• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He played OLB so close enough haha

Thats a big dude coming off the edge in HS.

His coach (loren Johnson) said that he was an SEC caliber LB.

"He’s an SEC [caliber] linebacker," Johnson said. "He’s 6-2, he’s close to 230. He runs like he’s 5-10, 185 pounds. He’s shifty, he has great hips. So he projects they say as a running back, but before all is said and done, I think he plays both sides of the ball. He’s the type of kid who can do that."

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/12/hok...te-jerome-wright-springers-coach-calls-it-ste

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BTW Wright being homeschooled reminded me that I read today that there is a bill in the house (has already passed the education committee) that will allow home schooled athletes to participate on public sports teams. VAHB 947

This and the fact that VA now has "year round football" are imo big for HS athletics in VA.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anything better than Hardee's Breakfast Biscuits?

H_SausageEggBiscut_Menu.png

Nom nom

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but I do love McDonalds breakfast. the rest of their food can disappear but their breakfast is always good.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Call me crazy but I do love McDonalds breakfast. the rest of their food can disappear but their breakfast is always good.

Thats how i feel about hardees. Their lunch/dinner sucks but the breakfast is usually pretty good. There is one pretty close to my house, i've eaten breakfast there a couple times a week for years and dont think i've ever gotten a burger or dinner from there.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(also there are no Hardee's in Pittsburgh)

We have a lot of Arbys. There are also very few Taco Bells and very few Burger Kings.

I try and avoid all of this stuff, but Arby's has grown on me.

I love Arby's but they are pricey. Taco bell is my crack. Burger king is awful.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arbys curley fries with their Arby sauce.... Oh baby oh baby.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most overrated- Zaxbys. You yankees wouldn't know much about it but every AA I met raved about Zaxbys having the best chicken. IMO it was below Bojangles.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the Arby's fish sammich yesterday for lunch. Not a huge fan of the honey mustard tartar sauce tho.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Got to love this quote from Urban Meyer:

"You're pissed because we went after a committed guy? Guess what, we got 9 guys who better go do it again," said Meyer. "Do it a little harder next time."

Urban Meyer responds to fellow coaches' criticism

Here's more:

It doesn't sound like Meyer is scared of his upcoming meeting with Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany, does it?

This all started when Wisconsin's Bret Bielema and Michigan State's Mark Dantonio publicly criticized Meyer's recruiting tactics. Of the ten players that committed to Ohio State after Meyer became head coach, eight had previously committed to other schools. That includes offensive tackle Kyle Dodson (Wisconsin) and defensive end Se'Von Pittman (Michigan State).

Bielema also said on Thursday night that Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez was going to be talking to Jim Delany about Meyer's recruiting tactics. All because of a supposed "gentleman's agreement" within the Big Ten that says coaches aren't supposed to go after another coach's commits while recruiting.

Which wasn't the way Meyer, or any coach, did things in the SEC, and it doesn't look like Urban is willing to adapt.

Contrast Meyer's comments to those of Miami's Golden complaining about Tech's recruiting tactics after Miami stole two committed recruits from Tech! Wow! That's like blaming the pedestrian for being in the crosswalk after you've run him over.