• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Mariners arm-chair GM offseason thread 2018-2019

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
galvis or iglacias...two year would
be better than one

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if crawford did do well enough to make it to mlb ...and start
galvis would make a good utility......so i like the idea....or crawford as the utility...to start
with....sounds good

either way the mariners wood have good guys up the middle...so i would be good with that

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
posting off a game machine is not the greatest ever.....but it is the holidays......lolololol

as the baseball turnes.....lololol

family and freinds..hoping...alll find thair Happyplace....happy gilmore loloolo

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if crawford did do well enough to make it to mlb ...and start
galvis would make a good utility......so i like the idea....or crawford as the utility...to start
with....sounds good

either way the mariners wood have good guys up the middle...so i would be good with that

I'd try to do my best to get Crawford as much playing time as possible, be at at the major league level or in AAA.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd try to do my best to get Crawford as much playing time as possible, be at at the major league level or in AAA.

i watched some video on crawford....he has some power..when he does hit a HR...it can go far....i think they are just waiting for his hitting to catch up with his feiding
but they say he still makes a few mistakes feilding as well

he is aLH guy....so is gordan...so AAA is ok for now

if he hits over 300 atAAA I would expect him at the mlb lvl soon after

dylan moore is also interesting....milb free agent(from milwalkeeAAA)....FIRT YEARMILBFREEAGENT

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have talked about tradeing vogelbach for a few years now

i think the time is right...and tampa is the trade partner...cuz they dont want
to aford any expencive DH guys

i like a guy in there minors...2b triston gray L/R....6-3..rice(pitt)round13
and..A CBB PICK....that is just me though....lololol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have talked about tradeing vogelbach for a few years now

i think the time is right...and tampa is the trade partner...cuz they dont want
to aford any expencive DH guy
i like a guy in there minors...2b triston gray L/R....6-3..rice(pitt)round13
and..A CBB PICK....that is just me though....lololol

like JEDI...i would send ...randy bell ....as well..south alabama 2017 mariners
round 10

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somehow i think the rays organize nation...got it backward....cuz there AAA is where there mlb should be(new orleans) ....and there mlb is where there
AAA should be(tampa) .....oooohhhh well....disleksick...i guess......LOLOLOLOL

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MERRY CHRISTMAS...…..

Shitters Full.jpg

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem is that I don’t think they have a roster capable of starting him in AAA. Nearly every prospect besides that Mets OF Jerry got is nearly forced to play on the opening day roster because of the 40 man roster he has orchestrated. He seems ready enough though to play every day over when they forced Ackley, Miller, Franklin and Taylor up though.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is that I don’t think they have a roster capable of starting him in AAA. Nearly every prospect besides that Mets OF Jerry got is nearly forced to play on the opening day roster because of the 40 man roster he has orchestrated. He seems ready enough though to play every day over when they forced Ackley, Miller, Franklin and Taylor up though.

yeah...no need to rush it...it is obvious crawford will be at mlb when he is ready....anb he will be at some point....he just needs to keep working hard

good prospect to have ...going forward

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drew pomeranceLHP.30yo..and/or.ervin santana....on a one year prove it deal..
workS FOR ME

if drew was not working out of the rotation...they could put him in the pen...boston did....

then put elias in the rotation

Last edited:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on the Gamel-Satana trade?

I think it's a good pickup for the M's. Santana had a down year last season but his potential is a 30 HR, 90 RBI kind of guy. Strikes out a lot, but he's a definite upgrade from Gamel from offensive standpoint imo. With Yelich, there is no need for Santana.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's a good pickup for the M's. Santana had a down year last season but his potential is a 30 HR, 90 RBI kind of guy. Strikes out a lot, but he's a definite upgrade from Gamel from offensive standpoint imo. With Yelich, there is no need for Santana.

I don’t really think there is a downside to this deal. Only negative that could be really said is Santana will strikeout more but it wouldn’t be a big deal if the Mariners didn’t have Healy and Seager. They need a power bat in the OF. They needed to replace the power they’ve lost with Zunino, Cruz and Cano and I think they have at least on paper have accomplished it.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really think there is a downside to this deal. Only negative that could be really said is Santana will strikeout more but it wouldn’t be a big deal if the Mariners didn’t have Healy and Seager. They need a power bat in the OF. They needed to replace the power they’ve lost with Zunino, Cruz and Cano and I think they have at least on paper have accomplished it.
Even with his strikeout ratios he still a +3WAR player during his most production season couple years ago. Gamel at best was a +1WAR. There's definitely some upside even though I don't know much about his defensive skills.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about his defensive skills.
Sounds like he's our DH, assuming Encarnacion and Bruce are gone.

