• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if he hits free agency, it's almost guaranteed it'll be the Knicks or Lakers. He has said before that he wants to play for the Lakers, but NY can be very enticing for a young guy with a boatload of money. Also, he'd be crazy to not at least strongly consider an organization that Phil is running.

Putting the Lakers back on the map and a chance to learn from Kobe at the twilight of his career while making max money in LA.......Yeah, he could do worse.

I'd just rather Durant, Love, CP3 and everyone head on over to Miami though. :hope:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Deng and Hawes were bench players?

You take James off your current roster and you aren't winning what, 25 games?
Give me a number.

Wiggins is a raw 19 year old with potentially a tremendous upside A FEW YEARS down the road.
And Miller? Seriously? Yes, he's a streaky 3 point shooter, but so was Jason Kapono.

:laugh3: 46% is streaky?

James is the centerpiece, duh. Nobody is winning without him. Deng and Hawes were just roles players, you can replace them, they aren't needed especially for the money.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting the Lakers back on the map and a chance to learn from Kobe at the twilight of his career while making max money in LA.......Yeah, he could do worse.

I'd just rather Durant, Love, CP3 and everyone head on over to Miami though. :hope:

Maybe on vacation?:noidea:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I can't help it if I've been watching the NBA since the late 50s, but I do like your settle way of saying, that I'm an old man.
rolleyes2.gif
correction: "subtle way".

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have to agree with Russ on this one.

If Kevin Love has given off the vibe that he will only sign long-term with the Cavs, then Cleveland doesn't have to offer shit. Lebron said it himself, building a title team takes time and chemistry. He won't be blasted if the Cavs fall short of a title this upcoming season.

If in the next 5 years, Cleveland happens to win a title or two, then Lebron's career is a success and the story book ending in the eyes of many came to fruition. Lebron's a smart man and he'd most certainly take the chance of Love leaving the next season for nothing while the Cavs get to hold onto Wiggins who may or may not be a top 5 NBA player in the league once he hits his prime.

This was the same thing that happened to Orlando with Dwight. Teams knew he was only going to extend in a few locations which brought down his value, because teams like the Lakers and Nets knew they didn't have to contend in getting his services.

exactly man----thank you for putting my point more eloquently and using a good example-

now- if the Cavs try and play toooo much hard ball the Twolves could say stick it- but as long as Wiggins is in the deal the Twolves cannot turn it down is pretty much how i see it

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't the reports that he'll only sign long term this with the Cavs?
I think if he hits FA, he'll take the tour and then decide whatever.

What James said , actually what was written for James, in that letter is nonsense about not needing/hoping/wanting to win now.

1. I'd love to hear that pitch to Allen, Jones, and Miller. Did he say, " hey, how about uprooting your families and join me in the wonderland known as Cleveland. I'm not looking to realistically win for a couple years, when you are retired, but I'd love you to come now because I really enjoy having you around"?

2. I agree, the Cavs should offer as little as possible and hope the Wolves cave in. I just don't think they will.
You cannot trade a player with the perceived high value of Love and get nothing of near equal value in return.
If makes your team shitty for another X amount of years, and it pisses off the fans who are already tired of watching these players shit on them.

3. Aren't the Cavs in a bit of a catch 22? Don't they need to sign a player with that high of a contract this year, before Kyries max kicks in next year?
If that's the case,don't the Cavs really lose all or most of there leverage.

In other words, could they even create the cap space to sign Love as a max FA next summer?

the only salaries that are on the books for the Cavs next year that are not team controlled are Kyrie and LeBron- thats it

the salary cap is about 63 M this year- and should probably be about 66-67M next year....

Kyrie is at 18 and LeBron at 21......PLUS - if LeBron really wanted to he could opt out and get a little more (or less if he wanted too)

so-theoritcally you could get Love as a FA- but it would mean renouncing rights to guys like Waiters/Thompson and basically not having much depth on the team at all---

however- The Brendan Haywood contract is 10.5 m and unguaranteed and a team option next summer since his amnestied years end- and they didnt include his option year----

So- unless the Twolves trade KLove elsewhere- next summer the Cavs have the Haywood Expring and 3 first rounders- and could trade say something like Bennett, Haywood expring and 2 first rounders just in a sign and trade for Love

and from what i have read from sources i trust si that LeBron has had a lot of contact with Love and he has his heart set on playing here- and really- if Love came here and the Cavs only gave up Wiggins- plus Bennett who plays Love's position - they would solid shape

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hairston, almost for sure IMO.
A young backup for Wade would have been priority over a 3 rd PG.

Looks like you were right about Beasley.

Alex Kennedy: Several teams have expressed interest in free agent Michael Beasley. Teams like the efficiency and maturity he showed last season in Miami. Michael Beasley is currently training in LA with Kevin Durant. Lakers could make sense for Beasley. He'd be a good fit to fill out roster.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh whoopee!!!

:lol: Uh, you know that post was from before the draft, right?

You also know that this is the Offseason News and Rumors thread and that at the time that was news..................in the off-season, right?

Last edited by a moderator: