• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Broncos News/Rumors Thread

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the Denver Broncos roster have room for 10 draft picks? - Mile High Report

John Elway won’t tell you this, but over the last 24 months, the Broncos underwent a rebuilding project. The roster was churned as veterans were traded off and picks were accumulated. The 2020 off-season is supposed to be the end of this project as a young core moves forward in a new attempt to contend for the playoffs and “win from now on.”

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the Denver Broncos roster have room for 10 draft picks? - Mile High Report

John Elway won’t tell you this, but over the last 24 months, the Broncos underwent a rebuilding project. The roster was churned as veterans were traded off and picks were accumulated. The 2020 off-season is supposed to be the end of this project as a young core moves forward in a new attempt to contend for the playoffs and “win from now on.”

I think Denver has room for 10 draft picks on their roster. And here is how I see it:
  • Need to add a CB for depth with Bausby and Callahan coming off injuries.
  • Adding an ILB at some point to add depth and contribute on special teams
  • Dline depth as Harris and Walker will be free agents after this season.
  • I would like to see 2-3 Oline guys be brought in to compete with the current roster as it has been a point of concern for years. The guys coming out of the draft now will be cheaper and have more upside then what we can find in the free agent market at this point.
  • With the quality of the WR class and the questions we have at the position I would like to see 2 guys added.
  • I think adding a RB would be good as there Freeman has been disappointing, and Gordon and Lindsay are both set to hit free agency in 2 years. Bring a guy in and let him provide depth, and potentially be the guy in 2022.
  • Adding a QB seems likely at some point. The depth behind Lock could be better. Draft someone late and see if you can develop them into a quality backup.
I don't think adding young guys to compete is ever a bad thing. I am fine if we move around a little to get that guy that the coaching staff feels is going take the team to the next level, then I am for it. In two weeks we can have some meaningful conversations about our new first round pick.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget we have Duke Dawson really going into his second season too. I don't want to depend on him to start, but I think he can be our 4th CB. Yiadom will be interesting. How much will he grow? He needs to have a good camp. He finished last year a little better than he started, but that isn't saying a lot.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buccaneers, Broncos & Falcons Interested In Trading Up In Round One | NFLTradeRumors.co

This says our target would be an OL. I still think we have to move up to get one of the top 3 WRs. As far as the cost, according to the chart, our 1st 3rd (77) plus 15 would be enough to get us to 11. 15+77+83 would be very close to getting us to 9.
I think if targeting an OL, moving to 9 is necessary. If wanting to trade up for a WR getting to 11 should do it. But getting Jax or Jets to move down might or might not be possible depending if their targets are there.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buccaneers, Broncos & Falcons Interested In Trading Up In Round One | NFLTradeRumors.co

This says our target would be an OL. I still think we have to move up to get one of the top 3 WRs. As far as the cost, according to the chart, our 1st 3rd (77) plus 15 would be enough to get us to 11. 15+77+83 would be very close to getting us to 9.

Someone asked Allbright abot this this morning and he said he had not heard of Denver looking to trade up though makes sense in my world.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If all 3 WR's are gone we will have a very good player at #15. I hope we stay at 15 or trade down. and pick up another 3rd round pick there is plenty WR's in the 2nd

Reagor or Shenault is solid and will work .

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all 3 WR's are gone we will have a very good player at #15. I hope we stay at 15 or trade down. and pick up another 3rd round pick there is plenty WR's in the 2nd

Reagor or Shenault is solid and will work .
That's pretty much what I was thinking. If all 3 WRs and 4 OL go before us, that is going to push someone down. You can probably bank on at least 3 QBs, then Simmons, Odukah, Young, and Brown. That would leave Henderson and Kinlaw off the top of my head that we would be looking at. Plus, the possibility of someone falling in love with Love and being willing to overpay for a move.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinlaw like, player we were tossing around $14 mill a year for . I would love to have him he is huge and 35 tackles, six sacks in 12 starts did not exactly match how dominant he was at times.

Overview
For a player with so many elite physical traits, Kinlaw's tape was much more inconsistent than expected. He had moments where he was able to use his size, length and power to overwhelm opponents, but poor pad level and an inability to harness his energy coming off the snap led to body control and balance issues that prevented him from reaching his full potential. He can be a disruptive force along the interior with that explosive first step and freaky physical gifts, but utilizing his heavy hands and plus length as a read-and-react 3-4 end might allow for improved technique, control and consistency. No matter the front, Kinlaw's traits and potential could make him a solid starter early in his career.
Strengths
  • Built to intimidate with exceptional physical traits
  • Thickly muscled with long arms and good lean mass
  • Menacing bull-rusher
  • Forceful charge requires two blockers to stall pocket collapse
  • Heavy, violent hands to jolt his foes
  • Flashes "club and (hip) flip" to pull himself past the block
  • Explosive first step
  • Lateral quickness to beat reach blocks and spill it wide
  • Plays high snap total, but motor rarely cools
  • Muddies pass protection with forceful picks on tackle/end twists
  • Length and power to stack and shed
  • Offers scheme/position versatility due to unique size and traits
Weaknesses
  • Gets off the ball a tick slow
  • Playing style lacks control and efficiency
  • Looks great but lacks technique for consistency
  • High-cut and straight-legged into engagement
  • Struggles to absorb down blocks and hold his ground
  • Pads get turned when sliding laterally, causing loss of leverage and fit
  • Inconsistent use of hands to control point of attack
  • Rushes in with wild charge instead of moves and counters
  • Attacks blocks with inconsistent base and balance
This will take our D to a #1 ranking and miller looking wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get bigger on D IMO.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a bull rush nut!!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to keep in mind with Kinlaw is there have been rumors for months that his knee is not good. He told some of the doctors that asked about it at the Senior Bowl that he doesn't remember the last time his knee didn't have pain. So I like the player (question his year 1 impact though with Harris, Jones, and Casey already in the building and Kinlaw being raw). I do know that Kinlaw has a lot of supporters in the building though so we shall see. I would like it if we drafted him but would definitely worry about that knee holding up long-term.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Henderson or Queen before Kinlaw if he has questions about knee

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know if Garret Bolles is on the team in 2021?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Henderson or Queen before Kinlaw if he has questions about knee

I would take Henderson but I wouldn't take Queen before him. Though part of it for me is I like so many of the midround linebackers. Hard for me to want LB in the 1st unless it is we trade all the way back in the round.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Henderson but I wouldn't take Queen before him. Though part of it for me is I like so many of the midround linebackers. Hard for me to want LB in the 1st unless it is we trade all the way back in the round.

Agree with this. I love Queen but the WR’s and Henderson would have to be gone and the trade down would have to be nice.

Queen and Chiasson are two guys id be happy with at positions I don’t see the need to draft early but not totally against on value either.