• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Official Bengal Draft Thread

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Swap Malcom Brown for Oghuehi and they would of had the best draft in the League. Looks like this draft mean Whitworth or Smith isn't re-signed after next season or Zietler is gone after his option year. Either way 2 of the 3 are gone.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another TE! Order the rings! hahahahahahahaha!!!

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another practice squad TE. Just...no. Barf. Who the fuck is CJ Uzomah?

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shitty draft. Not a single impact guy to be had. The 2 tackles and the LB from TCU might stick around. The rest will be cut.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like that we drafted 2 OL up front. I like Whit moving to guard and I don't have much faith in Smith's ability to stay healthy, or not jump offsides.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for drafting a WR/returner. We are never getting rid of Brandon Tate

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mario Alford. WR from West Virginia. 4.2 forty. There's your return guy.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They missed a perfect chance to draft Peko's replacement in the first round(Malcom Brown). That is my biggest complaint......

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First pick all weekend I like. I'm sure they cut him and keep Tate however. Sick sticks around here.

Tate is a preseason warrior. if the new kid fumbles just one time, he gets the dog house. If he shows any promise as a slot receiver, he'll be playing for Cleveland in 2 years.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They missed a perfect chance to draft Peko's replacement in the first round(Malcom Brown). That is my biggest complaint......
Do you honestly think they are looking to replace Peko?

They should, but they are not. They love him and Rey. Maybe it's the hair?

Eitheway, I think the draft overall was ok. It's hard to be excited when you know going in that the likelyhood of landing an impact player for 2015 was very, very small. If you look at this draft big picture, it's not so bad when you consider 2016 and beyond.

Surprisingly enough, most of the national grades have been fairly kind. Usually in the B to A- range, believe it or not.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys.

we won the draft.

have some kool-aid
ktm_kool-aid.jpg

read the Hobson magic:
Depth chart feels a draft

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the draft was good....And people laughing at Shaw he is a poor man's Richard Sherman press and run interchangeable....Good kid who made up a bad story...The Mofo wasn't arrested for smokin the ganja....LOL The tackles I like....Whit will resign and be asked to play guard and Andre walks....2 young tackles are needed with so many up after 15' and Green to sign which will be 80-100 million.... Hardison will be good in the DT rotation Alford will take Tate's position....Eifert until he comes back we dont know....How many TE's does Pitt and NE use?????? We need TE's....Now we have 2 more and Uzomah will block more than catch.... We always over react..We have a talented roster the Dline will be much better than last year and we have more depth and competition at every position on the roster....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite is the "We could had Dupree" argument.

Ignore the fact that many think he's more of an OLB in a 3-4

Or that he would end up being, at best, 3rd on the rotational depth chart with Dulap and now Johnsno re-signing. Gilberry working back in his rotation role makes it more likely that Dupree would end up 4th, and rarely used...

I think the draft was ok. The tackles add depth, and more certainty at a position where you could potentially lose both starters. I really like the CB out of USC, and the LB out of TCU. I don't care what his 40 time is. If he's chasing guys down for 40+ yards, chances are there are more issues on the defense than just the LB trying to chase him down. The guy moves laterally decent enough, and his reaction time, and ability to read out plays is tops in this draft.

Hell, we even got a CB who is also able to play some saftey, so...everyone should be happy!

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cincyfan, you know its always the end of the world at draft time around here....LOL.... We draft much better these day than what we use to....I have no issues with the picks as none will start and all will be depth....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincyfan, you know its always the end of the world at draft time around here....LOL.... We draft much better these day than what we use to....I have no issues with the picks as none will start and all will be depth....

Oddly enough, the thing that fans wanted the most, a player to get them over the hump was never going to be selected. Why? Because the player who would most get this team over the hump was never going to be addressed: QB.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My favorite is the "We could had Dupree" argument.

Ignore the fact that many think he's more of an OLB in a 3-4

Or that he would end up being, at best, 3rd on the rotational depth chart with Dulap and now Johnsno re-signing. Gilberry working back in his rotation role makes it more likely that Dupree would end up 4th, and rarely used...

That was considerate to Dupree and our divisional rival that we left him on the board for them at 22 because he projects better to a 3-4 OLB. But the most pressing, immediate need on the roster was edge rusher and a really good one fell who also has a 6'4 270 frame that's big enough to play 4-3 DE.

We drafted two tackles in the first two rounds when that's arguably the strongest position on the team. I don't know how you can argue that passing on Dupree for an OT makes sense as a need based pick. Maybe it gives Mike Brown leverage when our OTs hit FA but as a fan that's not high on my priority list this season.

They do have a good track record drafting OL under Alexander so I'll give the player the benefit of the doubt, but he's coming off a torn ACL and gave up 7 sacks when he was moved from the right to left side of the line his senior year. I prefer Dupree at 21.. (imo) better prospect at a bigger position of need. If they did have some type of man crush on Cedric Ogbuehi they could have at least traded back to 24 and picked up a mid rd pick and kept Dupree out of the division. The Bengals can afford the luxury of drafting an OT in the 20s for a redshirt year, but I don't think they had to worry about that being the plan for other teams picking before 24