• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
mike london is funny! i just read that they are recruiting P. Diddy's kid.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Heads up for Virginia residents. The "back to school" sales tax holiday is this weekend. Whether you use it to save acouple bucks on Hokie apparel, or just know to avoid being dragged to the mall by the wife/girlfriend, is up to you.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
DeChristopher out is a big deal IMO. He's been very dependable and consistant. Hopefully he'll be back by the opener, as I think he can keep up the mental side, so long as his body is healed.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DeChristopher out is a big deal IMO. He's been very dependable and consistant. Hopefully he'll be back by the opener, as I think he can keep up the mental side, so long as his body is healed.

Personally, I'm not that concerned. Via will be taking his spot while Dechristopher's out, and he has good real-game experience including three starts. Here's some info from the media guide:

"Michael Via (r-Jr.) – Started three games at
center as a redshirt freshman in 2009 and did a
good job … Has played mostly tackle since …
Will concentrate on the center spot this fall … Is
smart and athletic, but needs to be more physical."

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked through our recruiting classes for the past 4 years and it is amazing how many players from those classes aren't even on the roster now. 4 star guys who should be Sr or Jr are gone while 2 star guys are starting. Great statement for the coaches and their abilities.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking through the SportsHoopla site and found in St Johns area in the Big East a thread to post nonsense to boost your post count. Pretty sad that people just post a couple hundred times in a row to boost a meaningless stat.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I feel about orange pants yet. I wouldn't mind seeing the team wear orange once a year for the Orange Effect game. All orange for that and all maroon for maroon effect and then standard marron/white combos for the rest. Although I was a fan of the black but that should be once every couple years for real big games i feel like

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
all_orange.jpg

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm more of a Maroon-White combo guy, with the power maroons for big home games.

Variety isn't a horrible thing though.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its fun mixing it up but I also don't want to be like Oregon who wears a different combination every game. (Not including socks and cleats or if the pants have a stripe or not)

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more of a Maroon-White combo guy, with the power maroons for big home games.

Variety isn't a horrible thing though.

Agreed. Was a big fan of the 2006 style jerseys. The orange pants on the throwback look pretty bad. Almost as bad as our weird colored baseball jerseys we have worn in the past.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be worse, could be the old Buccaneers creamsicle color

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I like mixing it up.

I'd love all maroon for a thursday night.

I'd also like to see maroon bottoms with orange tops (the ones with the maroon sleeves, arm pits and stripe down the ribs), and the maroon helmet.

I really didnt like the facemask on the on the orange helmets but thought the helmet itself was pretty nice.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It could just be the way the people at the store set up the display as well.

Agreed. Was a big fan of the 2006 style jerseys. The orange pants on the throwback look pretty bad. Almost as bad as our weird colored baseball jerseys we have worn in the past.

yeah im hoping the jersey isnt intended to go with the pants. <---maybe they dont have or cant display the jersey yet.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does everyone think about NCAA 12.. i'm thinkin about getting it after work today..

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
what does everyone think about NCAA 12.. i'm thinkin about getting it after work today..

haha im playing right now. Its pretty good, a few upgrades from last year but pretty much the same. You hear a lot about the "new tackling system" but i dont really notice it. The one thing i dont like is that they took away the disguise your play feature (when playing 2player) and the guy i normally game with is a "paddle peeker" from hell. hahaha <---prob going to start playing online next month (work has me away from home quite a bit right now) maybe some of us can get a game or two sometime.

FWIW i had the strangest experience last night. I was playing dynasty and getting ready to play BC, when the game loaded it would be tulsa and tulane??? i tried changing playbooks, uni's, etc etc etc and nothing changed, talked to a friend who had the same thing happen (his was against uva and he got mich mich st.) and we concluded the only thing to do was simulate that week.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha im playing right now. Its pretty good, a few upgrades from last year but pretty much the same. You hear a lot about the "new tackling system" but i dont really notice it. The one thing i dont like is that they took away the disguise your play feature (when playing 2player) and the guy i normally game with is a "paddle peeker" from hell. hahaha <---prob going to start playing online next month (work has me away from home quite a bit right now) maybe some of us can get a game or two sometime.FWIW i had the strangest experience last night. I was playing dynasty and getting ready to play BC, when the game loaded it would be tulsa and tulane??? i tried changing playbooks, uni's, etc etc etc and nothing changed, talked to a friend who had the same thing happen (his was against uva and he got mich mich st.) and we concluded the only thing to do was simulate that week.

ya im definitely considering it.. after i deposit my roommates rent check, i figure why not? haha

and that'd be real cool

Last edited by a moderator: