• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't you the Miami fan who didn't want them to bring back Chalmers?

Chalmers is the official whipping boy of the Heat and their fans. They love him in the off-season and when the Heat are winning.

If the Heat have a losing streak of more than 2 games, Heat fans will be on here wanting the Heat to trade him for Jeremy Lin and a half eaten chocolate chip cookie.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you were right about Beasley.

Alex Kennedy: Several teams have expressed interest in free agent Michael Beasley. Teams like the efficiency and maturity he showed last season in Miami. Michael Beasley is currently training in LA with Kevin Durant. Lakers could make sense for Beasley. He'd be a good fit to fill out roster.

I wouldn't hate the idea of the Lakers bringing him in on a vet minimum.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Chalmers is the official whipping boy of the Heat and their fans. They love him in the off-season and when the Heat are winning.

If the Heat have a losing streak of more than 2 games, Heat fans will be on here wanting the Heat to trade him for Jeremy Lin and a half eaten chocolate chip cookie.
He is incredibly inconsistent. Can be very good and very bad but he has won. Frustrating player, but bigger time player than Lin. That's all we were saying. If Beasley goes to LA, Kobe ends up punching him...LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is incredibly inconsistent. Can be very good and very bad but he has won. Frustrating player, but bigger time player than Lin. That's all we were saying. If Beasley goes to LA, Kobe ends up punching him...LOL.

there are so many good pg's in the league nowadays....

the Heat are not going to be able to neglect the position for that much longer- and the next person that criticizes Kyrie's defense needs to realize a few things- A. he was 21 for most of last year B. he was by far the teams best playmaker and scorer and used most of his energy there C. he came into the league as a pretty small guy- he was no LeBron or even Rose or RW....but after a few years of NBA weight training and just physical maturation he is definitely bigger and stronger and faster then he was at 19

and D.

How many point guards in the NBA are actually good defenders? with how the rules are--- NOT THAT MANY

1. CP3
2. Tony Parker
3. Russel Westbrook
4. Stephen Curry
5. Damian Lillard
6. Kyrie Irving
7. John Wall
8. Eric Bledsoe
9. Rajon Rondo
10. Derrick Rose
11. Klye Lowery
12. Goran Dragic
13. Michael Conley
14. Ty Lawson
15. Jrue Holliday
16. Deron Williams
17. Jeff Teague
18. Kemba Walker
19 Patrick Beverley
20. Brandon Jennings
21. Ricky Rubio
22. George Hill
23. Isiah Thomas
24. Steve Nash
25. Jose Calderon
26. J. Lin
27. MCW
28. Brandon Knight
29. Darren Collison
30. Jameer Nelson
31. Mario Chalmers
32. Ray Felton
33. Sean Livingston
34. Jarret Jack
35. Dante Exum
36. Trey Burke

and no- the Orlando Magic DO NOT have a guy on this list.....and ....if any non-biased Miami fans have a problem where I ranked Chalmers I would be highly surprised

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't you the Miami fan who didn't want them to bring back Chalmers?

That was me actually. I was just poking fun at Lin, but this was the result....

fB19z.gif

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

the only salaries that are on the books for the Cavs next year that are not team controlled are Kyrie and LeBron- thats it

the salary cap is about 63 M this year- and should probably be about 66-67M next year....

Kyrie is at 18 and LeBron at 21......PLUS - if LeBron really wanted to he could opt out and get a little more (or less if he wanted too)

so-theoritcally you could get Love as a FA- but it would mean renouncing rights to guys like Waiters/Thompson and basically not having much depth on the team at all---

however- The Brendan Haywood contract is 10.5 m and unguaranteed and a team option next summer since his amnestied years end- and they didnt include his option year----

So- unless the Twolves trade KLove elsewhere- next summer the Cavs have the Haywood Expring and 3 first rounders- and could trade say something like Bennett, Haywood expring and 2 first rounders just in a sign and trade for Love

and from what i have read from sources i trust si that LeBron has had a lot of contact with Love and he has his heart set on playing here- and really- if Love came here and the Cavs only gave up Wiggins- plus Bennett who plays Love's position - they would solid shape

Look a few pages back as I posted the salaries the Cavs on the books for 2015/2016.. You actually have some rookie salaries (high picks) like Thompson, Wiggins, and Bennett on the books. But, Lebron does have that opt out for his 2nd year. So, if he's willing to sacrifice a bit to get Love coming in on the max then I don't see why it couldn't happen.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are so many good pg's in the league nowadays....

the Heat are not going to be able to neglect the position for that much longer- and the next person that criticizes Kyrie's defense needs to realize a few things- A. he was 21 for most of last year B. he was by far the teams best playmaker and scorer and used most of his energy there C. he came into the league as a pretty small guy- he was no LeBron or even Rose or RW....but after a few years of NBA weight training and just physical maturation he is definitely bigger and stronger and faster then he was at 19

and D.

How many point guards in the NBA are actually good defenders? with how the rules are--- NOT THAT MANY

1. CP3
2. Tony Parker
3. Russel Westbrook
4. Stephen Curry
5. Damian Lillard
6. Kyrie Irving
7. John Wall
8. Eric Bledsoe
9. Rajon Rondo
10. Derrick Rose
11. Klye Lowery
12. Goran Dragic
13. Michael Conley
14. Ty Lawson
15. Jrue Holliday
16. Deron Williams
17. Jeff Teague
18. Kemba Walker
19 Patrick Beverley
20. Brandon Jennings
21. Ricky Rubio
22. George Hill
23. Isiah Thomas
24. Steve Nash
25. Jose Calderon
26. J. Lin
27. MCW
28. Brandon Knight
29. Darren Collison
30. Jameer Nelson
31. Mario Chalmers
32. Ray Felton
33. Sean Livingston
34. Jarret Jack
35. Dante Exum
36. Trey Burke

and no- the Orlando Magic DO NOT have a guy on this list.....and ....if any non-biased Miami fans have a problem where I ranked Chalmers I would be highly surprised

Chalmers isn't the best defender. But I wouldn't have put him below Lin. Lin's not great at all. How do you have Sean Livingston so low??????

