• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is starting to look pretty good. World class symphony, world class health care, best basketball player on the planet, Republican national convention (2016) is coming here, Kyrie signed a max extension, Mike Miller choose Cleveland over more money in Denver, Manziel is making the Browns relevant, Rock and Roll hall of fame is here, fabulous science center, Pro Football HOF is 30 minutes down to Canton, Akron has lots of exciting things happening, Cedar Point is a short drive to Sandusky.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't Mike Miller choose Cleveland over Denver?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is starting to look pretty good. World class symphony, world class health care, best basketball player on the planet, Republican national convention (2016) is coming here, Kyrie signed a max extension, Mike Miller choose Cleveland over more money in Denver, Manziel is making the Browns relevant, Rock and Roll hall of fame is here, fabulous science center, Pro Football HOF is 30 minutes down to Canton, Akron has lots of exciting things happening, Cedar Point is a short drive to Sandusky.

Anything named Sandusky is all bad.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver offered Miller 5 million per season?

Wow. I think his deal with the Cavs is about right for this stage for his career.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to grade the current players in the NBA on a prediction of what their careers/legacies will look like when they are done I would go

True Greats
LeBron
Kobe
Duncan

those are easily the top 3....

the next tier gets tougher...i put the following guys in teh next tier

Definite Hall of Famers
Dirk
DWade
KG
CP3
Nash
Durant

and then the next tier
Probable Hall of Famers
Pierce
Melo
Bosh
Love
Aldridge
Howard
Parker
(Ginobili)??
(Gasol?)

next- young guys that are way too early to tell but have potential
P. George
Anthony Davis
D.Rose
D. Lillard
RW
KI
Cousins
Rondo
Curry

PP is in the first class, he's a definite HOF'er...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Denver offered him more than twice the money Cleveland did.

One team is a title contender and the other will be lucky to make the playoffs. Easy decision to me

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One team is a title contender and the other will be lucky to make the playoffs. Easy decision to me

Yeah, at this point in his career, Miller has pretty much made the money he's going to make as far as any kind of big contracts. Now it's about seeing how many rings he can collect playing a Robert Horry type of role.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One company offers you 12 million and another offers you 5 million and YOU are going to go with the 5 million because they are the better company??? Foolish.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, at this point in his career, Miller has pretty much made the money he's going to make as far as any kind of big contracts. Now it's about seeing how many rings he can collect playing a Robert Horry type of role.

So bling is more important than money? Wow, that explains why so many NBA players wind up bankrupt.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One company offers you 12 million and another offers you 5 million and YOU are going to go with the 5 million because they are the better company??? Foolish.

Part of the game is winning and rings. You can't compare it to a company, bc you only have two goals moving up in the company and money. This is different.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also miller easy decision to pick cavs this isn't baseball where all the players take money over winning all the time

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is starting to look pretty good. World class symphony, world class health care, best basketball player on the planet, Republican national convention (2016) is coming here, Kyrie signed a max extension, Mike Miller choose Cleveland over more money in Denver, Manziel is making the Browns relevant, Rock and Roll hall of fame is here, fabulous science center, Pro Football HOF is 30 minutes down to Canton, Akron has lots of exciting things happening,
Cedar Point is a short drive to Sandusky.

I'd suggest keeping Sandusky away from all of the youngsters at Cedar Point.:nod:

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the game is winning and rings. You can't compare it to a company, bc you only have two goals moving up in the company and money. This is different.

Foolish. In fact an athlete should be MORE focused on making money than any bling since the standard career of a world class athlete (career) is around 5 years. NBA players are predominantly uneducated and their NBA careers are going to be the BEST option they have to make money and set themselves up for the rest of their lives. As we've seen with study after study, they aren't too smart when it comes to handling money. Many will eventually sell their bling on Ebay once their NBA money runs out.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver offered Miller 5 million per season?

Wow. I think his deal with the Cavs is about right for this stage for his career.

I think he was offered 12/M for 3 years in Denver.

He'll make 2.75M in Cleveland this year, plus still get paid from the Heat 6M plus.

This way he can re-evaluate his situation in a year.