• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It worked for Kevin Johnson :noidea:.

I mean, we voted Arnold into office:gaah:.

Minny elected Jesse the Body Ventura.

So, anything can happen :pound:

Bron, Halle Berry, Steven Speilberg, hell...Carmen Electra could probably run for office in Ohio, and win, simply because they are hometown kids.

Cleveland girl Halle Berry can return to Cleveland any time she wants. Kevin Johnson was one of the most brilliant BB players I've ever seen. And a damn good player to boot. But, the Cavs had Price and needed Larry Nance and Mike Sanders. I've been rooting against Boozer ever since he stiffed the Cavs too.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I like Ricky.

He's a big pg ,that should be able to be an elite defender, and that has unbelievable court vision.

But, he is not a max guy.

Who in the blue hell is he gonna pass it to when Love is gone?

Not to beat a dead horse on a new website..

But, Minny's demise began when they drafted Johnny Fricking Flynn, instead of Steph Curry, one pick after taking Ricky.

Rubio dishing to Curry and Love?

GOODNESS!

They didn't take steph because he's not super ATHLETIC! Being athletic is so overrated I rather have a guy that has skill coming into the league

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that without love. There team was shitty couldn't make the playoffs in the east minus lebron. With love I say Yes!

This Cavs team is BETTER than the Cavs team LeBron had when he left. They've got a legit second all star in Irving and lots of young guys who will be better with LeBron there. They won 60 games with LeBron and a bunch of crap. I see no reason why they won't win 55-60 this year.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't take steph because he's not super ATHLETIC! Being athletic is so overrated I rather have a guy that has skill coming into the league

I remember that draft with perfect clarity.

The Baby-faced Assassin was killing fools in the 2008 Tourney.

David Kahn really shit the bed on that pick:doh:.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So bling is more important than money? Wow, that explains why so many NBA players wind up bankrupt.

Possibly, but there may also be a point where these guys decide they've made plenty of money and want championships. Guys who have never won a title would do it for obvious reasons and guys like Miller who have already won a title or 2 get kind of addicted to it.

Plus, they make up at least a little of the difference with playoff shares, etc.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Cavs team is BETTER than the Cavs team LeBron had when he left. They've got a legit second all star in Irving and lots of young guys who will be better with LeBron there. They won 60 games with LeBron and a bunch of crap. I see no reason why they won't win 55-60 this year.

During his 1st stint with the Cavs, who do you see as his best #2?

I really wanted it to be Larry Hughes. But, no.....lol

Could have been Dejaun Wagner if not for all the brutal injuries, health problems.

Young Boozer?

Andy?

Mo Williams?

Fat Shaq?

Jamison?

Very slim pickings.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly, but there may also be a point where these guys decide they've made plenty of money and want championships. Guys who have never won a title would do it for obvious reasons and guys like Miller who have already won a title or 2 get kind of addicted to it.

Plus, they make up at least a little of the difference with playoff shares, etc.

Like the Sr. Executive in charge of Towel waving and Gatorade distribution, Juwan Howard?

Unreal that he made over 150 mil in his career.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It worked for Kevin Johnson :noidea:.

I mean, we voted Arnold into office:gaah:.

Minny elected Jesse the Body Ventura.

So, anything can happen :pound:

Bron, Halle Berry, Steven Speilberg, hell...Carmen Electra could probably run for office in Ohio, and win, simply because they are hometown kids.

I'm willing to bet that all the people you listed are smarter than LBJ :lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you are being over ambitious.

James tried a lot harder during the regular season back then, and the pieces around him weren't that great individually but worked well as a group.

Yes, James will make it easier for everyone else there now, but if you take him off of your current roster it is much worse then last years.

I don't see it winning 25+ games as is minus James.

Your "legit second all star" couldn't get the better group to the playoffs.

As is, if everyone stays healthy I believe your win total will be closer to 50 then 60.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over-paying him because Love is going to bolt.

He's a walking trip-doub waiting to happen but maybe they are thinking he's just 23 and could develop once Love leaves? Idk. He's a great passer, rebounder and defender but I don't see him ever being able to score more than 16ppg....A poor man's Jason Kidd like I've been saying for years.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's improved his FG and 3% every year, but he's still shooting under 40% and just 33% on 3's.

Maybe he'll develop his shot like Kidd did.................eventually.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,644.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodness:L.

And that's exactly why I have enjoyed Boozer's recent failures.

Can't blame a guy for wanting a richer contract, better chance to win.

But like Derek Fisher, it was the way they did it.

You don't think they will roll the dice on Love?

He has some significant financial reasons for waiting.

But, I understand your thinking.

Clips went thru the same thing with Chris Paul, the Lakers with Howard.

For 3.25 million, I love the Boozer pickup. Let Randle come in off the bench and with the 2nd unit and learn the game, no need to rush him. If he develops....trade Boozer at the deadline (affordable and expiring deal) and start Randle in the 2nd half of the season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are being over ambitious.

James tried a lot harder during the regular season back then, and the pieces around him weren't that great individually but worked well as a group.

Yes, James will make it easier for everyone else there now, but if you take him off of your current roster it is much worse then last years.

I don't see it winning 25+ games as is minus James.

Your "legit second all star" couldn't get the better group to the playoffs.

As is, if everyone stays healthy I believe your win total will be closer to 50 then 60.

I mean, 60 is a huge number even in the East.

With Love, they likely don't win many more games in the regular seasons than they would have without him because of what they likely have to give up to acquire him.

But, I think he will make a bigger difference, short-term, in the playoffs.

Yes, I am aware that he's never been before.

But, he's a Vet and I'd trust him more than Wiggins right now.

I say they win 50 without Love and 55 with him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 3.25 million, I love the Boozer pickup. Let Randle come in off the bench and with the 2nd unit and learn the game, no need to rush him. If he develops....trade Boozer at the deadline (affordable and expiring deal) and start Randle in the 2nd half of the season.

DJ, why do you keep throwing this trade Boozer scenario out there?

He can't be traded.

Ps. Boozer is starting at SF :pound:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the Sr. Executive in charge of Towel waving and Gatorade distribution, Juwan Howard?

Unreal that he made over 150 mil in his career.

Exactly. That's where LTCF's "the average career is only about 5 years" logic breaks down for me. By and large, the guys who are taking less to win titles aren't the "5 years and out" guys. It's guys like Miller who have been around for awhile, feel they've made their money and now want to feel what it's like to get a title or to have multiple titles.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boozer is penciled in as the Lakers’ starting small forward. He will be in the final year of his contract and will be paid $13.5 million by the Bulls. As per terms of the amnesty provision, the Lakers cannot trade Boozer. He will be a free agent next July. “Personally, I know he’s going to have a great year this year and at his age, there’s no reason why he can’t play three, four or five more years,” Kupchak said.