• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where was Golden complaining about VT's recruiting tactics, other than his statement about "hitting a soft spot"?? Truth must hurt and it's a valid, truthful statement. I don't think that VT lied to Blue and they certainly don't seem to recruit already committed kids (not sure how I feel about that) .. but there's definitely a line that needs to be drawn .. This probably sounds laughable to most -- but if my kid was being recruited, I'd tell him that a commitment is a commitment. Don't make a commitment until you know FOR SURE and if your offer gets pulled before you're ready to commit, so be it -- wasn't meant to be .. You can't expect a teenager to understand that but a parent of a teenager should.

What pisses me off more than anything about Urban Meyer is his slick tongue and his need to win, AT ANY COST (he and Saban are the same in my book). They'll oversign, tell these kids whatever the hell they want to hear. To boot, he talks about his faith every time you see him on the TV yet his actions (like this) paint a much clearer picture of the type of Christian he really is. Whether it's legal or not, it's not really right to try to "capitalize" on the confusion that a kid already constantly goes through at that age (especially one in the limelight). He gets a pass this season because many of these kids may have considered tOSU a lot more earlier had Meyer been the coach. From this year out though, it would be pretty shitty to keep in the ear of a recruit after they've committed .. Just my opinion .. Golden is a douche

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm starting a damn hate campaign against certain college head coaches

My most hated (in order but subject to change):

Saban
Meyer
Golden
Kiffin
Dabo
Paul Johnson
London
Mack Brown
not a big fan of Petrino

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting a damn hate campaign against certain college head coaches

My most hated (in order but subject to change):

Saban

Meyer
Golden
Kiffin
Dabo
Paul Johnson
London
Mack Brown
not a big fan of Petrino

I agree with the bold. Meyer, I dont like but I dont hate him until I see how he runs the show at tOSU. I do want to add Brian Kelly, Chip Kelly, Rich Rod, and Les Miles with Brian Kelly being the leader

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FRIDAY

l.jpg

81428665.gif

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
damn!! yeah -- i did forget Rich Rod .. but I like Les Miles and D'antonio .. I don't know much about Brian Kelly but he seems like a douche .. Saban's a cheater and an asshole -- he should be on everyone's list .. I have no problem with Bill Snyder .. Pete Carroll is an ass-wipe for skipping town on USC before sanctions .. holy cow -- how did I forget about Edsall, Todd Graham, and Schiano .. Those three are definite ass-wipes.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the bold. Meyer, I dont like but I dont hate him until I see how he runs the show at tOSU. I do want to add Brian Kelly, Chip Kelly, Rich Rod, and Les Miles with Brian Kelly being the leader

Well, Big Ten coaches are already calling him out for his recruiting practices, so not a good start.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's with the drama on the watercooler lately? Seems like everyone's man period synced up and its a big mess.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's with the drama on the watercooler lately? Seems like everyone's man period synced up and its a big mess.

I've only glanced over there a few times, but apparently people on the board were complaining that it has been getting worse. Ghost proposed the question "who should I ban?" and things kind of erupted. 3 of the regular posters have been banned I believe. Some people are upset by the way everything has been handled.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who all was banned? I must admit I used to post like crazy on the watercooler, but basically stick to the VT board now.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the Watercooler? Is it like our Off Topic thread?