• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont think there is anyway they could exclude Wiggins and get Love unfortunately---- but they shouldnt have to give up much more then that--- like Bennett who palys Love's position and one of their 3 1st rounders i think is reasonable I GUESS

Cavs first round picks don't figure to be very valuable moving forward, and especially if they have Love.
That could be the biggest stickler with the Wolves.
I think they prefer Bennett, Wiggins, and probably Thompson, plus a #1.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaiah Thomas is way too low. He had damn near the same exact numbers as Kyrie but he's 23rd and Kyrie is 6th? I also would have Dragic higher as well

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously the Rondo/Rose placements are based upon injury quite a bit.....those 2 are very tough to rank...

and as much as I like Rubio in some ways- I just couldnt have him cracking the top 20pgs in basketball

And Rubio wants a max.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron should NEVER take less than the max.

He's the best player in the game. It's absurd to even consider taking less than he's worth, especially given what he brings in in revenue.

Building a team around him is his GM and owner's problem, not his. Nobody EVER asks them to take less.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going for best overall.....and I realize not everyone will agree- and I probably homered Kyrie a little-

and after looking at it- the one that really surprised me is how far Deron Williams has fallen- how good Bledsoe is...

If you are talking strictly who you would rather have next year, and assuming all are going to stay healthy, I would take at least 10 of the others below Kyrie over him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe try explaining that to Shane.
He posts like like the players lost were trivial.

When you gut 21M of core roster players, you obviously aren't losing the talent of James individually, but you certainly may weaken your structure to past the point of James being able to elevate them to a championship level.

yah you definitely CAN do that- but the Cavs are lucky in that they have a lot of players on their first contract that are relatively unexpensive

say they Cavs did not get LeBron- I could see something LIKE (like because who really knows)

definitely would have gone after Channing Frye who had a close professional relationship with our GM Griffin- for 8 million

giving Stephenson 9-10 instead of the 7 he got from Charlotte...

and then another guy for like 4-5....

so- something like

PG-Kyrie 7, 1 Delledova
SG- Waiters 5, Harris 1
SF- Stephenson 9, Wiggins6
PF- Thompson 6, Frye 8,
C- Varejao 9, Haywood 2

thats only 54 million right there-- still 9 million under the cap and a long way under the tax line

and thats a pretty solid team
that team I think is a .500 team at least

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are talking strictly who you would rather have next year, and assuming all are going to stay healthy, I would take at least 10 of the others below Kyrie over him.

I think your nuts then. There is a reason why Kyrie has been a 2 time all star at his age

do you know the other guys that have been a 2 time all star at the age of 21?

Kobe, Shaq, Garnett, LeBron, Isiah

end of list.....not terrible company to be in

Kyrie might have the best handle in the NBA, is one of the best 4th qtr performers in the NBA (and already has a ton of game winners), is a great shooter- and basically was asked to become THE MAN for the Cavs right after LeBron, which the pressure of doing that would absolutely crush most young players....but he has thrived.

I really was shocked at how good Kyrie was off the bat considering what he looked like- he looked like a high school kid- honestly- at 19 he came in and played- LeBron, Rose, RW- came in with NBA ready physiques- Kyrie looked like a little kid and absolutely showed no fear and took all that pressure of being LeBrons replacement and thrived.

Now- after phyiscally maturing and being in the league for 3 years he looks 100% completely different and wont have to carry the teams playmaking and scoring on his back.

he is going to be an absolute monster this year

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs first round picks don't figure to be very valuable moving forward, and especially if they have Love.
That could be the biggest stickler with the Wolves.
I think they prefer Bennett, Wiggins, and probably Thompson, plus a #1.

again- the Cavs have potentially 3 first round picks next year

1 from Memphis that is 1-5 protected and then 15-30 protected

1 from Miami that is top 10 protected

while those are amazing picks- one is guaranteed to be a lotto pick when it transfers- and the Heat pick should be a top 20 at worst- those are definitely better then the likely 26-27 pick at best the Cavs own pick would be

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Kyrie been an AS is because Rose/Rondo been hurt the last 2 years and could not make the team. Last year even with those 2 guys injured he didn't deserve to make the team. Wall deserved to start and he was not going to be selected as a reserve

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Kyrie been an AS is because Rose/Rondo been hurt the last 2 years and could not make the team. Last year even with those 2 guys injured he didn't deserve to make the team. Wall deserved to start and he was not going to be selected as a reserve

Yup and I would take wall over kyrie

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

obviously this next list is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY different if you are going on potential----

but if you are going STRICTLY on contributions and skill and health and games played from the 2013-2014 season from the two teams- it would go something like

1. Kyrie
2. Wall
3. Beal
4. Gortat
5. Waiters
6. Ariza

and good God man- you want to talk about the All-Star game 2 years ago when Kyrie was chosen as a reserve by the coaches while Wall- the same season where Wall had a serious injury- that cased him to miss 30+ games

