• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foolish. In fact an athlete should be MORE focused on making money than any bling since the standard career of a world class athlete (career) is around 5 years. NBA players are predominantly uneducated and their NBA careers are going to be the BEST option they have to make money and set themselves up for the rest of their lives. As we've seen with study after study, they aren't too smart when it comes to handling money. Many will eventually sell their bling on Ebay once their NBA money runs out.

That's why they hire someone to manage their finances. If they have been a successful player, then why not go for the rings. Once you have the mobey, as a player you want to accomplish the ultimate goal. Unless a player doesn't care about winning, I know if I was already accomplished and didn't have a ring I would have one motive.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LeBron at 29 has already started to decline in some ways- he is no longer the guy that can do the crazy chase-down blocks on a nightly basis that he was at 24 that is for sure

but players like LeBron and Kobe make up for those losses in athletic ability with gains in other areas since they are positively brilliant- those are special cases

other guys that are mere mortals are not so lucky once they hit 30

all though- a guy like Andy Varejao who never has really relied on his athleticism to be good- guys like that- i think age a little better then the guys that rely on their athletic ability (cough cough dwade, cough)

Varejao is not that good of a player. Also, if you want to take about injuries - how many games has he played in the last 3 years?

It's been well documented what the Heat were attempting with Wade. Yes, I'm the equivalent of what Lakers fans are with Kobe as I am with Wade. I'm fully aware that Wade's not the 06 Wade anymore, but if you look at stats - you'd see that he was by far the most efficient 2-guard in the league last year.

But please continue to put Varejao and Wade in the same discussion.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flip Saunders done lost his damn mind.

Someone puhleeeeeeeeease tell me they are not giving Rubio 85 million dollars:doh:.

And we wonder why a guy like Bledsoe has his heads in the clouds?

Your agent is negotiating a $85 million contract and you act all normal. Ricky Rubio: I try to stay away from that. I'm not going to lie: I talk to my agent about it, but that's his thing. On the court, I do my work and enjoy when I play. Signing a contract or not is not going to change who I am.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why they hire someone to manage their finances. If they have been a successful player, then why not go for the rings. Once you have the mobey, as a player you want to accomplish the ultimate goal. Unless a player doesn't care about winning, I know if I was already accomplished and didn't have a ring I would have one motive.

Nearly all players want to win but the smart player wants to make as much money as possible since the career is usually only 5 years. They hire people to manage their finances??? Then how come almost 80% of NBA players are broke/bankrupt within 5 years of retirement?

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flip Saunders done lost his damn mind.

Someone puhleeeeeeeeease tell me they are not giving Rubio 85 million dollars:doh:.

And we wonder why a guy like Bledsoe has his heads in the clouds?

Your agent is negotiating a $85 million contract and you act all normal. Ricky Rubio: I try to stay away from that. I'm not going to lie: I talk to my agent about it, but that's his thing. On the court, I do my work and enjoy when I play. Signing a contract or not is not going to change who I am.

DJ probably still believes that Rubio is worth the 85 million. Another foolish move by the Minny franchise. Oh well, certain markets (Minny is one) where the fan base won't support a team with all black players.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is starting to look pretty good. World class symphony, world class health care, best basketball player on the planet, Republican national convention (2016) is coming here, Kyrie signed a max extension, Mike Miller choose Cleveland over more money in Denver, Manziel is making the Browns relevant, Rock and Roll hall of fame is here, fabulous science center, Pro Football HOF is 30 minutes down to Canton, Akron has lots of exciting things happening, Cedar Point is a short drive to Sandusky.

Guys taking less to play in Cleveland * Miller *.

Guys taking less to get out of Los Angeles * Gasol *.

Helter Skelter:lol:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ probably still believes that Rubio is worth the 85 million. Another foolish move by the Minny franchise. Oh well, certain markets (Minny is one) where the fan base won't support a team with all black players.

Deals like this, if it really happens, are very problematic.

Yes, they are gonna have to overpay in Minny to land a big name player.

But, this is not wise.

He's a great passer.

That's it...

The guy has been playing professionally for almost 10 years.

He is what he is and that aint a max guy.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys taking less to play in Cleveland * Miller *.

Guys taking less to get out of Los Angeles * Gasol *.

Helter Skelter:lol:

It really is amazing what 1 player caused. It was a smart move by LeBron. He fixes his image around the country by coming home. Cleveland fans, weary of 4 years of pathetic BB, were more than willing to embrace his return. The owner swallowed his pride and now his franchise value is 1 billion or more again. If the Cavs win a title, LeBron will cement his rise to the rafters of the Quicken Loans arena and forever be the player talked about in NE Ohio. He can then use that love to run for Mayor of Akron or Governor of Ohio at some point in the future if politics are something he wants to do. Or, he can work for the Cavs and eventually own the team. He has really expanded his options.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably.

