• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Official Bengal Draft Thread

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers draft a big, fast WR. Luckily they don't have a history of torching us or anything.

The rich get richer. We're too smart to pick an athletic freak on the outside. Coates will look like Lynn Swann when he plays us.

The Bengals however couldn't pass up a TE with two left hands from the legendary Rutgers program. Might as well have picked a 3rd OT. Kroft is a bum. Caught a grand total of 9 passes in 2014. 9...

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Dawson. Another bust from TCU. Slowest LB in the draft and a complete retard off the field. Should fit right in.

I'll give our a draft a solid D+ so far

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kroft pick makes me think our coaches had no idea it was their turn to pick, were about to run out of time on the pick, and pulled a name out of someone's ass. We may as we'll have thrown it away

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a pretty decent draft. Lots of FA's upcoming who will be looking for jobs and college free agents on top of our 9 picks. I like Dawson as well. He is always around the ball making plays. Great instincts make up for lack of 40.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a pretty decent draft. Lots of FA's upcoming who will be looking for jobs and college free agents on top of our 9 picks. I like Dawson as well. He is always around the ball making plays. Great instincts make up for lack of 40.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I may have to put you on ignore. Jesus Christ.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, this is the least exciting bengals draft of all time...

Did we really need another tight end? How many years will he ride the bench?

I suppose we needed linebacker depth. wow... I can hardly stifle my anticipation.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes. Tight End, Linebacker and Offensive Line were all glaring needs.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed with every part. It's pathetic. We are so close to reverting back to the old Bungles. I can feel it coming.

By the way, the Steelers and Ravens have kicked our asses in this draft. That Golson kid from Ole Miss will eat Dalton's lunch. 16 career INTs. Total ballhawk.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, homer's. The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 25 years. Sit down and shut up.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Bengals typically do pretty well in the draft too, and I liked all three of their Day 2 picks. They paired their first-round pick, offensive tackle Cedric Ogbuehi, with second-round offensive tackle Jake Fisher. They're set at tackle for a while. Tyler Kroft of Rutgers is a solid tight end who can block and catch and went late in the third round. Then to finish the third round, the Bengals drafted TCU linebacker Paul Dawson, who didn't work out well at the combine but is a good football player.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, homer's. The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 25 years. Sit down and shut up.

What does this have to do with the current draft? Are you drunk or just not know how to make any sense?

Tyler Kroft will probably get to play in 40% of the Bengals offensive snaps this year. He is a good blocker, underrated hands, he will not stretch the field like a Gronk or Jimmy Graham, but he is a solid player.

Make sure that offensive line doesn't get weak. We got younger, provided quality depth at a position that is soon to be a major need. IT will free up money for Green's extension, and it keeps a solid blocking line from tackle to tackle along with TE to block for our biggest offensive weapon, Jeremy Hill.

I think Marvin is realizing that Andy Dalton is not the solution, but he doesn't like his options out there either, so instead of settle for someone potentially worse than Dalton, you stay familiar and you build your offense around the running game and Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard.

Paul Dawson is a good player. Even Solomon Wilcox said that besides Randy Gregory, Paul Dawson may be the steal of the first 3 rounds. Not that one mans opinion makes a difference, but it is a national analyst opinion.

Besides, don't we have two 4th round picks?

Maybe we might pick up DT Michael Bennett from OSU and then DE Za'Darius Smith KYU.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2061139/zadarius-smith
Maybe WR in the 5th with: Darren Waller, Georgia Tech.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crash, you're like RFM on the Reds board. The Bengals can do no wrong. They could lose for 100 years and it wouldn't matter.

I'm not gonna be a homer. The Bengals drafted 2 tackles because they will be cheaper than the 2 established veterans. PERIOD. Same old shit.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crash, you're like RFM on the Reds board. The Bengals can do no wrong. They could lose for 100 years and it wouldn't matter.

I'm not gonna be a homer. The Bengals drafted 2 tackles because they will be cheaper than the 2 established veterans. PERIOD. Same old shit.

I think they drafted 2 tackles because they were he best on the board at the time of their pick, had Miami not take Jordan Phillips at pick 52, I think Phillips would be a Bengal right now. I think they still resign Whitworth to a new 3 year deal, let Andre go. Then you have plenty of time for the one guy to heal, and you have a tremendous backup in case Whitworth gets hurt since he has had a track record of injury.

I think the Bengals do plenty wrong. I have been bitching about them all off season.

However, that cash that would have been going to Andre, is now ear marked for Green.

Kroft will play more because we are going to run the ball a lot this next year and we like two TE sets. Eifert can be great, but he is always injured and we have no backup TE now except Kroft. Kroft will get tons of playing time.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they drafted 2 tackles because they were he best on the board at the time of their pick, had Miami not take Jordan Phillips at pick 52, I think Phillips would be a Bengal right now. I think they still resign Whitworth to a new 3 year deal, let Andre go. Then you have plenty of time for the one guy to heal, and you have a tremendous backup in case Whitworth gets hurt since he has had a track record of injury.

I think the Bengals do plenty wrong. I have been bitching about them all off season.

However, that cash that would have been going to Andre, is now ear marked for Green.

Kroft will play more because we are going to run the ball a lot this next year and we like two TE sets. Eifert can be great, but he is always injured and we have no backup TE now except Kroft. Kroft will get tons of playing time.

Or vice versa, since both the new picks are LT's, maybe we let Whitworth go and resign Andre.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrific. Another DB. And one that lies about jumping off balconies so save little kids like some kind of superhero. This draft just gets better and better.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...I remember this fucking idiot. Jesus fucking Christ.

And Grant, an actual real CB, goes the very next pick to an actual real team.

WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD THEY NOT TAKE GRANT IF THEY WERE DEAD SET ON TAKING A CB? WHY?!?!