Kyrie- 22.5 ppg 5.9 apg 3.7 rpp .45% FGA .39% 3 pt 86%FT 59 games started
Wall- 18.5 ppg 7.6 apg 4.0 rpg .44% FGA .27% 3 pt 80%% FT 42 games started

and IF the Cavs were in it and not tanking by the end of the year there is no way Kyrie sits as many games as he did- its something people conveiently ignore when calling kyrie injury prone- his first 2 years the Cavs babied him when he got a hang nail to A. protect him since hes the franchise and B. had no reason to rush him back when they were trying to rebuild and get him a couple running mates

last year

Kyrie- 20.8 ppg 6.1 apg 3.6 rpb .43%fga .36% 3 pt avg. 86% FT 71 games started
Wall- 19.3 ppg 8.8 apg 4.3 rpg .43% fga .35% 3pt avg. 80% FT 82 games started

Wall obviously had the better year last year--- but out of the 6 best players on both teams- 4 were easily on the Wizards- with Waiters- who was a bench player most of last year the only one on the Cavs---now obviously as guys like TT, Bennett, Wiggins, improve- and as Varejao didnt get screwed by developing a blood clot after getting a procedure that kept him out 4 months instead of 4-6 weeks- thinks will be different

but make no mistake- Kyrie - in his 2nd year at the age of 20 whoope Walls ass when being named a reserve 2 years ago on teams where they had similar talent before the Wiz got Gortat and Ariza

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I cant wait to see the Wall/Kyrie battle this year

Wall is the better athlete- is a better defender, rebounder

Kyrie has the better handle, is a better shooter, has a better basketball IQ, is more clutch, and finishes at the rim better

passing ability is pretty even in my opinion- and now that Kyrie has talent (both because of guys being brought in and because of guys developing) his assist should go up "a la" RW on OKC at about this stage in his career

if you are asking me to pick one guy for either taking the last shot down by 1 with 3 seconds left- or one guy to lead your team to victory in a game 7- i take Kyrie EASILY

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie- at the age of 22 already has a ton of game winners and is one of the most clutch 4 qtr players in the league

2 game winners against Dallas
1 against Toronto
1 against Charlotte
1 against Boston
1 against OKC
1 against Philly

and those are only the ones i remember off the top of my head--- the OKC game is I think his most
imprressive

from ESPN's twitter account:

ESPN Stats & Info ✔ @ESPNStatsInfo
Follow
Nobody has more game-tying/go-ahead FG in the final 5 seconds than Kyrie Irving since he entered the NBA. (Joe Johnson also has 6)
10:59 PM - 9 Nov 2013

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie had a negative RPM and RAPM cause of the defense. Negative 1.39 I think overall

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie had a negative RPM and RAPM cause of the defense. Negative 1.39 I think overall

hey i admit that he needs to work on his defense- and i think we should see some major growth for him in that this year for a bunch of reasons

A. he wont have to be relied on as the teams best playmaker and scorer all the time
B. the defense around him should be better with Bron back, Wiggins in the fold and Varejao back from his injury (that shouldve been 4-6 weeks last year and ended his season after a bad luck blood clot developed)
C. he is phyiscally more mature- he came into the league as a skinny little 19 year old kid- and now after 3 years got in the weight room and matured physically-
D. he has better coaching now- for whatever reason him and mike brown did not see eye to eye

and like i also said earlier- its not like there are many PGs in teh NBA that play a heckuva lot of lock down D

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semi final match ups are posted. Please vote on all 3 match ups. Thanks for voting everyone.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why he thrives in all star games and has padded his stats in meaningless minutes of garbage time in regular season games.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your nuts then. There is a reason why Kyrie has been a 2 time all star at his age

do you know the other guys that have been a 2 time all star at the age of 21?

Kobe, Shaq, Garnett, LeBron, Isiah

end of list.....not terrible company to be in

Kyrie might have the best handle in the NBA, is one of the best 4th qtr performers in the NBA (and already has a ton of game winners), is a great shooter- and basically was asked to become THE MAN for the Cavs right after LeBron, which the pressure of doing that would absolutely crush most young players....but he has thrived.

I really was shocked at how good Kyrie was off the bat considering what he looked like- he looked like a high school kid- honestly- at 19 he came in and played- LeBron, Rose, RW- came in with NBA ready physiques- Kyrie looked like a little kid and absolutely showed no fear and took all that pressure of being LeBrons replacement and thrived.

Now- after phyiscally maturing and being in the league for 3 years he looks 100% completely different and wont have to carry the teams playmaking and scoring on his back.

he is going to be an absolute monster this year

If he puts up big numbers because teams are doubling James, and/ or trying to account for Love, and the 3 point shooters, etc... that makes him a " monster"?

Chalmers was the starting PG in a similar situation and won 2 rings, does that make him a monster?

Question for you, last 6 minutes of a close game..who is the primary ball handler, Irving or James?

Another question, the East was viewed as pretty horrible last year but yet the Kyrie lead Cavs failed to make the playoffs....even after basically going all in by adding Hawes/Deng? Why?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm nuts?
Here's the next 12 on your list.
While by no means would it be lopsided, one could easily argue the merits of wanting any of those players ( maybe not Williams) over Kyrie if were talking next year, and assuming all are healthy.

7. John Wall
8. Eric Bledsoe
9. Rajon Rondo
10. Derrick Rose
11. Klye Lowery
12. Goran Dragic
13. Michael Conley
14. Ty Lawson
15. Jrue Holliday
16. Deron Williams
17. Jeff Teague
18. Kemba Walker