• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Broncos News/Rumors Thread

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woo hoo, page 69! wacca wacca!!!

(football is good.)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woo hoo, page 69! wacca wacca!!!

(football is good.)

That does it - back to the kids table at Thanksgiving for you.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replaying Manning’s first game as a bronco vs Steelers

sanders Wallace brown h Miller
What a fabulous Set of Recievers Pitts trotted out. Crazy speed

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replaying Manning’s first game as a bronco vs Steelers

sanders Wallace brown h Miller
What a fabulous Set of Recievers Pitts trotted out. Crazy speed

Pretty much been Pitt franchise in a nutshell. Great WR’s one leaves the next fills the #1 role.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good to see them make the list. There are a few names I would disagree with of them making the list and I have to question a little of how they came up with the list. Some players it seems like they were picked for a couple of years of peak play where others were picked for an entire decade of work. If we are talking about just a few years of great play then Manning should have made it over Rodgers. IF we are talking the full decade I would put Drew Brees over that of Rodgers.

I also wouldn't have Patrick Peterson as one of the top CB's. He has had a couple of really good years but he has been about as up and down as they come. Aqib Talib to me should have made it over him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Peterson is a guy I have a hard time biting my lip on. I respect the heck out of his career, and while he was an elite CB at one point of his career it bothers me a bit when people talk about him among the best ever. He belongs on a long list of good NFL CB's, but he doesn't belong on the same line of Champ Bailey, Deion Sanders, Rod Woodson, etc.

I am happy to see Von Miller and Chris Harris on this list. They both deserved it I can honestly say. I would take Chris Harris career over Patrick Peterson's without a question. Peterson is good, but I see these questions on fb who you would rather have Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson, Deion Sanders, Ty Law, Darrelle Revis and Patrick Peterson, Sean Taylor, Ed Reed, Ronnie Lott, Troy Polomaul... Peterson just doen't belong in there with those others.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Peterson is a guy I have a hard time biting my lip on. I respect the heck out of his career, and while he was an elite CB at one point of his career it bothers me a bit when people talk about him among the best ever. He belongs on a long list of good NFL CB's, but he doesn't belong on the same line of Champ Bailey, Deion Sanders, Rod Woodson, etc.

I am happy to see Von Miller and Chris Harris on this list. They both deserved it I can honestly say. I would take Chris Harris career over Patrick Peterson's without a question. Peterson is good, but I see these questions on fb who you would rather have Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson, Deion Sanders, Ty Law, Darrelle Revis and Patrick Peterson, Sean Taylor, Ed Reed, Ronnie Lott, Troy Polomaul... Peterson just doen't belong in there with those others.

Oh for sure. Peterson has some elite qualities to his game, but I think the legend is much bigger than the player. There are plenty of examples of him getting burned over and over when left on an island. He kind of reminds me of Nnamdi for the Raiders. For so long he was viewed as a top-3 CB in the league, but the reality was nobody targeted him because the other CB's were so bad and he was protected a lot. When he was asked to step into that role of leading the defense he crashed. He was still a good CB but not the hype that had been built up most of his career.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib had 35 INTs and 10 TDs in this decade.
Peterson 25 and 1 TD.

Not to knock Harris but he was never a #1 like Aqib.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill as PR is a joke.
Hester has everyone beat by a 2 to 1 or more ratio

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib had 35 INTs and 10 TDs in this decade.
Peterson 25 and 1 TD.

Not to knock Harris but he was never a #1 like Aqib.

Meh- Stats aren't everything especially at CB.. If that was the case Deltha O'Neal would be considered a good CB.

But yeah.. Talib was good.

I think part of the Peterson hype was him as a PR too. They combined the two to somehow make him an elite CB.. He was a good CB, no doubt about that... But he doesn't belong with the others I mentioned earlier.

Chris Harris is probably one of the best slot cover CB's in NFL history.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib was probably actually underrated when you really think about it. I know he was pretty well known, but a CB who probably deserved to be mention among the best when he played. (Still a free agent now)...

When I think of Harris and Talib besides being great CB's that really stick out to me that separate them from many other CB's during their prime is.

Chris Harris- You won't convince me otherwise that there was a CB in the NFL who had quicker footwork then Harris. One of the best to ever man the slot.

Aqib Talib- One of the most physical CB's I have ever see play.

Footwork and physicality.

The year before we brought in Talib we had a very soft D.. Talib, Ward and Ware totally changed out defense around with their physicality they brought.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib a top 5 Denver Bronco's CB of all time -easily.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib was probably actually underrated when you really think about it. I know he was pretty well known, but a CB who probably deserved to be mention among the best when he played. (Still a free agent now)...

When I think of Harris and Talib besides being great CB's that really stick out to me that separate them from many other CB's during their prime is.

Chris Harris- You won't convince me otherwise that there was a CB in the NFL who had quicker footwork then Harris. One of the best to ever man the slot.

Aqib Talib- One of the most physical CB's I have ever see play.

Footwork and physicality.

The year before we brought in Talib we had a very soft D.. Talib, Ward and Ware totally changed out defense around with their physicality they brought.

The other thing that sticks out with those two is just how intelligent they played the position. They knew when to take risks and when to just make the tackle.