• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BTW, the players REALLY wanted to wear their orange helmets with the orange jerseys versus North Carolina, but it was shot down by staff.

This isn't a commentary against the coaches, as I know they don't want to look like Oregon. Just pointing out that the players really like the orange, and goes to show that having the uni combo's that we do absolutely plays into recruiting.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To repeat what Hunzworth said, Karlin and Frank are both interested in getting maroon pants for the 2012 season.

I've got to say, we have the best uniforms we have in a long long time right now, and I hope they stay this way for as long as possible and it seems like they will. The jersey's are not too busy, and very classy. I love the "T inside of the V" retro helmets and the players rave about the orange helmets. Adding maroon pants is all we need. (Disclamer: I feel weak in the wrist for talking this much about our uniforms)

No players like the TV logo. I can't think of anyone in their mid 20s-18 that does. The VT is a lot more slick.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No players like the TV logo. I can't think of anyone in their mid 20s-18 that does. The VT is a lot more slick.

the white one is by far my favorite VT logo of all
helmets2011(1).jpg

followed by this one:
vatechheau71-73.jpg

then this one:
vatechheau2.jpg

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Really? The team wore the \T/ helmets 4 times this season, and its the same original period logo as the current uniform set. They may prefer the VT but I doubt that they dislike the old logo.

My group, all in our 20s, prefers the various old school logos (\T/, <TECH}, VPI, the fighting gobbler, and the school seal).

I'll agree that the VT is more slick, well designed, and fits what Tech is doing as a university, which is why it's used as the primary logo.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These were the best unis we've ever had. Im talking total combination.

114233162.jpg

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kind of what I was thinking:

Attachments

• All Maroon.jpg
    All Maroon.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 31

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And where's the old gobbler logo? I love that logo.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm probably in the minority, but these are my all-time favorites. I'd love to see us go back to this combo occasionally.

jamel-smith-46.jpg

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm probably in the minority, but these are my all-time favorites. I'd love to see us go back to this combo occasionally.

jamel-smith-46.jpg

That's the uni combo I posted a couple of posts ago. Nice pick. :)

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the uni combo I posted a couple of posts ago. Nice pick. :)

Ah, sorry for the repeat. I just like that all-Maroon look with the classic VT logo on the helmets before Nike started screwing with everything. That pic is from 1998 by the way.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got blocked by Bomani Jones on twitter!!!!!

Who the fuck is Bomani Jones???

Bomani Jones is a contributor for SBNation.com, and the former host of “The Morning Jones” on The Score on Sirius Channel 158. For years, he has written on sports, music, culture and politics — including three years as contributor and columnist for ESPN.com’s Page 2 — Bomani has been an on-air personality since January 2008 and joined The Score in 2010. While with The Score, he also contributes weekly two-minute videos found on TheScore.com and aired on The Score Television Network in Canada. Bomani is also a regular panelist on ESPN’s “Around the Horn” and “Jim Rome is Burning.”

Bomani has been featured on several television programs, including a documentary Michael Jackson broadcast all over the world. In 2008, he was prominently featured in “The Battle for Tobacco Road: Duke vs. Carolina,” an HBO Sports documentary, and he contributed to 2011′s “Runnin’ Rebels,” a doc on HBO about UNLV basketball. Bomani also has served as an adjunct professor at Elon University and Duke University.

Bomani currently resides in Durham, NC.
Bomani_Jones-223x300.png

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His tweet:

here's the note i sent my congressman, or whoever's congressman, so i could get the wiki back

My response: (me in maroon, of course, him in black)
Me: @BryanDFischer @bomani_jones At least try to SOUND adult.

Him: #forwho #forwhat RT @VPIMikhalis27: @BryanDFischer @bomani_jones At least try to SOUND adult.

Me: @bomani_jones @BryanDFischer For self respect, pride, I don't know, to be taken seriously by those who you are addressing, maybe. #forgetit

Him: @VPIMikhalis27 get over yourself

Me: @bomani_jones If you address an issue and sound like a child, you will be treated like one, #ConstructiveCriticsim, you are better than that

Him: #blocked RT @VPIMikhalis27: If you address an issue and sound like a child, you will be treated like one, #ConstructiveCriticsim

Me: @bomani_jones I don't follow you. It was a RT. People listen to you, obviously, be influential not just controversial #PeopleHearYou

What a mature and eloquent individual :tinfoil3:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is my absolute least liked talking head on ESPN. He never has an intelligent argument and is constantly pulling the race card. Total cocksucker. Everytime hes on AtH I change channels.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't even follow that twitter conversation.

All I know is YOU GOT SERVED!!! aw yea.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jamel-smith-46.jpg

Old guys alert!!

I think those are the worst VT uniforms I've seen, but different strokes I suppose. The color of the helmets make them look like bowing balls

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i say we bust these out for a game next year

first_huddler_cover_display_image.jpg