• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have little Jimmy than a owner who acts like a spurned ex-girlfriend that stalks her ex for four years and now bends over for him on command like a little whore. (rough I know but no malice lol just funny)

LOL.

Not to mention the lack of self respect one must have to welcome James back after the way he left.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said the Cavs would be the #4 seed last season. How'd that work out again?

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Cavs fans getting cocky once again. Comical. They could win or they could have a huge failure with Love, Irving, Lebron and a bunch of 1s not winning the title. They could be like the Celtics or like the Nets. Part of me really wants to see them sweat it out and see how tough minded Mr. James and the Cavs can be when the chips are down. Getting Love will only up the pressure. I think most of us agree that if the Cavs get Love for almost nothing that the NBA, in the average Americans eyes, will appear to be worse than the WWE...LOL. Most think the NBA is fixed anyway. So much for Mr. James patience...all this was planned months in advance.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you POSSIBLY know that Odom was not doing that while he was with the Lakers?

that would be 100% IMPOSSIBLE to know- in all likelihood if he was having a "shit fit" and acting like a baby he was on drugs! and couple that with leaving LAL would have just amde it worse

i mean- he went to a contender in the Mavs and was out of control and horrible- the situation is gonna be better in New orleans with a team that wouldve had a hard time sniffing the playoffs?

cmon......

I can understand Lakers fans being butt-hurt about the Paul trade- it represented the beginning of the end of their run- but this denial is ridiuclous

You're the one saying he was smoking crack when the trade was made. Where's your proof? I didn't come in here making any accusations about him, you did.

Considering his level of play with the Lakers, it would be impossible for him to have been using that shit. He fell apart when he was traded to Dallas because, for some reason, the fact that he was involved in that trade, screwed him up.

Lakers fans have long since moved past the CP3 trade. You brought it up. The rest of us, including non-Lakers fans have been disputing your revisionist history.

But, of course, everyone else on the board is wrong and you are right. You really are determined to be that guy, aren't you? Good luck with that.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no- they would have you believe the deal was awesome

Give up the best player- take on a bunch of overpaid vets that are passed their primes! and its a GREAT deal!

makes a TON of sense....

take on a 32 year old Odom making a bunch of money (who became unplayable)
take on a 31 year old Scola making a bunch of money (who was soon after amnestied)
take on a a 28 year old Kevin Martin making a bunch of money (who has had some moments but is not close to an all-star level player)

and then Dragic- who was a pretty decent young player- really the only REAL asset in the deal

INSTEAD OF

taking

Eric Gordon- a guy that was offered a max contract by multiple teams after the deal
the 10th pick in the draft
Chris Kaman- a serviceable big man that is still getting paid in the league
Aminu- who is garbage admittedly

and the kicker- they were bad enough to get a pick that became Anthony Davis!!!!

i mean- in retrospect its not even a question!

who can even argue with the results?! you COULDNT POSSIBLY without looking insane

Go back and re-read Heatles posts if you still don't get it. I'm going to stop instigating, if you self-destruct here I won't have a hand in it lol.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can u guys even imagine how screwed New Orleans would be if they made that Lakers deal?

It's easy to use hindsight...

Can you imagine if the Pistons drafted Chris Bosh instead of Darko?

Can you imagine if LeBron stayed in Miami and Cleveland was stuck with Kyrie injury-prone Irving?

Can you imagine if my parents had invested in Microsoft and Apple before they (the companies) blew up?

Decisions are usually made on the known facts at the time.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one saying he was smoking crack when the trade was made. Where's your proof? I didn't come in here making any accusations about him, you did.

Considering his level of play with the Lakers, it would be impossible for him to have been using that shit. He fell apart when he was traded to Dallas because, for some reason, the fact that he was involved in that trade, screwed him up.

Lakers fans have long since moved past the CP3 trade. You brought it up. The rest of us, including non-Lakers fans have been disputing your revisionist history.

But, of course, everyone else on the board is wrong and you are right. You really are determined to be that guy, aren't you? Good luck with that.

In fairness, he lost a child several years ago. The trade could have fucked him up and it could have been a delayed reaction so he started using. Regardless, I hope he gets his life together.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am saying that i agree with the owers and league executives and Stern that vetoed the deal. If that puts me in the minority on this board in regards to the "fairness" of that trade i am comfortable in that position

I apologize if it was meant as anymore then that.

