• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would a school accept a student who was being indicted for a felony?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why would a school accept a student who was being indicted for a felony?
If you read the article I posted, the QB coach at NS was Boyces coach in HS and they are very close. The coach says he believes that Boyce in innocent so they have offered him a scholarship. I am sure it will be pulled if Boyce is found guilty.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. I didn't read it obviously.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read the article I posted, the QB coach at NS was Boyces coach in HS and they are very close. The coach says he believes that Boyce in innocent so they have offered him a scholarship. I am sure it will be pulled if Boyce is found guilty.

I can see that... this would be all the more tragic if he's telling the truth. If his daughter was hurt in some other way or if she suffered injuries that weren't Boyce's fault, then he was kicked off the team and was charged with a felony? Can you imagine if that happened to you?

I should know better than to believe what I read in the papers (see Tech shootings, the latest SEC expansion, any other news story of note... the first edition always gets it wrong).

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely off topic but I just can't contain my excitement and want to tell everyone lol. My wife is battling her 2nd fight with cancer in the past year recently. She did a few rounds of chemo and the CT scan showed that it did basically nothing to shrink the masses. On a hunch our family asked the doctors to do a PET CT (detects areas that consume large amounts of sugar such as tumors) to double check this and the results came in today and 2 of the 3 places with tumors are no longer living tumors. After a string of bad news and luck good news came in today and I almost started crying at work. We are able to go back to the original treatment plan and hopefully resolve this in 3-4 more months rather than 1-1.5 years with a little bit higher success chance since the tumors appear to be sensitive to chemo. Sorry to throw a sob story in here but I am too excited not to share. Now if we can only wrap this whole thing up with VT in the NCG it would be a perfect ending!

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely off topic but I just can't contain my excitement and want to tell everyone lol. My wife is battling her 2nd fight with cancer in the past year recently. She did a few rounds of chemo and the CT scan showed that it did basically nothing to shrink the masses. On a hunch our family asked the doctors to do a PET CT (detects areas that consume large amounts of sugar such as tumors) to double check this and the results came in today and 2 of the 3 places with tumors are no longer living tumors. After a string of bad news and luck good news came in today and I almost started crying at work. We are able to go back to the original treatment plan and hopefully resolve this in 3-4 more months rather than 1-1.5 years with a little bit higher success chance since the tumors appear to be sensitive to chemo. Sorry to throw a sob story in here but I am too excited not to share. Now if we can only wrap this whole thing up with VT in the NCG it would be a perfect ending!

awesome news! hoping for the best for you and your wife!

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great news dude!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nick, very happy to read your good news...prayers on the way for you and your wife.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Nick! It really puts things in perspective. My family has had its wins and losses with cancer so I know more than I ever wanted to know about all that. It always warms my heart to hear that some has put cancer in its place. Fvck cancer.

Prayers and well wishes for speedy and full recovery from my family to yours.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOOray for HOOS 2011 is really drinking the Mike London koolaid....i mean he is chugging it down. from the disney board, he is talking about new divisions in hte ACC

"Currently, the North is better than the south as UVA is set to become an elite team this season under London, VT is above average, and Boston College should be a 10 win team. Maryland is just an unfortunate program IMO."

i questioned him

his reply:

LMAO. VT can thank their past success to Al Groh. Now that London is coaching Thomas Jefferson's University, elite recruiting will be combined with top notch coaching. It is lethal combination which will result in many ACC coastal championships, starting this season. Also, Kris Burd will be a heisman candidate as he is by far the best receiver in this conference.

:confused2:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to be a Hokie in disguise. I went over there and read some of it today when u mentioned the Canes fans. What an awful board.

Btw, go back to your Jacory Harris thread and respond to the asshole who trash talked you, on the water cooler.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to be a Hokie in disguise. I went over there and read some of it today when u mentioned the Canes fans. What an awful board.

Btw, go back to your Jacory Harris thread and respond to the asshole who trash talked you, on the water cooler.

:jaw:

on my way!

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOOray for HOOS 2011 is really drinking the Mike London koolaid....i mean he is chugging it down. from the disney board, he is talking about new divisions in hte ACC

"Currently, the North is better than the south as UVA is set to become an elite team this season under London, VT is above average, and Boston College should be a 10 win team. Maryland is just an unfortunate program IMO."

i questioned him

his reply:

LMAO. VT can thank their past success to Al Groh. Now that London is coaching Thomas Jefferson's University, elite recruiting will be combined with top notch coaching. It is lethal combination which will result in many ACC coastal championships, starting this season. Also, Kris Burd will be a heisman candidate as he is by far the best receiver in this conference.

makes me laugh

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i questioned him

his reply:

Tell this mental midget I got $1,000 that says he's wrong, if he'd like to put his money where his mouth is.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Will be extremely busy over the next 2-3 weeks and prob wont be able to check in much or at all, hope you guys enjoy the last couple weeks of summer and that VT beats the hell out of appy state! Anyway heres hoping that the next time i see this board we are 1-0 and have added a 4* or two. :-)

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be extremely busy over the next 2-3 weeks and prob wont be able to check in much or at all, hope you guys enjoy the last couple weeks of summer and that VT beats the hell out of appy state! Anyway heres hoping that the next time i see this board we are 1-0 and have added a 4* or two. :-)

Get your shit done Hunz and we will aee you soon!

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Give me a holla when you are in my neck of the woods

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will now be joining in on the conversations on this board. If anyone remembers me from the disney boards, I was a moderate to light poster there during the 2009 season while I was unemployed. Once I got a job I stopped posting and sorted through the board to find the useful information.