• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fucking tired of seeing pro athletes saying they won't play for a team unless they trade for this guy or that guy or get themselves traded. It makes me hope they get in a car wreck that night and end their career. Fucking assholes who think they actually mean something in this world because they can run faster and jump higher than the average man.

I'm guessing you're talking about Deron Williams?

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"How the hell can I make my teammates better by practicin'?"

:L

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about all of them. Eli Manning, Williams, Half the NBA, most of the WRs in the NFL...

You signed a contract to play your best, if you actually play to your potential dont renegotiate for more money. If you under perform they cant renegotiate for less money.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Paterno is about to die... Kind of sad given the optimism that doctors initially had in regards to his recovery.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen, all they said was that the cancer was 'treatable.' I think the media took that the wrong way and made it way too optimistic. Saying it was treatable from the doctor's point of view most likely meant that it wasn't futile to try chemotherapy. Even if he was aware of everything that was going on, I hope people will still respect what they are going through

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a brighter note, anyone see the end of the FSU-Duke game? FSU hit a cold blooded 3 as time expired to crush everyone in attendance at Cameron Indoor right after Duke had tied the game.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a brighter note, anyone see the end of the FSU-Duke game? FSU hit a cold blooded 3 as time expired to crush everyone in attendance at Cameron Indoor right after Duke had tied the game.

I hop on Disney and it says that FSU is up by 2 with like 15 seconds to play. I get ESPN3 up right when Rivers made the game-tying layup. Pretty awesome timing haha.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Joe Paterno just died. R. I. P.

Former Penn State coach Joe Paterno dies at 85

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Joe Paterno just died. R. I. P.

Former Penn State coach Joe Paterno dies at 85

Now we're getting a report from a family spokesman that Joe Pa has not passed away. Hard to know what to believe at this point in time.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now we're getting a report from a family spokesman that Joe Pa has not passed away. Hard to know what to believe at this point in time.

BryanDFischer Bryan Fischer
RT @JayPaterno: I appreciate the support & prayers. Joe is continuing to fight.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More on Joe Pa...

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
RT @ScottPaterno: CBS report wrong - Dad is alive but in serious condition. We continue to ask for your prayers and privacy during this time

CBS really screwed up this story, as did Onward State who appears to have started it.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS really messed up on this one. You have to be certain about something like this. As a major news source you can't just take unverified information from a student website and report it as truth. They tried to be one of the first to report his death and messed up.

That all being said... this is a sad situation. Penn State has had a very difficult year. I feel for them and hope PSU nation stays strong through this tough time.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
CBS really messed up on this one. You have to be certain about something like this. As a major news source you can't just take unverified information from a student website and report it as truth. They tried to be one of the first to report his death and messed up.

That all being said... this is a sad situation. Penn State has had a very difficult year. I feel for them and hope PSU nation stays strong through this tough time.

Agreed. Well said.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Well said.

Yes, well said Lumbee. That is some major egg on the face of CBS..WTF?? This is Joepa..he may be immortal dammit!!!!

Seriously, Just saw a report that Joepa is not doing well at all and has asked for his loved ones to come by the bed..so it may be a matter of days, if that. I think (hope) once all is said and done JoePa will be remembered for what he is..a man/coach that everyone respected, a man that did things the right way. Maybe I am being naive, but I find it hard to believe that he totally knew what was going on there..and turned a blind eye completely. Obviously, we don't know him, but until proven otherwise, I won't believe that...

Last edited by a moderator:

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hmmmmmm....... GT on Labor Day..... FSU on Thursday night....

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU on thursday night will be an awesome game to replace our usual thursday night GT game