But, Minny has 2 other legit options.

Love is already dialing back the Cavs or bust talk.

However, I think it's simply a matter of letting the 30 day wait, to trade Wiggins contract, expire that is stopping the deal from being done.

Still, other Teams can use that time for a last minute Hell Mary to try and land Kevin for themselves.

Sources close to Love have said they were urging people to dial back the “Cleveland or else” message and that while Love seems open to all three of the situations being seriously considered – Cleveland, Golden State and Chicago, he is not willing to commit long-term to any of them as a first action. The ideal action is to hit free agency in July and ink a new long-term deal. The team that trades for him can give him the biggest financial package since they will have his Bird rights.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deals like this, if it really happens, are very problematic.

Yes, they are gonna have to overpay in Minny to land a big name player.

But, this is not wise.

He's a great passer.

That's it...

The guy has been playing professionally for almost 10 years.

He is what he is and that aint a max guy.

I've been singing that tune for years. Rubio is a 1 dimensional player and now that the league knows he can only pass, they play him for the pass, thereby cutting down his efficiency. Unless guys expand their games, the league figures out your tendencies and strengths/weaknesses.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably.

But, Minny has 2 other legit options.

Love is already dialing back the Cavs or bust talk.

However, I think it's simply a matter of letting the 30 day wait, to trade Wiggins contract, expire that is stopping the deal from being done.

Still, other Teams can use that time for a last minute Hell Mary to try and land Kevin for themselves.

Sources close to Love have said they were urging people to dial back the “Cleveland or else” message and that while Love seems open to all three of the situations being seriously considered – Cleveland, Golden State and Chicago, he is not willing to commit long-term to any of them as a first action. The ideal action is to hit free agency in July and ink a new long-term deal. The team that trades for him can give him the biggest financial package since they will have his Bird rights.

The Cavs won't trade for him and give up Wiggins UNLESS they have Love's name on a contract extension. Since Boozer lied, the Cavs have wised up.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is amazing what 1 player caused. It was a smart move by LeBron. He fixes his image around the country by coming home. Cleveland fans, weary of 4 years of pathetic BB, were more than willing to embrace his return. The owner swallowed his pride and now his franchise value is 1 billion or more again. If the Cavs win a title, LeBron will cement his rise to the rafters of the Quicken Loans arena and forever be the player talked about in NE Ohio. He can then use that love to run for Mayor of Akron or Governor of Ohio at some point in the future if politics are something he wants to do. Or, he can work for the Cavs and eventually own the team. He has really expanded his options.

Yep:nod:.

Strategic business move, indeed.

I really hope you get Love.

How great would it be for him to win a Championship his very first year in the Playoffs?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs won't trade for him and give up Wiggins UNLESS they have Love's name on a contract extension. Since Boozer lied, the Cavs have wised up.

Goodness:L.

And that's exactly why I have enjoyed Boozer's recent failures.

Can't blame a guy for wanting a richer contract, better chance to win.

But like Derek Fisher, it was the way they did it.

You don't think they will roll the dice on Love?

He has some significant financial reasons for waiting.

But, I understand your thinking.

Clips went thru the same thing with Chris Paul, the Lakers with Howard.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dan Gilbert swallowed a whole lot more than just his pride.

Yeah what a great idea, everybody vote for President LeBron :pound:You guys crack me up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been singing that tune for years. Rubio is a 1 dimensional player and now that the league knows he can only pass, they play him for the pass, thereby cutting down his efficiency. Unless guys expand their games, the league figures out your tendencies and strengths/weaknesses.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ricky.

He's a big pg ,that should be able to be an elite defender, and that has unbelievable court vision.

But, he is not a max guy.

Who in the blue hell is he gonna pass it to when Love is gone?

Not to beat a dead horse on a new website..

But, Minny's demise began when they drafted Johnny Fricking Flynn, instead of Steph Curry, one pick after taking Ricky.

Rubio dishing to Curry and Love?

GOODNESS!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Gilbert swallowed a whole lot more than just his pride.

Yeah what a great idea, everybody vote for President LeBron :pound:You guys crack me up.

It worked for Kevin Johnson :noidea:.

I mean, we voted Arnold into office:gaah:.

Minny elected Jesse the Body Ventura.

So, anything can happen :pound:

Bron, Halle Berry, Steven Speilberg, hell...Carmen Electra could probably run for office in Ohio, and win, simply because they are hometown kids.