• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq was integral to a championship team too until he was done for- Odom was SMOKING CRACK and done for

Scola has not had a relevant moment since then- and stayed with houston until he was amnestied-- and Kevin Martin was no where near what he once was

please- i cant believe this is even a real conversation- people WAY smarter then all of us came to that conclusion - this is not just my opinion- its the opinion of people that run the league.

unreal.

Arguably the dumbest post on the subject, ever. Congratulations noob.:clap:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Just because a team is smart enough to be able to get a great player and get under the salary tax threshold, is not a reason to veto a trade.

The true reason the trade was vetoed was that the loss of CP3 meant a drop in the value of the team because CP3 was the biggest name in the deal. Your crybaby owners whining just helped Stern make that decision.

Your owner is a welfare mom and his only true complaint was it was going result in a smaller welfare check for him.

smaller welfare check for him?!

are you insane? Dan Gilbert could buy and sell the Buss family 4 times over- unlike them- his success and fortune is from the business world and basketball is a hobby- he can piss on 10 million dollars

he took Baron Davis' contract of 19 million just to get the 8th slot in the lotto from the Clips that became the #1 pick and Kyrie-

if you HONESTLY think for one minute that Dan Gilberts basketball motives are at all out of a consideration for money then you have no clue what so ever

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying its not the ONLY place he can go and win. And if he's like every other player in the league, his ego is telling him the same thing.

Is Cleveland the best place to go? That's an opinion.

I never said it was the ONLY place he could go and win- I said its the place HE wants to go- and it gives him the BEST chance to win

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest with you someone that is both a heat fan and a yankee fan is not someone that i would have much like either ...lol

Here's the deal noob. You're not making yourself very popular around here. If you want to be that guy, knock your socks off.

However, bks has a solid history here and has earned the respect of everyone here. You, not so much.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you insane? Dan Gilbert could buy and sell the Buss family 4 times over- unlike them- his success and fortune is from the business world and basketball is a hobby- he can piss on 10 million dollars

I'm going to simplify it for you, how many rings did Dr Buss get and how many does Gilbert have. Thanks for playing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the deal noob. You're not making yourself very popular around here. If you want to be that guy, knock your socks off.

However, bks has a solid history here and has earned the respect of everyone here. You, not so much.

i am sorry if you guys dont like to hear the truth because it conflicts with your false narratives

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude they were not getting the Odom that helped win two titles! odom had become a shell of himself since he was LITERALLY SMOKING CRACK!

Uh, no he wasn't. He didn't start that shit until well after he left the Lakers. Nice try, I'd suggest you quit making up bullshit. It won't end well for you.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to simplify it for you, how many rings did Dr Buss get and how many does Gilbert have. Thanks for playing.

unreal- the argument Trojan made was that Gilbert cared about money and thats why he vetoed the deal and that is just insanely off base. if you think Dan Gilbert cares about a few million dollars in regards to his basketball operation you have not been paying attention

and yes- the key word you said thing you said there was "Dr. Buss"

now you have an owner that is woefully in over his head and has no talent at his job what so ever- but thats what happens you have guys like Dolan and little Jimmy who owe their success to their fathers and not to themselves.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible that LAMAR ODOM was essentially done that summer of 2011.

He has his demons to deal with....and there was hints that he was in a freefall.

If he truly was damaged goods, then that trade was a crappy deal for New Orleans.

I don't know. I am not part of the Lakers inner circle, but its possible....

The LAKERs immediately shipped him off for a bag of beans.
He never was remotely even an average player again. Something was clearly wrong with him.

So, I can entertain the idea it was a bad trade (if the substance abuse issues were known).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smaller welfare check for him?!

he took Baron Davis' contract of 19 million just to get the 8th slot in the lotto from the Clips that became the #1 pick and Kyrie-

if you HONESTLY think for one minute that Dan Gilberts basketball motives are at all out of a consideration for money then you have no clue what so ever

The Cavs have been collecting league welfare checks since the luxury tax was imposed. That was his issue, he even commented on it in one of those letters that he loves to write. You know the one's, like the one he wrote to you all after Lebron left.