Is that a listing of PGs as it relates to defense?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: 46% is streaky?

James is the centerpiece, duh. Nobody is winning without him. Deng and Hawes were just roles players, you can replace them, they aren't needed especially for the money.

Trust me, I know very well what Mike is capable of...
Anyway, here's your roster as of today.
Obviously having the best player in the world makes it easier for the others, but if you look at that roster top to bottom without James, it would be one of the worst rosters in the league.
Yes, Jack, Zeller, Hawes, Deng etc... aren't individual difference makers, but when only have a 12 man roster and you gut 4 rotation players you have greatly weakened your depth.

Depth Charts
All Positions
Pos Role Name
PG 1 Kyrie Irving
2 Matthew Dellavedova
3 John Lucas
SG 1 Dion Waiters
2 Mike Miller
3 James Jones
4 Joe Harris
SF 1 LeBron James
2 Andrew Wiggins
PF 1 Tristan Thompson
2 Anthony Bennett
3 Erik Murphy
4 Dwight Powell
5 Shane Edwards
6 Malcolm Thomas
C 1 Anderson Varejao
2 Brendan Haywood

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look a few pages back as I posted the salaries the Cavs on the books for 2015/2016.. You actually have some rookie salaries (high picks) like Thompson, Wiggins, and Bennett on the books. But, Lebron does have that opt out for his 2nd year. So, if he's willing to sacrifice a bit to get Love coming in on the max then I don't see why it couldn't happen.

James has said that he wants max money. Period.

I understand what he says can change with the blowing of the wind.

If he opts out next year and takes a reduced salary after refusing to do so this year I might have to label him as one of the biggest douches of all time.

His ' brothers' Wade/Bosh stepped up to plate to do everything in their power to try to keep their Finals run going as the Big 3. James balked at the idea of playing for less the max.
How could he possibly justify taking less to play with Love?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly man----thank you for putting my point more eloquently and using a good example-

now- if the Cavs try and play toooo much hard ball the Twolves could say stick it- but as long as Wiggins is in the deal the Twolves cannot turn it down is pretty much how i see it

I thought you were excluding Wiggins.

Push come to shove, the Wolves could make a legit argument to their fans if they got Wiggins + other assets in return.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
James has said that he wants max money. Period.

I understand what he says can change with the blowing of the wind.

If he opts out next year and takes a reduced salary after refusing to do so this year I might have to label him as one of the biggest douches of all time.

His ' brothers' Wade/Bosh stepped up to plate to do everything in their power to try to keep their Finals run going as the Big 3. James balked at the idea of playing for less the max.
How could he possibly justify taking less to play with Love?
He can do whatever he wants, and Bosh ended up making out quite well. Lebron is a good dude, but honestly as far as basketball and business he does whatever it takes to make more money (he is a good business man) and to do whatever it takes to win and that will be in Cleveland until he retires.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, I know very well what Mike is capable of...
Anyway, here's your roster as of today.
Obviously having the best player in the world makes it easier for the others, but if you look at that roster top to bottom without James, it would be one of the worst rosters in the league.
Yes, Jack, Zeller, Hawes, Deng etc... aren't individual difference makers, but when only have a 12 man roster and you gut 4 rotation players you have greatly weakened your depth.

Depth Charts
All Positions
Pos Role Name
PG 1 Kyrie Irving
2 Matthew Dellavedova
3 John Lucas
SG 1 Dion Waiters
2 Mike Miller
3 James Jones
4 Joe Harris
SF 1 LeBron James
2 Andrew Wiggins
PF 1 Tristan Thompson
2 Anthony Bennett
3 Erik Murphy
4 Dwight Powell
5 Shane Edwards
6 Malcolm Thomas
C 1 Anderson Varejao
2 Brendan Haywood

Well OBVIOUSLY if they did not make cap space for LeBron they would have put that to good use by either resigning guys or getting different guys. LeBron makes about 21M a year- that would have gone to other players obviously

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were excluding Wiggins.

Push come to shove, the Wolves could make a legit argument to their fans if they got Wiggins + other assets in return.

I really dont think there is anyway they could exclude Wiggins and get Love unfortunately---- but they shouldnt have to give up much more then that--- like Bennett who palys Love's position and one of their 3 1st rounders i think is reasonable I GUESS

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that a list of best defensive PGs or best overall PGs? Either way I strongly agree with your list

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that a list of best defensive PGs or best overall PGs? Either way I strongly agree with your list

I was going for best overall.....and I realize not everyone will agree- and I probably homered Kyrie a little-

and after looking at it- the one that really surprised me is how far Deron Williams has fallen- how good Bledsoe is...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well OBVIOUSLY if they did not make cap space for LeBron they would have put that to good use by either resigning guys or getting different guys. LeBron makes about 21M a year- that would have gone to other players obviously

Maybe try explaining that to Shane.
He posts like like the players lost were trivial.

When you gut 21M of core roster players, you obviously aren't losing the talent of James individually, but you certainly may weaken your structure to past the point of James being able to elevate them to a championship level.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

obviously the Rondo/Rose placements are based upon injury quite a bit.....those 2 are very tough to rank...

and as much as I like Rubio in some ways- I just couldnt have him cracking the top 20pgs in basketball