• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

official lol at cliff lee thread

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want to win a WS so im going to go to philly instead of staying with texas...lmao :D

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I posted on their Disney board. Guess he should have taken more money to come to Texas and still be in the playoffs.

I hope he never wins a WS ring, and Texas wins multiple.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

robhea67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Remember he lost his only start in the playoffs. So actually we might not still be in the post season if we were to have signed him. Thanks cliff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember he lost his only start in the playoffs. So actually we might not still be in the post season if we were to have signed him. Thanks cliff!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might not have made it. If we sign him, I don't think we get Beltre. Beltre helped a LOT, and might have gone to LAA had we not got him.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Might not have made it. If we sign him, I don't think we get Beltre. Beltre helped a LOT, and might have gone to LAA had we not got him.

If Beltre goes to LAA because TEX doesn't have the money to sign him after signing Lee ... then LAA has no reason to trade Napoli and Rivera to Toronto for Vernon Wells who they went after when the lost Beltre to TEX.

So we have to thank Cliff for signing with PHL instead of TEX.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Beltre goes to LAA because TEX doesn't have the money to sign him after signing Lee ... then LAA has no reason to trade Napoli and Rivera to Toronto for Vernon Wells who they went after when the lost Beltre to TEX.

As true as that is, I still hate Lee for that crap he pulled.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we should send him a "Glad you're not here" card

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think not saying anything at all says more.

you may be right. you know when we were trying to get him to re-sign i want them to do whatever it needed to get him but now i'm glad we didn't and got Beltre & Napoli instead

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
you may be right. you know when we were trying to get him to re-sign i want them to do whatever it needed to get him but now i'm glad we didn't and got Beltre & Napoli instead

I wanted him signed too ... and thought signing Napoli just created a problem for TEX already having to promote Young's move to DH/1b. I thought Napoli was a one dimensional player ... which combined with Young's defensive liabilities didn't make TEX a better team. Turns out Young has been adequate defensively at 1b ... and Napoli has actually been pretty good at catcher. So JD and the management team was right to let Lee go in favor of Beltre and Napoli moves.

Seems to me that there was one of us back then who doesn't post here who was opposed to the giving Lee the moon and is vindicated for being so outspoken against signing Lee.

We need to remember this moment when the topic of what TEX ought to offer CJ gets heated up this winter. TEX should be dealing with CJ from a position of strength.

Not knowing how this post season will actually turn out ... but if Lee went to PHL be in a better position to get to the post season ... then CJ Wilson may take a look at the aging roster in NYY and see TEX as a better place for him and I don't think he wants to go to LAA and be #3. I think TEX should try and resign CJ ... but he's not worth the farm ... and CJ's options elsewhere may not be better.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still think that re-signing CJ is our #1 priority. #2 is re-signing Gonzalez and then we work on getting contract extensions with Hamilton, Napoli, Cruz, Kinsler & Young during the off-season.

robhea67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love cj but i think he is going to cost to much. We have alot of depth and youth in our starting rotation. Feldman could and should get a chance to start next year. Do you want cj at 34? i do hope he stays.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love cj but i think he is going to cost to much. We have alot of depth and youth in our starting rotation. Feldman could and should get a chance to start next year. Do you want cj at 34? i do hope he stays.

pitchers usually are at their prime thru their mid-30rds so keeping CJ, who has had minimal use on his arm because of starting as a reliever, thru 35, 36 or 37 doesn't seem to be an issue to me.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
pitchers usually are at their prime thru their mid-30rds so keeping CJ, who has had minimal use on his arm because of starting as a reliever, thru 35, 36 or 37 doesn't seem to be an issue to me.

There is no reason why the Rangers shouldn't match any offer that is in the 5-6 year $18-20 million per year range. As you mentioned the guy has minimal innings thrown, and he has only gotten better this year.

I don't think you can let your staff ace walk two years in a row. If they do then they have to go get Darvish, and that is going to be a risky proposition more so than CJ.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reason why the Rangers shouldn't match any offer that is in the 5-6 year $18-20 million per year range. As you mentioned the guy has minimal innings thrown, and he has only gotten better this year.

I don't think you can let your staff ace walk two years in a row. If they do then they have to go get Darvish, and that is going to be a risky proposition more so than CJ.

couldn't agree more. we have to re-sign CJ. we don't have many needs except for him.