He fired one of those off right after the trade was announced. Also, the Buss families fortune also came from business. It came from Dr. Buss' real estate ventures. Dr. Buss was also responsible for deals like the one the Lakers got with Time Warner. It's why the Lakers are swimming in money and the Cavs, not so much.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unreal- the argument Trojan made was that Gilbert cared about money and thats why he vetoed the deal and that is just insanely off base. if you think Dan Gilbert cares about a few million dollars in regards to his basketball operation you have not been paying attention

and yes- the key word you said thing you said there was "Dr. Buss"

now you have an owner that is woefully in over his head and has no talent at his job what so ever- but thats what happens you have guys like Dolan and little Jimmy who owe their success to their fathers and not to themselves.

I'd rather have little Jimmy than a owner who acts like a spurned ex-girlfriend that stalks her ex for four years and now bends over for him on command like a little whore. (rough I know but no malice lol just funny)

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq was integral to a championship team too until he was done for-

jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

What does that even mean?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot really find any articles about his substance abuse issues prior to the Dallas trade.

But, its possible....

But, the financial value of the HORNETS probably had more to do with than any concern with the well-being of Lamar Odom.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am sorry if you guys dont like to hear the truth because it conflicts with your false narratives

We'd be more than happen to hear the truth. Unfortunately, what you are spewing, ain't it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can u guys even imagine how screwed New Orleans would be if they made that Lakers deal?

OMG- instead of having Anthony Davis- theyd have Lamar Odom smoking crack, Kevin Martin at 8M a year, whatever scola has become which is a little used bench player- and Dragic who actually has become a very solid player- but Dragic or Anthony Davis is not even a little bit of a debate-----

it turns out those owners knew EXACTLY what they were doing. You cannot possibly argue with the results

they were right

thats not even close to a debate

I' am sorry that was the beginning of the end for the Lakers- i really am- after that they made the terrible Dwight and Nash deals and Dr. Buss died----- ---- i am sorry they screwed the pooch in giving an injured kobe 24 million a year severely restricting their cap space

and they traded away all their first rounders that they could under the rules

1 to houston to get rid of fishers salary and get Hill
1 to Cleveland to get 2 months of sessions and get rid of waltons contract
2 to phoenix for Steve Nash's corpse

and i have said on here many times- at least you guys have a ton of good times to reflect on while you go through this period of crappy irrelevance- --- but i dont see this period of crappy irrelevance ending until Jimmy Buss has the controls taken out of his hands AND Kobe's ridiculous extension is up

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible that LAMAR ODOM was essentially done that summer of 2011.

He has his demons to deal with....and there was hints that he was in a freefall.

If he truly was damaged goods, then that trade was a crappy deal for New Orleans.

I don't know. I am not part of the Lakers inner circle, but its possible....

The LAKERs immediately shipped him off for a bag of beans.
He never was remotely even an average player again. Something was clearly wrong with him.

So, I can entertain the idea it was a bad trade (if the substance abuse issues were known).

Lamar wasn't involved in any of that shit at that time. The Lakers unloaded him for a bag of beans because of how he reacted to the news of the trade. Instead of being professional about it like Pau, he threw a bitch fit and stormed out of Mitch Kupchak's office like a teenage girl.

His problems with drugs, etc. started after he left the Lakers. Sad thing is, had he simply reacted like Pau, he might be retiring as a Laker.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is hilarious, you have to admit. He's got to stick around for the comedy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for much longer.

how do you POSSIBLY know that Odom was not doing that while he was with the Lakers?

that would be 100% IMPOSSIBLE to know- in all likelihood if he was having a "shit fit" and acting like a baby he was on drugs! and couple that with leaving LAL would have just amde it worse

i mean- he went to a contender in the Mavs and was out of control and horrible- the situation is gonna be better in New orleans with a team that wouldve had a hard time sniffing the playoffs?

cmon......

I can understand Lakers fans being butt-hurt about the Paul trade- it represented the beginning of the end of their run- but this denial is ridiuclous