To be honest- I think the Lakers had their first positive offseason in nearly half a decade this offseason in getting Randle who i didnt think had a CHANCE of being there at 7 and i wouldve considered taking him 3rd in the draft-

the Ed Davis move I think was awesome- i think that kid has talent and is getting paid nothing

and boozer at a 3.5 million is actually really good- if not for the fact that he will be blocking Davis and Randle

even the Lin thing i think is good since they got a 1st rounder out of it and maintanied their cap flexibility

BUT- that doesnt mean that they are not even close to being a contender- which if anyone is honest knows they are not- but at least they are starting to take steps in the right direction

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time Scola was a better player than Kaman who he said was "serviceable."

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans getting cocky once again. Comical. They could win or they could have a huge failure with Love, Irving, Lebron and a bunch of 1s not winning the title. They could be like the Celtics or like the Nets. Part of me really wants to see them sweat it out and see how tough minded Mr. James and the Cavs can be when the chips are down. Getting Love will only up the pressure. I think most of us agree that if the Cavs get Love for almost nothing that the NBA, in the average Americans eyes, will appear to be worse than the WWE...LOL. Most think the NBA is fixed anyway. So much for Mr. James patience...all this was planned months in advance.

Now it's fixed, but it wasn't fixed when Pierce, Allen, and KG teamed up or James, Bosh, and Wade. C'mon man get a hold of yourself.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to use hindsight...

Can you imagine if the Pistons drafted Chris Bosh instead of Darko?

Can you imagine if LeBron stayed in Miami and Cleveland was stuck with Kyrie injury-prone Irving?

Can you imagine if my parents had invested in Microsoft and Apple before they blew up?

Decisions are usually made on the known facts at the time.

Exactly. Every season, we see trades that look good at the time, not work out. We see draft choices that teams think are going to be great, turn out to be busts. We see FA signings that end up being ridiculously overpaid.

Also, who knows how things would have worked out if the original trade had gone through. Maybe Odom reacts differently. Maybe guys like Kevin Martin and Scola decide they want to prove they shouldn't have been traded. Maybe Pau gets pissed and played like he did in the 2 championship seasons.

Oh wait, we already know how all of that would have worked out, the all knowing noob already told us.:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, he lost a child several years ago. The trade could have fucked him up and it could have been a delayed reaction so he started using. Regardless, I hope he gets his life together.

Me too. Dude has had several tragedies in his life dating back to when he was a kid. That trade may have been the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it's fixed, but it wasn't fixed when Pierce, Allen, and KG teamed up or James, Bosh, and Wade. C'mon man get a hold of yourself.

I dont understand why you would think it was fixed

if you were Love and in the last year of your deal and could influence where you would go- why would you not want to go to the place that gave you the best chance of winning a title?--- the ONLY place where someone else on the team would have more pressure on his shoulders than Love to get the job done-

after taking heat for not winning for as long as he has in Minne- going to Cleveland and being the 2nd banana, playing in the weaker conference and basically being guaranteed a trip to the ECF, getting paid max money to play with James and Kyrie (who he has actually done marketing deals with) seems like it would be a pretty good deal

the GSW opportunity is certainly better than Minnesota- but he would be battling the Spurs, Mavs, OKC, Clips to get to the Finals- and he would be considered by most to be the best player on the team and have a lot of pressure on his shoulders

If I am Love i take the situation where success is all but guaranteed in the East- and the pressure is LeBron to deliver---- AND- o yah- your also playing with LeBron James-possibly the least selfish superstar with the ball in his hand since Magic

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Every season, we see trades that look good at the time, not work out. We see draft choices that teams think are going to be great, turn out to be busts. We see FA signings that end up being ridiculously overpaid.

Also, who knows how things would have worked out if the original trade had gone through. Maybe Odom reacts differently. Maybe guys like Kevin Martin and Scola decide they want to prove they shouldn't have been traded. Maybe Pau gets pissed and played like he did in the 2 championship seasons.

Oh wait, we already know how all of that would have worked out, the all knowing noob already told us.:lol:

what i do know is that Scola and Odom were in their 30's and no matter what happened- crack habit or not- would be on the down-swing of their careers and both were being paid a lot of money-

and again- Pau went to Houston- not NO

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I stand by my statement that I agree with the owners and league executives and Stern that vetoed the deal- I am sorry if that opinion offends you.

And i am sure that New Orleans is very happy with how things turned out as they ended up with Anthony Davis who is an exceptional young player and could contend for MVP's once LeBron and Durant are past their primes