• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When my daughter was younger, I used to take her to Sparks games. A lot more fun than I expected. Lisa Leslie was her favorite player.

Yep.

It's still a lot of fun.

My eldest daughters name is Leslie.

So, you know she had to have that jersey :L.

My youngest loves Candace Parker.

Not because she's a baller. But, because she's pretty :doh:.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

It's still a lot of fun.

My eldest daughters name is Leslie.

So, you know she had to have that jersey :L.

My youngest loves Candace Parker.

Not because she's a baller. But, because she's pretty :doh:.

Gotta admit, I like that about her too. :becky:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have to agree with Russ on this one.

If Kevin Love has given off the vibe that he will only sign long-term with the Cavs, then Cleveland doesn't have to offer shit. Lebron said it himself, building a title team takes time and chemistry. He won't be blasted if the Cavs fall short of a title this upcoming season.

If in the next 5 years, Cleveland happens to win a title or two, then Lebron's career is a success and the story book ending in the eyes of many came to fruition. Lebron's a smart man and he'd most certainly take the chance of Love leaving the next season for nothing while the Cavs get to hold onto Wiggins who may or may not be a top 5 NBA player in the league once he hits his prime.

This was the same thing that happened to Orlando with Dwight. Teams knew he was only going to extend in a few locations which brought down his value, because teams like the Lakers and Nets knew they didn't have to contend in getting his services.

Aren't the reports that he'll only sign long term this with the Cavs?
I think if he hits FA, he'll take the tour and then decide whatever.

What James said , actually what was written for James, in that letter is nonsense about not needing/hoping/wanting to win now.

1. I'd love to hear that pitch to Allen, Jones, and Miller. Did he say, " hey, how about uprooting your families and join me in the wonderland known as Cleveland. I'm not looking to realistically win for a couple years, when you are retired, but I'd love you to come now because I really enjoy having you around"?

2. I agree, the Cavs should offer as little as possible and hope the Wolves cave in. I just don't think they will.
You cannot trade a player with the perceived high value of Love and get nothing of near equal value in return.
If makes your team shitty for another X amount of years, and it pisses off the fans who are already tired of watching these players shit on them.

3. Aren't the Cavs in a bit of a catch 22? Don't they need to sign a player with that high of a contract this year, before Kyries max kicks in next year?
If that's the case,don't the Cavs really lose all or most of there leverage.

In other words, could they even create the cap space to sign Love as a max FA next summer?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't the reports that he'll only sign long term this with the Cavs?
I think if he hits FA, he'll take the tour and then decide whatever.

What James said , actually what was written for James, in that letter is nonsense about not needing/hoping/wanting to win now.

1. I'd love to hear that pitch to Allen, Jones, and Miller. Did he say, " hey, how about uprooting your families and join me in the wonderland known as Cleveland. I'm not looking to realistically win for a couple years, when you are retired, but I'd love you to come now because I really enjoy having you around"?

2. I agree, the Cavs should offer as little as possible and hope the Wolves cave in. I just don't think they will.
You cannot trade a player with the perceived high value of Love and get nothing of near equal value in return.
If makes your team shitty for another X amount of years, and it pisses off the fans who are already tired of watching these players shit on them.

3. Aren't the Cavs in a bit of a catch 22? Don't they need to sign a player with that high of a contract this year, before Kyries max kicks in next year?
If that's the case,don't the Cavs really lose all or most of there leverage.

In other words, could they even create the cap space to sign Love as a max FA next summer?

It's going to be tricky for them.

HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Cleveland Cavaliers

Kyrie Irving will probably be set to make about $15 mil in his first year on his max contract. The Cavs will likely be set around $42 mil with about $20 mil left on the cap. So in theory they could sign Love pretty damn close to the max, if not the max. However, Mike Miller's two year salary is not listed.

It'll be a gamble for sure. But it will then come down to if Love wants to win or if he wants to get paid. So far, it looks like winning is something he's more interested in considering the bitch fit that he's been throwing in Minny for years.

But Flip Saunders will get crucified if he lets Kevin Love without getting any returnable assets. Which is why Kevin Love is almost a Cav without being a Cav.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be tricky for them.

HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Cleveland Cavaliers

Kyrie Irving will probably be set to make about $15 mil in his first year on his max contract. The Cavs will likely be set around $42 mil with about $20 mil left on the cap. So in theory they could sign Love pretty damn close to the max, if not the max. However, Mike Miller's two year salary is not listed.

It'll be a gamble for sure. But it will then come down to if Love wants to win or if he wants to get paid. So far, it looks like winning is something he's more interested in considering the bitch fit that he's been throwing in Minny for years.

But Flip Saunders will get crucified if he lets Kevin Love without getting any returnable assets. Which is why Kevin Love is almost a Cav without being a Cav.

I don't know about that. Part of his bitch fit has been because the owner said that he didn't consider Love a max player.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. Part of his bitch fit has been because the owner said that he didn't consider Love a max player.

He will take a max in:
1. L.A or
2. NY
Before he will play for a discount in Ohio, when fricking Kyrie is getting a max there.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will take a max in:
1. L.A or
2. NY
Before he will play for a discount in Ohio, when fricking Kyrie is getting a max there.

Yeah. Looking at it now. Love to the Knicks next offseason could be a possibility considering Phil, in his limited time there has shown competency and it's NY of all places.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Looking at it now. Love to the Knicks next offseason could be a possibility considering Phil, in his limited time there has shown competency and it's NY of all places.

That's why I keep trying to point out that if the Cavs want Love, they need to quit low balling and make a decision.

I think the problem is, that it is the Cavs, and they are confident that they will make the wrong decision.

They are much better at just sucking and taking advantage of the luck system.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hairston, almost for sure IMO.
A young backup for Wade would have been priority over a 3 rd PG.

No doubt. I think the Heat draft Early or Hairston if they knew Lebron was leaving.

I also think they use the MLE on someone else instead of McRoberts. They probably still would've went Granger because he was a low risk/high reward type of signing

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. I think the Heat draft Early or Hairston if they knew Lebron was leaving.

I also think they use the MLE on someone else instead of McRoberts. They probably still would've went Granger because he was a low risk/high reward type of signing

Who instead of McRoberts?

I didn't study who signed for what he did, but he seems like a decent value based on what some other FA got.

We needed to get a bit scrappier/younger.
I wasn't a big fan if his originally, but he's caught my eye the last couple of seasons.
I wasn't upset at all when I heard they were targeting him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, if he hits free agency, it's almost guaranteed it'll be the Knicks or Lakers. He has said before that he wants to play for the Lakers, but NY can be very enticing for a young guy with a boatload of money. Also, he'd be crazy to not at least strongly consider an organization that Phil is running.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't study who signed for what he did, but he seems like a decent value based on what some other FA got.

I wasn't a big fan if his originally, but he's caught my eye the last couple of seasons.

It just occurred to me that if the Lakers and Heat play on Christmas again this year, the Lakers might have a chance to win.

:hammer:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spencer Hawes I assume

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Shabazz has he has good potential as a PG. The Heat haven't had a starting quality PG in quite some time, and I think Shabazz could be that guy. I also like what Ennis brings as a combo 2/3. He's certainly a good scorer, just needs to work on his defense.