• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha i actually remember that episode of the Simpsons.

You could close down Moe's or the Kwik-e-Mart and nobody would care.
But the heart and soul of Springfield is our Maison Derriere.

We're the sauce on your steak!
We're the cheese in your cake!
We put the spring in Springfield!

That's about all I can remember. Kinda sad that I know that song by memory though...

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Apparently, Duke is struggling with student attendance for basketball. WTF? Also, the article states that the Duke student seating is only 1200 seats, where as Cassell has at least 2500 student seats. I know Tech is much larger, but I still find it interesting. In a larger thought, this reinforces that stereotype that the private school students just don't support their teams well.

http://dukechronicle.com/article/low-attendance-forces-duke-athletics-sell-student-seats

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Duke is struggling with student attendance for basketball. WTF? Also, the article states that the Duke student seating is only 1200 seats, where as Cassell has at least 2500 student seats. I know Tech is much larger, but I still find it interesting. In a larger thought, this reinforces that stereotype that the private school students just don't support their teams well.

Low attendance forces Duke Athletics to sell student seats | The Chronicle

Maybe they decided its not cool to camp out for 3 days in tents while its raining and 34 degrees outside. I'm so glad Tech didn't use a system like that during my time there. People bitched about the lottery but its a lot better than what many other schools do. If I didn't win the lottery, at least I knew I could scalp a ticket on gameday rather than having waste hours in a tent.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maybe they decided its not cool to camp out for 3 days in tents while its raining and 34 degrees outside. I'm so glad Tech didn't use a system like that during my time there. People bitched about the lottery but its a lot better than what many other schools do. If I didn't win the lottery, at least I knew I could scalp a ticket on gameday rather than having waste hours in a tent.

I went to Countdown to Craziness, their preseason scrimmage, this year and it was the same as a game against a major opponent... and general admission was $60 I believe, with scalpers charging more than that.

Probably the only time I'll ever sit in courtside seats at Cameron, haha.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BFeldmanCBS Bruce Feldman
BRUTAL timing for Rutgers, which has a strong class in works. RT @AdamSchefter: Tampa plans to hire Greg Schiano as next Bucs head coach.

Less than a week to Signing Day and this news hits? I bet a number of Rutgers' 2012 verbals are starting to scramble for other programs.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd gladly take:

Darius Hamilton
JJ Denmen
Chris Muller
Leontee Carroo

off their hands :)

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BFeldmanCBS Bruce Feldman
BRUTAL timing for Rutgers, which has a strong class in works. RT @AdamSchefter: Tampa plans to hire Greg Schiano as next Bucs head coach.

Less than a week to Signing Day and this news hits? I bet a number of Rutgers' 2012 verbals are starting to scramble for other programs.

I don't know who to feel more sorry for: Tampa Bay fans for hiring Schiano, or Rutgers fans for being Rutgers fans.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I went to Rutgers in our 99, NCG season. Fuck them....like seriously....

2003, it was kind of rainy, but there were plenty of Tech fans I remember. I think it was D Hall that fumbled a punt on what would have been our first possession. Rutgers had great field position scored a few plays later. I honestly think I got flipped off by all 10,000 Rutgers fans within a thirty second period. For a few seconds I was honestly wondering if it was a smart trip to make. A little scrappy in the stands to say the least (remember they knew we'd never play them again at that point)...

...Then B. Randall drives 80 yards down the field and scores a touchdown, and the Rutgers fans were gone by half time.

Good times, but glad I'll never have to go to that dump again.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This kid, Chad Kelly, was a real catch for Clemson..

First, he raps about HIMSELF (you really MUST click the link to enjoy) .. Now, he's talking shit to Clemson's backup QB through twitter .. Gotta love it. On the first day of practice, I would make this kid run suicides until he shat himself.

I Come Soon

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And then there's Dabo -- This guy seriously does come off as a clown and someone who is in WAY over his head when it comes to his stature. One of those guys who got his ass kicked in school constantly.

And then there's Dabo

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q&A w/ Beamer

Q. I don't know how much you hear from fans or see on message boards, but there is a lot of criticism about the offensive play-calling. Do you hear things like that? And if you do, what is your response?

A. Well, there were a lot of successful plays here, if you go back to the stats. I think so much of that goes back to if it works in the game, it's a good call, and if it doesn't work in the game, it's not such a good call. I think most people have an opinion as you look at a game about the play-calling. But most of it gets down to basically was it successful or not successful.

Frankly speaking: Q&A with Virginia Tech football coach | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q&A w/ Beamer

Q. I don't know how much you hear from fans or see on message boards, but there is a lot of criticism about the offensive play-calling. Do you hear things like that? And if you do, what is your response?

A. Well, there were a lot of successful plays here, if you go back to the stats. I think so much of that goes back to if it works in the game, it's a good call, and if it doesn't work in the game, it's not such a good call. I think most people have an opinion as you look at a game about the play-calling. But most of it gets down to basically was it successful or not successful.

Frankly speaking: Q&A with Virginia Tech football coach | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

LOL. Gotta love Beams. Lots of words but ends up saying nothing at all.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the VT women's basketball team for knocking off the #7 ranked Terps in College Park!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Q&A w/ Beamer

LOL. Gotta love Beams. Lots of words but ends up saying nothing at all.

Wow... That was painful to read.

Last edited by a moderator:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
nicholashhowell Nic Howell
@TomLoy247 @jcshurburtt glad to have you permanently over here. this is why 247 is taking over Rivals, they go out and get the best.
3 hours ago
Retweeted by jcshurburtt

Comments?