• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old guys alert!!

I think those are the worst VT uniforms I've seen, but different strokes I suppose. The color of the helmets make them look like bowing balls

You definitely got me there. But hey, when you remember the days when you could throw footballs in the stands and run around through all the empty seats, you have a little different perspective and appreciate things more. I just like that simple, traditional look as opposed to Nike's 85 gazillion different uniform combos. How long until Nike has us wearing new uniforms in every quarter?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You definitely got me there. But hey, when you remember the days when you could throw footballs in the stands and run around through all the empty seats, you have a little different perspective and appreciate things more. I just like that simple, traditional look as opposed to Nike's 85 gazillion different uniform combos. How long until Nike has us wearing new uniforms in every quarter?

Oregon has to do it first. Maryland did the pregame switch...

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brent Venables going to Clemson as DC it appears. That will make Clemson a better team in the near future with the talent they can recruit.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brent Venables going to Clemson as DC it appears. That will make Clemson a better team in the near future with the talent they can recruit.

Venables always gets a lot of hype, but don't recall OU having a stout defense in recent years. Don't really understand the co-defensive cordinator thing OU was trying have.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good stat when it comes to defensive stats (1989-2011). Just more ammo for Beamer and Foster for recruiting highly rated players on D. Good stuff here. If I am reading this correctly we are the current leaders in this timeframe with a Points Per Game Average of 13.76 (1995 team). Also we rank 6th and 7th respectively in Total Defense during this timeframe as well.

Top Total and Scoring Defenses 1989-2011 - Football Study Hall

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Venables always gets a lot of hype, but don't recall OU having a stout defense in recent years. Don't really understand the co-defensive cordinator thing OU was trying have.

OU has had good, not great defenses. They also play in a high powered offensive league. Venables will field a better D at Clemson than at OU IMO.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see what the fuss about Venables is. He is an average recruiter and just a meh DC. In the past two years he has only gotten 1 4* and the rest were 3*s. Also, I don't remember any OU LBs being great of late. I can't even name one.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good stat when it comes to defensive stats (1989-2011). Just more ammo for Beamer and Foster for recruiting highly rated players on D. Good stuff here. If I am reading this correctly we are the current leaders in this timeframe with a Points Per Game Average of 13.76 (1995 team). Also we rank 6th and 7th respectively in Total Defense during this timeframe as well.

Top Total and Scoring Defenses 1989-2011 - Football Study Hall

Correction - we are not the leaders in that timeframe on scoring defense. But nonetheless, I will take those defensive stats anyday.

Also looks like we ended up 10th this year in Total Defense and 35th in Total Offense. Like many (including myself) have said, we just need to work out the kinks with regard to our red Zone offense and we will be good to go.

Off: ncaafootball.com

Def: ncaafootball.com

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Behind the Scenes with Jack Tyler... He just tweeted pics of what I guess is his and LT's room.

499353210.jpg

499353930.jpg

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Bruce Arians has retired from OC of the Steelers. Beamer should give him a call. :nod:

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can hire someone as "red zone" coordinator. Hell, anyone sitting at home could phone in at the right time and walk StineCain through how to score from the 20 yrd line.

funny-iphone-call-from-chuck-norris.jpg

PS: No one ever declines Chuck Norris' calls. That is why you see two 'Answer' prompts.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fucking tired of seeing pro athletes saying they won't play for a team unless they trade for this guy or that guy or get themselves traded. It makes me hope they get in a car wreck that night and end their career. Fucking assholes who think they actually mean something in this world because they can run faster and jump higher than the average man.