• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at total plus/minus ranks for Beasley. He was 401. Not just plus/minus in points but considering offensive and defensive efficiency for 2013-2014. Lebron was 1. The funny party was that Kyrie was below Beasley.

Beasley was welcomed and he did well early but lost focus down the end and was as much of a liability as an asset.

Stats like that can sometimes be tricky to use as true evaluation, as your Kyrie point shows.

You can got the other way and look at PER at his position where he ranked very high.

I'm find with not resigning him if he was any type of distraction, which he wasn't, or if there were better minimum salary players available, which I don't believe there are.

Maybe just maybe the Heat want him to sign for the minimum this year, but he won't unless he gets escalating longer contract?

Like others pointed out here, less talented players are getting 4-6M.
I'm pretty sure some time would at least invest 3 yr 9-10M, no?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite familiar with his failures in Minnesota and Phoenix, but that has nothing to do with how engaged he was here last year, or what his current mindset is today.
He's been a model citizen both on and off the court.

As far as Spoelstra being all over the place and not playing him, yes, it's true.
I'll bet, though, if Spoelstra had a do over card, he would do it differently.

People locally and nationally were questioning why he wasn't playing.

While I feel Spoelstra is very smart X and O wise, he's stubborn beyond belief in as far as believing that what he thinks will work, when sometimes it's beyond obvious that it won't.

You could be right :noidea:.

As a fan, I'm sure you saw way more Heat games than I did.

But, as a person who got a first hand view of what's left of Danny Grangers game, it says something to me that they preferred to sign him over a more talented Beasley.

Granger is good for 15-20 minutes a game and I guess that's all you need since he's playing behind Deng.

Danny seems like a classy pro. But, he will go the way of Brandon Roy this Season or the next.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sam Amico is not an irresponsible journalist. If he is reporting it - then it has legs. Love requesting a trade to the Cavs gives the Cavs a little more leverage which is nice

I mean- i dont think it by any means suggests they wont have to give up Wiggins- but- Wiggins, Bennett and a 1st rounder i think is MORE than fair for Minnesota- especially considering normally teams dealing disgurntled super-stars that are threatening to leave get a lot less than that
A little more leverage but not much. The Wolves have some decent offers on the table.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Pat Riley should continue on with the project called Greg Oden. From what I saw of him last year when he did get to play precious few minutes, he was an asset to the Heat in his expected role. He blocked a couple of shots during the play-offs and I liked his defense. He could be brought back at the league minimum and I think he would begin to recover his career. If Riles has given up on him, I think perhaps the Lakers should give him a try-out.

I wonder if Andre Blatche is really a headcase like some claim.

It's mind-boggling that he hasn't been signed yet either.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Pat Riley should continue on with the project called Greg Oden. From what I saw of him last year when he did get to play precious few minutes, he was an asset to the Heat in his expected role. He blocked a couple of shots during the play-offs and I liked his defense. He could be brought back at the league minimum and I think he would begin to recover his career. If Riles has given up on him, I think perhaps the Lakers should give him a try-out.

Agree.
Both Oden and Beasley should be here if they'll take the minimum.

I think Oden wants ' guaranteed' playing time, which could be the tricky part.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He was really bad against quality big men in the few minutes he got against them. Hibbert tore him up. We were only going to play him against those teams, so what is the point.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right :noidea:.

As a fan, I'm sure you saw way more Heat games than I did.

But, as a person who got a first hand view of what's left of Danny Grangers game, it says something to me that they preferred to sign him over a more talented Beasley.

Granger is good for 15-20 minutes a game and I guess that's all you need since he's playing behind Deng.

Danny seems like a classy pro. But, he will go the way of Brandon Roy this Season or the next.

As far as Granger, I think Riley made that move anticipating James being here.
Same with Shabazz.

For a couple M though, it is pretty much a low risk, short term move.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether that's true or not, that is how it should publicly put out there.

He would have to be a moron to say he only wants to play for the Cavs.

By doing so, he would drive the Wolves bargaining power sky high, which would weaken the roster of the team he's hoping to go to.

dude- it does the EXACT opposite-

instead of having teams competing with eachother for him- only one team is in the game and can to acertain extent dictate the price- because the alternative is they lose him for nothing

Love coming out and saying i will only sign an extension for Cleveland - helps the Cavs a ton and hurts the Twolves a ton- that is fairly simple to see

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was really bad against quality big men in the few minutes he got against them. Hibbert tore him up. We were only going to play him against those teams, so what is the point.

Tough call, but since we will be a much more traditional offense, he might be needed more.

