• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has this unique ability to make you not want to live on this planet anymore.

just saying - people way smarter then us have came to the conclusion that the deal was so bad it should be veto'd.

i dont know what else to say besides that you guys have the arrogance to believe you are smarter than a bunch of league executives and owners if you think that the LAL deal was anything close to a deal that advanced the state of the New Orleans franchise

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq was integral to a championship team too until he was done for- Odom was SMOKING CRACK and done for

Scola has not had a relevant moment since then- and stayed with houston until he was amnestied-- and Kevin Martin was no where near what he once was

please- i cant believe this is even a real conversation- people WAY smarter then all of us came to that conclusion - this is not just my opinion- its the opinion of people that run the league.

unreal.

Well, with that logic. No one should go for guys like Lebron or Durant because they'll eventually hit their shelf lifes and no longer be valuable. Last I checked, Gasol was highly sought after this offseason and Bulls fans seem quite giddy that they got him.

We're (seemingly the board in its entirety) is simply stating that this was a trade, that AT THE TIME was equal to all parties involved. It's always so much easier to go back and look at trades years later and figure out who the winners and losers were.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just asking if you have any kind of sources or reports that said Love would sign an extension with Golden State because i have not seen it

I have seen it for the Cavs though- multiple reports from credible reporters....

I've seen it, but it was months ago......google works for you just as it does for me.

Its no secret Love wants to go back to California......and playing for a contending team in GS is something I'm sure he'd relish. This notion that out of nowhere, all of a sudden he'll ONLY play for the Cavs is the most BS I've heard reported in quite some time.

THIS is why I say there's a conspiracy. Out of the clear blue, after months of teams negotiating to get him, he NOW says this?

Really? You buy that?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen it, but it was months ago......google works for you just as it does for me.

Its no secret Love wants to go back to California......and playing for a contending team in GS is something I'm sure he'd relish. This notion that out of nowhere, all of a sudden he'll ONLY play for the Cavs is the most BS I've heard reported in quite some time.

THIS is why I say there's a conspiracy. Out of the clear blue, after months of teams negotiating to get him, he NOW says this?

Really? You buy that?

I think that if Lebron is in miami of course Love does not want to come to Cleveland

but to me- if i were trying to win a championship - and say the deal was Thompson and Lee and Green------or say the deal is Wiggins and Bennett and 2-3 1st rounders

what is a better chance of winning a title? - curry, love, bogut, iguadala, OR- coming from the East with lebron/love/kyrie/varejao/waiters

i think that is a very very very easy call if you wanted to give yourself the best chance to win a title

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy I'm going to be honest with you. I don't like you

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if Lebron is in miami of course Love does not want to come to Cleveland

but to me- if i were trying to win a championship - and say the deal was Thompson and Lee and Green------or say the deal is Wiggins and Bennett and 2-3 1st rounders

what is a better chance of winning a title? - curry, love, bogut, iguadala, OR- coming from the East with lebron/love/kyrie/varejao/waiters

i think that is a very very very easy call if you wanted to give yourself the best chance to win a title

He's had months to make that call. You really don't think he's talked to Flip Saunders on which teams he'd be willing to go to MONTHS ago?

Something here stinks.....and it should be obvious to everyone here. There's this concentrated effort to get him to Cleveland. Nevermind Cleveland isn't even offering that good a deal. Never mind they had a great deal from GS months ago before Cleveland was even a consideration.

I simply don't buy any of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.......the posts on this board would've reached into zones of debauchery that aren't even imaginable. It's odd that we get along now (to a point).......something's got to change....NOW!

:spit: Like Lebron opting out after the season to take his talent to the Lakers?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had months to make that call. You really don't think he's talked to Flip Saunders on which teams he'd be willing to go to MONTHS ago?

I mean- obviously the situation changed. As I said- if LeBron goes back to Miami maybe he does want to go to Golden State

but numerous credible reporters have said Lebron has actively tried to recruit Love to Cleveland- and that Love has told the Twolves that at this point- the only team he would sign an extension with is Cleveland-

of course pre-LeBron that was not the case- but since then- if you would believe the reports that is the case

I mean- why is it hard for you to belive that after never making the playoffs he would really want to come and play in Cleveland with LeBron and Kyrie to try and win a title? to me that sounds like a no-brainer- especially being in the East

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- obviously the situation changed. As I said- if LeBron goes back to Miami maybe he does want to go to Golden State

but numerous credible reporters have said Lebron has actively tried to recruit Love to Cleveland- and that Love has told the Twolves that at this point- the only team he would sign an extension with is Cleveland-

of course pre-LeBron that was not the case- but since then- if you would believe the reports that is the case

I mean- why is it hard for you to belive that after never making the playoffs he would really want to come and play in Cleveland with LeBron and Kyrie to try and win a title? to me that sounds like a no-brainer- especially being in the East

Because Cleveland is not a playoff team......and other playoff teams ARE wooing him as well. It's BS......and it's obvious it's BS.

Any contending team will be a favorite if he joins, not just the Cavs. Do you REALLY think the Cavs are the ONLY team in existence that can win with Love on the roster???

Do you think LOVE believes that ONLY in Cleveland can he win a title?

If you say yes to either of these questions, you may want to take the homer googles off.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, on paper the trade looked great at the time. However, the Hornets were not going to go to the playoffs anyway with that roster. They may or may not have had the number one pick in the draft, who truly knows? At that point you're simply speculating.

