• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw i've been away for a couple of days: hate i missed all the butch/unc stuff. I've kinda got mixed feeling about it: 1) I love how all we heard from their administration, fans, recruits, and players, was how nothing would happen and now its all starting to come to a head. 2) Im glad to get butch out of unc for recruiting 3) It is slowly starting to look like this will spill over into BBall and i think that leads to a total meltdown at unc.

But on the other hand: I really get tired of hearing how weak the ACC is and although i never really considered UNC/Butch as a threat against Beamer, I do think they had they were building the talent to win some games and help change the perception of the ACC.

Hunz, while I agree with you 100 percent, I also worked in N.C. for about seven years and had to hear their self-righteous drivel on a daily basis. Therefore, my thoughts are F#&% UNC.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Guys, help a Hokie out. I'm having a yard sale tomorrow and need advice from you fellers. I've got a limited edition lithograph of Hokie Nation, one of 1,000 made, signed by the artist. They go online for $120. I'm asking $20 (too many painful memories). Is this a fair price, should I ask more, or would any of you guys be interested? Here is what it looks like.

HokieNationJBA.jpg

Also, I have a game program from the Jan. 31, 1996 Duke-UNC basketball game in mint condition (Yeah, I know. A friend in college took me to take in the rivalry). What should I ask for something like that?

Thanks for any help.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Any of you guys ever heard of a book (really more like an album) called the VT football vault? I've had it for a while but never really looked at it much but here lately been thumbing through it some, lot of crazy info about the early VT football teams. <---Turns out if not for a Hokie, bear bryant would have never ended up at bama. VT had a star rb back in the day named "one hand Hank" crisp (he lost his hand as a child). After his carer @ VT he went on to be a coach at alabama and recruited bear bryant.

^ i know :csb: but this thing is pretty damn interesting.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
not sure what happened but glad to see we are back up and running!

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys ever heard of a book (really more like an album) called the VT football vault? I've had it for a while but never really looked at it much but here lately been thumbing through it some, lot of crazy info about the early VT football teams. <---Turns out if not for a Hokie, bear bryant would have never ended up at bama. VT had a star rb back in the day named "one hand Hank" crisp (he lost his hand as a child). After his carer @ VT he went on to be a coach at alabama and recruited bear bryant.

^ i know :csb: but this thing is pretty damn interesting.

I have that book as well. It is awesome and chock full of great info. I would highly recommend it to any Hokie fan.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Quick question...who are the five fastest Hokies this year, including the new guys from the 2011 Class?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
started watching the 2009 ifaf highlights. Damn DW is a beast. (#22)

[YOUTUBE]dJJdSGVaGX8&playnext=1&list=PL5EB23BEAB30B5030[/YOUTUBE]

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
started watching the 2009 ifaf highlights. Damn DW is a beast. (#22)

[YOUTUBE]dJJdSGVaGX8&playnext=1&list=PL5EB23BEAB30B5030[/YOUTUBE]
Was the play at 0:32 a designed fake or what? It was pretty good improvisation.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was checking out ESPN's 'Yards to Glory' montage of memorable moments and noticed MV is #82 and RW is #84.

82. Vick Of Time
Michael Vick dazzles and dizzies Boston College
Sept. 30, 2000: If you had to pick one play to show the brilliance of Michael Vick, this might be it. Pressured by a heavy Boston College rush, the Virginia Tech quarterback escaped a crowd of defenders, leaping over one would-be tackler on his way down the left sideline. Halfway into the run, he cut to the center of the field before twisting the last Eagles player into the ground and spinning into the end zone. It was Vick's third rushing touchdown of the day in a 48-34 win.

-- Brian Bennett

84. Tech Support
Ryan Williams' run helps Virginia Tech to title
Nov. 20, 2010: Virginia Tech running back Ryan Williams broke free at the line of scrimmage and outraced every Miami defender on his way to the longest-ever run by a Hokies' player in ACC play. Williams' 84-yard dash snapped a 17-17 tie early in the fourth quarter and propelled Virginia Tech to a 31-17 win that clinched the program's fourth Coastal Division title. Injured early in the season, Williams hadn't even produced a 100-yard game until facing the Hurricanes.

-- Brian Bennett

Yards to Glory - ESPN

Last edited by a moderator:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm hearing/reading that Dechristopher tore a pec muscle - it's being reported that Beamerball thinks he will be out for two weeks. But, a source on twitter posted the following:

BeerControl ebj
torn off the bone ... back in 2 weeks. yeah, sure.
17 minutes ago

If it's torn off the bone, he's probably looking at about two months before he's fully recovered.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I had heard something about different or new uniforms for this season. Does anyone have knowledge of what we will be wearing come Sept?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
hope this forum doesnt get more "robust" anytime soon. any of you guys seen the new garbage @ disney?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3