Milwaukee Brewers: Why Domingo Santana is Playing at Hunter Pence Level in RF
With 2 outs in the top of the 9th, today’s game was sealed with a pop fly to Domingo Santana in RF and closer Jeremy Jeffress had his 10th save of the season. Instead, he seemed to lose it in the lights and the Padres had another chance to tie the game.

Luckily, the Milwaukee Brewers won the game 3-2, but in scenarios like this, it makes you wonder just what is up with RF Domingo Santana. Many saw concerns with former LF Khris Davis and his fielding and seeing another young prospect like Santana isn’t a good sign.

But, let’s compare just where Santana is truly at along with others across MLB in the outfield department. Just how bad is he? (Not a fun question, right?)

We’ll choose to ignore last season with Santana at CF as we know that’s not his true position. Looking at a number of advanced stats through FanGraphs, one name stands out with the young RF that no outfielder cares to be with, Hunter Pence.

Looking at DEF (Fielding Runs + Positional Adjustment / Ranking from worst to best in parenthesis):

(6th) Santana -5.0

(3rd) Pence -6.2.

Only Jay Bruce outdoes the two with -9.0 thus far this season.

What about UZR? (Ultimate Zone Rating – Relative to WAR to measure runs above average)

(3rd) Hunter Pence -4.5

(4th) Domingo Santana -3.9

How about DRS? (Defensive Runs Saved)

(1st) Domingo Santana -9

(2nd) Hunter Pence -6

I certainly could add some more, but that’d be overkill. While Santana doesn’t have as awkward of a delivery in his throw like Pence, he doesn’t read the ball well many times and in some occasions fans on Twitter have joked about his issues in the outfield.

While Hunter Pence was an average fielder early in his career with the Houston Astros and then had more issues with his arm looking at the sabermetrics with the San Francisco Giants, it is a bit concerning just why Domingo Santana is struggling so early on and at quite a young age. At the very least for Pence I can say he’s getting up there at 33 (speaking baseball years), while Santana is quite young being 10 years younger.

Milwaukee Brewers fans remember LF Khris Davis being traded off to the Oakland A’s and he’s in the same repertoire as Santana as he’s (of no surprise) near the bottom in mostly all the same defensive sabermetrics in LF.

Khris Davis (At least 190 innings)

-3.3 DEF (3rd)

-2.3 UZR (2nd)

-1 DRS (12th)

Unfortunately, LF Ryan Braun is ranked closely with Khris Davis in many of these categories, but that’d make for a whole new article. But, this just points out Santana has done far worse than Davis thus far. To try and be on the bright side he’s very athletic, young and has lots of time to learn with a rebuilding team. If anything, hopefully his swing can make up for the “Oh no…” times in the outfield.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with his strikeout ratios he still a +3WAR player during his most production season couple years ago. Gamel at best was a +1WAR. There's definitely some upside even though I don't know much about his defensive skills.

Well Gamel is essentially a great 4th OF because he can play every spot. Just with the whole Cano fiasco last year he was elevated from his normal role of playing 3 times a week into a starter. I mean I’d rather have him in the OF over Gordon but the team needed some offensive pop especially since it appears this is a half ass rebuild and the team is still going to be semi competitive.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Gamel is essentially a great 4th OF because he can play every spot. Just with the whole Cano fiasco last year he was elevated from his normal role of playing 3 times a week into a starter. I mean I’d rather have him in the OF over Gordon but the team needed some offensive pop especially since it appears this is a half ass rebuild and the team is still going to be semi competitive.
Aka Gamel is a utility player. I don’t care much for losing a utility player because they always remind me of Willie Bloomquist.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drew pomeranceLHP.30yo..and/or.ervin santana....on a one year prove it deal..
workS FOR ME

if drew was not working out of the rotation...they could put him in the pen...boston did....

then put elias in the rotation

when it comes down to it.....i well take
pomerance over
santana

so he is the pitcher i think they should go after

i dont like...maney other options
that are left ...other than that
pomerance could fit right in
paxton spot...fill paxtons shoes...aaahh no

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally I like it. I think Santana has a ton of upside at the plate. With this upcoming season being a rebuild I think it makes sense to give him a shot and see if he can get back to the numbers he put up in 2017, if so then you have a building block for the following season/s. Gamel is a solid 4th outfielder and had some hot streaks no doubt, but his ceiling is as a 4th outfielder and Santana has a ceiling much higher imo.