That trade was equal for all intents and purposes. I'm a Heat fan, that trade had nothing to do with my team and even I was pissed at how Stern handled that situation.

You're simply defending your owner who's the near-equivalent of a petulant spoiled child.

Also, I'm too lazy to check. But, Gasol would've went to the Rockets - not the Pelicans (which I'm not sure, trojan was implying). Which further proves that the Lakers were actually giving up quality players in Odom and Gasol in the trade. It's not like they were giving up Farmar and some other scrub to try to get a player like Durant.

Yeah, I forgot that Pau was actually headed to the Rockets. End of the day though, as you pointed out, it was still an equal trade for all parties. How the trade works out after it's made depends on the players and teams. On paper, however, it was very fair.

Stern's issue was that losing CP3 dropped the value of the New Orleans franchise that he was trying to sell. Gilbert's issue was that it dropped the Lakers under the luxury tax threshold which effected his welfare check as well as making the Lakers better. Cuban's issue was the same as Gilbert's, minus the league welfare check.

Last edited by a moderator:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Cleveland is not a playoff team......and other playoff teams ARE wooing him as well. It's BS......and it's obvious it's BS.

Any contending team will be a favorite if he joins, not just the Cavs. Do you REALLY think the Cavs are the ONLY team in existence that can win with Love on the roster???

Do you think LOVE believes that ONLY in Cleveland can he win a title?

If you say yes to either of these questions, you may want to take the homer googles off.

its possible he could win a title with another team- especially the Spurs- unfortunately the Spurs arent after

out of the teams that are after him- the team with by far the best player in the league- LeBron James- seems to me anyway...like the best possible chance to win the championship- especially since he would be in the East

are you really going to say that Cleveland would not give him the best chance to win a title if he forced his way there?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you being serious right now? Please, how can i even have a conversation with someone that is this patently wrong

Pau Gasol was going to Houston in the deal.

the players that were to go to New Orleans were Scola, Dragic and Kevin Martin

INSTEAD of doing that deal and having a punchers chance at the 8th seed and getting their ass kicked

they ended up rebuilding- and having a bad enough record to get Anthony Davis------

the actual players they got were Gordon, Aminu,the 10th pick in the draft, and their own pick became the 4th place in the lotto - which eventually became #1 and Anthony Davis

the rest is history

3 things here:

1.) I forgot Pau was headed to Houston. Honest mistake.
2.) As has been pointed out. It was still a fair trade to all involved.
3.) I really don't care if you want to have a conversation with me or not. I managed to have plenty of great conversations with plenty of people on these boards before your arrival and will continue to do so if you're gone.

Gotta love a noob coming in here talking about who he's willing to converse with.:L

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 things here:

1.) I forgot Pau was headed to Houston. Honest mistake.
2.) As has been pointed out. It was still a fair trade to all involved.
3.) I really don't care if you want to have a conversation with me or not. I managed to have plenty of great conversations with plenty of people on these boards before your arrival and will continue to do so if you're gone.

Gotta love a noob coming in here talking about who he's willing to converse with.:L

I think he was asleep during the Lakers last two title runs. Apparently Odom was a scrub, let's just ignore the fact that he was one of the best all around players in the league.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Lakers were not greedy and did not try and shed a ton of salary while also getting the best player in the deal the deal is probably never questioned- but when a deal is that uneven- and the other owners are asked to get rid of the team who they are trying to sells best player while also taking ona bunch of money of vets who have had their best days long ago--- beside dragic of course who took about 3 years to become a palyer of consequence and was a lightyl regarded prospect at the time

Bullshit. Just because a team is smart enough to be able to get a great player and get under the salary tax threshold, is not a reason to veto a trade.

The true reason the trade was vetoed was that the loss of CP3 meant a drop in the value of the team because CP3 was the biggest name in the deal. Your crybaby owners whining just helped Stern make that decision.

Your owner is a welfare mom and his only true complaint was it was going result in a smaller welfare check for him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My. God.

That deal was not uneven at all. Odom and Gasol (the latter being an all-star) were intrical in a team that had been to 3 finals and won twice. They were really good players and the Lakers were actually giving up significant pieces.

Yes, the trade now doesn't look all that great. Odom didn't want to leave LA and the trade shook him. Sure, he should've remained professional, but it is what it is.

At the time, that was a really good trade for all those involved. As the Hornets were going to lose out on CP3 anyway.

I'm also one of those in the belief that the NBA lottery is rigged to a certain degree. The Hornets would've had the number one pick anyway that year.

If memory serves, Odom was either 6th man of the year or received a lot of votes.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its possible he could win a title with another team- especially the Spurs- unfortunately the Spurs arent after

out of the teams that are after him- the team with by far the best player in the league- LeBron James- seems to me anyway...like the best possible chance to win the championship- especially since he would be in the East

are you really going to say that Cleveland would not give him the best chance to win a title if he forced his way there?

I'm saying its not the ONLY place he can go and win. And if he's like every other player in the league, his ego is telling him the same thing.

Is Cleveland the best place to go? That's an opinion.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was asleep during the Lakers last two title runs. Apparently Odom was a scrub, let's just ignore the fact that he was one of the best all around players in the league.

dude they were not getting the Odom that helped win two titles! odom had become a shell of himself since he was LITERALLY SMOKING CRACK!