• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. That's where LTCF's "the average career is only about 5 years" logic breaks down for me. By and large, the guys who are taking less to win titles aren't the "5 years and out" guys. It's guys like Miller who have been around for awhile, feel they've made their money and now want to feel what it's like to get a title or to have multiple titles.

He's an okay poster, loves his Cavs and a bit homer-ish but aren't we all?

I'm glad Suge invited him, we had our differences on FN but it's #Newbeginnings....here.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they change the smiley's Trojan? I have a hard time finding my go-to-ones sometimes....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he could be traded after Jan 15th....:scratch:

For normal contracts, yes.

But, not for amnesty casualties.

If I'm not mistaken, the Lakers have 4 contracts they can't deal.

Kobe, Boozer, Henry and Johnson because the last 2 signed 1yr deals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. That's where LTCF's "the average career is only about 5 years" logic breaks down for me. By and large, the guys who are taking less to win titles aren't the "5 years and out" guys. It's guys like Miller who have been around for awhile, feel they've made their money and now want to feel what it's like to get a title or to have multiple titles.

:agree:

Look at Pau.

He could have stayed in LA for 10mil per.

But, decided to gamble on Derrick's knees holding up ,took the pay cut , and headed to Chicago.

Now, look at Eric Bledsoe.

He'd rather take the max in Milwaukee, than 12mil to stay with the Suns.

These guys are at different ends of the spectrum earning wise and in re: to playing days being numbered.

I think the elder statesmen that are still chasing dollars, instead of rings, have either mismanaged their finances horribly or have been career journeymen playing for vet. minimums.

Rings matter when it's all said and done.

Anyone who doesn't believe that should take a look at Barkley's face every time Kenny and Shaq bring them up:pound:

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During his 1st stint with the Cavs, who do you see as his best #2?

I really wanted it to be Larry Hughes. But, no.....lol

Could have been Dejaun Wagner if not for all the brutal injuries, health problems.

Young Boozer?

Andy?

Mo Williams?

Fat Shaq?

Jamison?

Very slim pickings.

Boozer was the number 2. Getting a third was a chore. Hughes, Mo Williams, it was brutal trying to surround LBJ with appropriate talent. And of course Boozer lied and left. I guess he wanted the money BEFORE he wanted a ring. There just weren't great free agents available during that time. Cavs signed Shaq and were headed for the finals that year when Big Baby Davis busted up Shaq's hand. Intentionally, I think, at the request of Bostons coach Doc Rivers who knew the Eastern Conference went through Cleveland and his team needed the Cavs to be brought down a peg for Boston to surpass them. It worked too.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Look at Pau.

He could have stayed in LA for 10mil per.

But, decided to gamble on Derrick's knees holding up ,took the pay cut , and headed to Chicago.
Rings matter when its all said and done.

Anyone who doesn't believe that should take a look at Barkley's face every time Kenny and Shaq bring them up:pound:

Barkley doesn't care about the rings. The teasing is stupid. Kenny Smith is a marginal player who couldn't whiff Barkleys talent. If Jordan doesn't retire, Houston gets NO TITLES and Smith is barely even a marginal NBA player.

Pau had few choices. The Lakers are glad that he left rather than pay him 10 million for his declining talent.

Titles are nice to have but pale in comparison to the money.

You fans need to get real. I know the ring thing sounds great and all players know that's what they have to say but the reality is the money is way more important.

Do you think Antoine Walker would take 5 million for his ring? Of course he would.

LTCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an okay poster, loves his Cavs and a bit homer-ish but aren't we all?

I'm glad Suge invited him, we had our differences on FN but it's #Newbeginnings....here.

Yeah, I think we are all a bit homerish.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually may visit Ohio in 2015. Saw an episode of Man Vs Food and there's a place (I forgot already, I'll have to look it up) in Columbus that has some awesome food....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley doesn't care about the rings. The teasing is stupid. Kenny Smith is a marginal player who couldn't whiff Barkleys talent. If Jordan doesn't retire, Houston gets NO TITLES and Smith is barely even a marginal NBA player.

Pau had few choices. The Lakers are glad that he left rather than pay him 10 million for his declining talent.

Titles are nice to have but pale in comparison to the money.

You fans need to get real. I know the ring thing sounds great and all players know that's what they have to say but the reality is the money is way more important.

Do you think Antoine Walker would take 5 million for his ring? Of course he would.

Really?

Then how do you explain Miller signing in Ohio?

Despite what you might think, it's not for the Ice Cream and Symphonies.

It's to win rings.

As for Walker....* see mismanaged money horribly and Baby Mama drama.

Last edited by a moderator: