• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe try explaining that to Shane.
He posts like like the players lost were trivial.

When you gut 21M of core roster players, you obviously aren't losing the talent of James individually, but you certainly may weaken your structure to past the point of James being able to elevate them to a championship level.

For at least the next 2 seasons, that is going to be the problem for players who want max deals. They may get their money, but it may end up like 'Melo going to the Knicks. Thinks he's going to a potential contender, only to find that the Knicks had to get rid of some of the players that made them a potential contender to be able to afford him.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woo'ing any of the SportsHoopla ladies with your profile pic?

:noidea:
LMFAO!!! Are you kidding me? There is a reason that I don't have any mirrors in my house.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
For at least the next 2 seasons, that is going to be the problem for players who want max deals. They may get their money, but it may end up like 'Melo going to the Knicks. Thinks he's going to a potential contender, only to find that the Knicks had to get rid of some of the players that made them a potential contender to be able to afford him.
True..Most of the owners particularly led by Gilbert molded the new CBA to avoid a super team. Now, it happens anyway but you have teams that are deep and teams that are more talented but less deep. The funny part is that Gilbert will now need to argue differently during the next CBA.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,339.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah you definitely CAN do that- but the Cavs are lucky in that they have a lot of players on their first contract that are relatively unexpensive

say they Cavs did not get LeBron- I could see something LIKE (like because who really knows)

definitely would have gone after Channing Frye who had a close professional relationship with our GM Griffin- for 8 million

giving Stephenson 9-10 instead of the 7 he got from Charlotte...

and then another guy for like 4-5....

so- something like

PG-Kyrie 7, 1 Delledova
SG- Waiters 5, Harris 1
SF- Stephenson 9, Wiggins6
PF- Thompson 6, Frye 8,
C- Varejao 9, Haywood 2

thats only 54 million right there-- still 9 million under the cap and a long way under the tax line

and thats a pretty solid team
that team I think is a .500 team at least

Stephenson signed for 3 years & 27 million.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding? There is no Wiggins in this deal. The T-Wolves are in complete rebuild mode. Bennett, Waiters and 3 first round picks (likely late ones) and no Wiggins is a huge win for Cleveland. People will be thinking conspiracy by the NBA for sure. LOL

I've already been leaning that way given their draft lottery success in the last 4 years. If that is the trade that is pulled, I would certainly be left in amazement.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think of it in the context of other guys that have been traded in a similar situation and then you realize they are actually getting a lot

nevermind- ithought waiters was wiggins

yah- i dont think that deal is possible without wiggins...my bad

If the Cavs dont give up Wiggins i see the Twolves taking it to the trade deadline- however- if that ends up being true i wont be that upset :hope:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True..Most of the owners particularly led by Gilbert molded the new CBA to avoid a super team. Now, it happens anyway but you have teams that are deep and teams that are more talented but less deep. The funny part is that Gilbert will now need to argue differently during the next CBA.

Gilbert doesnt need to argue differently as long as he is ready to REALLY REALLY open up his checkbook like the mad-Russian has...

If he is willing to pay 40-50 in lux. tax then he can still be consistent with the CBA he pushed for.....

plus- with how high the salary cap is going to climb in the next few years since its tied to revenue- if hecan get Love signed up quick before the next TV contract - and with Kyrie signed up- those contracts will be less of a % of the cap (the same argument has been made with deals for Heyward and other guys)

but yah- i definitely do get what you are saying

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding? There is no Wiggins in this deal. The T-Wolves are in complete rebuild mode. Bennett, Waiters and 3 first round picks (likely late ones) and no Wiggins is a huge win for Cleveland. People will be thinking conspiracy by the NBA for sure. LOL

and again

the 2 first rounders that the Cavs own fromdifferent teams will be in their- its just not their own first rounders- in next years draft they own 3 first rounders

1st rounder from Miami that is top 10 protected

1st rounder from Memphis that is 1-5 protected (for the good of Memphis),and 15-30 protected (for the good of the Cavs)-- obviously who knows when this one will transfer since Memphis has to be between 6-14- but the protections become less as time goes on

We did use a Sac. first rounder in that Deng deal that could be useful now- Deng looked old and beatup and injury prone for the Cavs- Thibs really ran that guy into the ground- but that Sac. 1st rounder may never transfer- its top 10 protected for like 1 or 2 more years and then just becomes a 2nd rounder if not transferred.....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's awesome! They can't wait 30 days I guess. :laugh3:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny isn't trading Love for that offer, and might not trade him at all.

I keep telling you guys this - Flip DOES NOT BELIEVE Minny is in rebuild mode. Neither does the owner.

As long as that is the case, they have no reason to move Love. They believe they can WIN NOW. So they will be looking for pieces that allow them to do that, not a rebuild

And they damned sure aren't trading him to Cleveland without Wiggins in the deal. All this rampant speculation is pointless.

If they WERE to make that crappy deal, you KNOW there is a conspiracy.....it's too obvious.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny isn't trading Love for that offer, and might not trade him at all.

I keep telling you guys this - Flip DOES NOT BELIEVE Minny is in rebuild mode. Neither does the owner.

As long as that is the case, they have no reason to move Love. They believe they can WIN NOW. So they will be looking for pieces that allow them to do that, not a rebuild

And they damned sure aren't trading him to Cleveland without Wiggins in the deal. All this rampant speculation is pointless.

If they WERE to make that crappy deal, you KNOW there is a conspiracy.....it's too obvious.

a conspiracy? cmon man- a conspiracy to make Cleveland the toast of the league? ...dude....

and like i said- for a guy on a 1 year deal that is obviously NOT going to re-sign the team trading always get like .50 cents on the dollar when making this type of deal since they have no leverage- ESPECIALLY if the rumors are true and Love has said he will only sign an extension with the Cavs- that cuts the legs out from under the Twolves big time-

having said that- I dont believe they can get Love without giving up Wiggins- i wont believe it till i see it--not that i dont hope its true ...lol....i mean- can u even imagine if it was LeBron/Love/Kyrie/Wiggins????
PG- Kyrie
SG- Wiggins
SF- LeBron
PF- Love
C- Varejao

i mean- there would be no doubt its a finals team- and i cant imagine them not being the big time favorite to win it all

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
a conspiracy? cmon man- a conspiracy to make Cleveland the toast of the league? ...dude....

and like i said- for a guy on a 1 year deal that is obviously NOT going to re-sign the team trading always get like .50 cents on the dollar when making this type of deal since they have no leverage- ESPECIALLY if the rumors are true and Love has said he will only sign an extension with the Cavs- that cuts the legs out from under the Twolves big time-

having said that- I dont believe they can get Love without giving up Wiggins- i wont believe it till i see it--not that i dont hope its true ...lol....i mean- can u even imagine if it was LeBron/Love/Kyrie/Wiggins????
PG- Kyrie
SG- Wiggins
SF- LeBron
PF- Love
C- Varejao

i mean- there would be no doubt its a finals team- and i cant imagine them not being the big time favorite to win it all
The Spurs might have something to say about that....

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, a conspiracy......

That trade is the WORST of every proposed trade on the table for Minny. If you actually believe Love will ONLY resign with Cleveland, there's not much to tell you outside of I have some oceanfront property for sale in North Dakota.....interested?

Minny has plenty of options......Love has already said he'd resign with GS. He'd most likely resign in Chicago too.

To force any GM to take a really bad deal reeks of a setup, plain and simple.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, a conspiracy......

That trade is the WORST of every proposed trade on the table for Minny. If you actually believe Love will ONLY resign with Cleveland, there's not much to tell you outside of I have some oceanfront property for sale in North Dakota.....interested?

Minny has plenty of options......Love has already said he'd resign with GS. He'd most likely resign in Chicago too.

To force any GM to take a really bad deal reeks of a setup, plain and simple.

Sir,

Why would i think that Love would only resign in Cleveland? i have nobody i talk to in high level ranking NBA positions

I can only go by what I hear from journalists that I trust and one's that have been right in the past- and one's that a history or leaning towards the conservative side of reporting things from sources that wish to remain anonymous

and from those reporters i have heard that Love has told Minnesota that he wants to be traded to Cleveland and thats the place he would sign an extension

As with a few months ago when everyone ridiculed me for even bringing up LeBron coming back to Cleveland- i said the same thing- this is not my opinion- this is the reporting being done by credible reporters that i trust that err on the conservative side of reporting such news and would not say anything unless they had substantiated sources.