• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will now be joining in on the conversations on this board. If anyone remembers me from the disney boards, I was a moderate to light poster there during the 2009 season while I was unemployed. Once I got a job I stopped posting and sorted through the board to find the useful information.

Another Hokie in Pittsburgh? Have we met? Do you frequent Archies for games?

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Hokie in Pittsburgh? Have we met? Do you frequent Archies for games?

No and No, but i should.
I have been up here since late 2009, and last season I either went to home games or watched away games at my place since I had neighbors who were also Hokies. There are more Hokies in Pittsburgh than you think. My roommate now is one and there are a decent amount where I work.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No and No, but i should.
I have been up here since late 2009, and last season I either went to home games or watched away games at my place since I had neighbors who were also Hokies. There are more Hokies in Pittsburgh than you think. My roommate now is one and there are a decent amount where I work.

I remember you sir. It has been a couple of years. I think that's your original avatar from disney (espn) right? Anyways, good to have you aboard!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Give me a holla when you are in my neck of the woods

im actually up here now posting from the public library haha <--- does that mean i have a problem with message boarding/hokie football? any way if you want PM me your number and i will holla at you, keep in mind i dont have computer access so it may be a day or two before i can check.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im actually up here now posting from the public library haha <--- does that mean i have a problem with message boarding/hokie football? any way if you want PM me your number and i will holla at you, keep in mind i dont have computer access so it may be a day or two before i can check.

Yes, I think you do have a problem. LOL. How long you going to be over there? I might stop by for a minute.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i got to leave the library and get back to work but ill be around down in the field, come on by if you like. Im going to pm you the house number it is forwarded to my cell so..... give me a shout!

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did anyone else feel the earthquake? Shook our office building pretty good in Richmond

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did anyone else feel the earthquake? Shook our office building pretty good in Richmond

I felt it in my office north of Pittsburgh, PA. Kind of an uneasy loss of balance feeling. It seems like only the people on the higher floors of the building felt it here.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
didnt feel much/anything where im at (right on the NC/va line) but i hear that bburg and surrounding areas felt it pretty good.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing fell in our office but the computer monitors were rocking and you could feel the building sway a bit. No doubt what it was.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
hearing that there are "unconfirmed" reports that the Washington monument is now slightly leaning.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read they shut down the metro in DC. It will be a nightmare for people trying to get home. Many drive to the outskirts and take the metro into town.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt feel much/anything where im at (right on the NC/va line) but i hear that bburg and surrounding areas felt it pretty good.

We definitely felt in here in the office. Had a bunch of people calling in to say they felt it too.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
felt it here on the eastern shore, my sister in culpeper said a Target collapsed, and a few other bldgs have some damage

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felt it for a bit in Columbia, MD. Was only maybe 5-8 seconds of a slight tremor, but still felt kind of weird.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in downtown DC, 12 th floor. Can't confirm anything about the monument, but getting out of the city was like 911 all over again. They evacuated all of the buildings around us and pretty much ended work at 3pm.

We felt it pretty strong, about 30 seconds long. Not enough to knock you off your feet, but one of the large windows in a corner office cracked in half and stuff fell everywhere. It started with a really loud POP and everypne assumed it was a bomb or something else. Too strange to think it was an earthquake. Cell phones were useless almost immediately. Traffic jammed up in every direction. MEtro and VRe trains crawled home as they inspected the tracks as they went along.

Just proves again to me that if there is ever a life threatening event in DC... I'm fucked. We cant evac worth shit.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in downtown DC, 12 th floor. Can't confirm anything about the monument, but getting out of the city was like 911 all over again. They evacuated all of the buildings around us and pretty much ended work at 3pm.

We felt it pretty strong, about 30 seconds long. Not enough to knock you off your feet, but one of the large windows in a corner office cracked in half and stuff fell everywhere. It started with a really loud POP and everypne assumed it was a bomb or something else. Too strange to think it was an earthquake. Cell phones were useless almost immediately. Traffic jammed up in every direction. MEtro and VRe trains crawled home as they inspected the tracks as they went along.

Just proves again to me that if there is ever a life threatening event in DC... I'm fucked. We cant evac worth shit.

You know where to come when the shit hits the fan...straight out 7. We got guns food and alcohol.