One thing for sure, the Heat learned a lot about him last year.

Like I said earlier, I'm not sure if they just don't want him vs not wanting to promise him something that they might not want to honor.

No player with his history should demand minutes.
If he's healthy and effective, there would be no reason he wouldn't get them.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Granger, I think Riley made that move anticipating James being here.
Same with Shabazz.

For a couple M though, it is pretty much a low risk, short term move.

Yeah, his signing makes more sense if they did it with Lebron in mind.

Both he or Deng would get the Lions share of minutes anyway.

So, Granger only hurts you if the starter gets injured.
Is his 2nd year guaranteed?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite familiar with his failures in Minnesota and Phoenix, but that has nothing to do with how engaged he was here last year, or what his current mindset is today.
He's been a model citizen both on and off the court.

As far as Spoelstra being all over the place and not playing him, yes, it's true.
I'll bet, though, if Spoelstra had a do over card, he would do it differently.

People locally and nationally were questioning why he wasn't playing.

While I feel Spoelstra is very smart X and O wise, he's stubborn beyond belief in as far as believing that what he thinks will work, when sometimes it's beyond obvious that it won't.

Spo has shown to be stubborn in his ways which is one of the main knocks I have against him as a coach.

However, what he and his staff see in Beasley is more then what we, or other analysts see. I remember hearing about a lack of focus about Beasley before and wasn't surprised to hear it again. That's why I wasn't so irate with Spo regarding Beasley as some were. It's great having an offensive weapon on the bench. But not playing defense, as well as not understanding the defensive rotation system that Miami implements is a huge hindrance.

Miami lost because of defense. Beasley wasn't going to fix that. Miami never found that rhythm during the regular season and feasted off sub-par competition on the way to the Finals where they never really got tested defensively until they ran into the Spurs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That place smells worse than Cleveland!:clap:

Tribe is so on-again off-again...they look awesome for 2 weeks and then fall flat on their face for two weeks

I do have to say they have the makings of a very good young pitching staff though---- Kluber, Bauer, Salazar has the potential to be a very good rotation for a while--- and CHEAP since they are all under the Indians control for a while-

also in the bullpen with Allen closing and Carrasco setting up they have 2 very good young cheap arms that should be there a while-

on the infield between Kipnis, Chiz, soon to be Lindor- that is a heckuva good young infield.....

what they really need badly is corner outfield help or 1st base help that has some power and the ability to scarethe other team----

Brantley is obviously really really good- i mean the guy is probably top 5 in the AL MVP race right now- but the Indians just dont have any boppers in the lineup

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tribe is so on-again off-again...they look awesome for 2 weeks and then fall flat on their face for two weeks

I do have to say they have the makings of a very good young pitching staff though---- Kluber, Bauer, Salazar has the potential to be a very good rotation for a while--- and CHEAP since they are all under the Indians control for a while-

also in the bullpen with Allen closing and Carrasco setting up they have 2 very good young cheap arms that should be there a while-

on the infield between Kipnis, Chiz, soon to be Lindor- that is a heckuva good young infield.....

what they really need badly is corner outfield help or 1st base help that has some power and the ability to scarethe other team----

Brantley is obviously really really good- i mean the guy is probably top 5 in the AL MVP race right now- but the Indians just dont have any boppers in the lineup

I have noticed that about them. Although one thing I do miss about NE Ohio is going to Indians games.

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you seen Russ Irving lately ???

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude- it does the EXACT opposite-

instead of having teams competing with eachother for him- only one team is in the game and can to acertain extent dictate the price- because the alternative is they lose him for nothing

Love coming out and saying i will only sign an extension for Cleveland - helps the Cavs a ton and hurts the Twolves a ton- that is fairly simple to see

I see your point but disagree.
If the Wolves lose him for nothing, it means he's not a Cav THIS year, and that is what James wants.
If he hits FA, the Cavs might never sniff him once he meets with the Lakers.

If I'm the Wolves owner, I'm not getting bullied into any deal that isn't making me a better, deeper team.

Without Wiggins, the Cavs offer is total garbage.

When Kyrie and Andy are in their normal rotation on the DL, the Cavs won't look near as smart or smug as some of you want to believe.

You guys have been handed the world through lotto balls, and now you want other teams owners to also reward you. Good luck with that.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.
Both Oden and Beasley should be here if they'll take the minimum.

I think Oden wants ' guaranteed' playing time, which could be the tricky part.

I still believe Oden can be a player in this league. He is essentially a second-year player not having in the NBA for nearly three years. Yea that would be a tricky part Turnup.