• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be too optimistic but the pitching situation is looking better now than I thought it was going to a month ago. Colby and Harry may not be completely back but looking better for sure. Perez coming along nicely. Have complete faith Ogando will work out fine til' Derek gets back.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be too optimistic but the pitching situation is looking better now than I thought it was going to a month ago. Colby and Harry may not be completely back but looking better for sure. Perez coming along nicely. Have complete faith Ogando will work out fine til' Derek gets back.

You did say "I may be too optimistic" on the get go. And I concur.

I truly appreciate what Perez has done and think he's going to be terrific. But to expect him to handle 180 innings this year may be a stretch IMO.

We could really, really so benefit from Colby coming back and taking up some slack.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I truly appreciate what Perez has done and think he's going to be terrific. But to expect him to handle 180 innings this year may be a stretch IMO.

We could really, really so benefit from Colby coming back and taking up some slack.

Why would that be a stretch?

He pitched a combined 167 innings last year between minors and majors and that's with missing time due to a broken bone

I wouldn't necessarily expect 200, but 180 should be the next step up for him, which probably means not getting injured, which isn't a stretch considering pitching injuries aren't in his past injury history

1) struck by a batted ball (broken ulna) - 2013
2) Lower back strain -2010
3) Torn fingernail - 2010

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I read this as well, Perez has needed a fastball with movement for a while now and nice to see he's finally comfortable adding the cutter, his 4 seam is just too straight and he can't throw it by hitter at the ML level

Greg Maddux should be able to coach him up on this pretty well

We definitely have a good pitching coach and you add his brother to help out at ST that is some kind of tandem.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We definitely have a good pitching coach and you add his brother to help out at ST that is some kind of tandem.
Yes it is and things are looking better. Not completely there yet but better. I'm encouraged.:clap:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Colby will be more of a stretch than Perez.IMO

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby will be more of a stretch than Perez.IMO

Yeah. Honestly, if we get anything from Colby this will be a blessing for sure. And wouldn't this sincerely be great to see him bounce back and pick up where he left off before being injured.

My point with Perez was 180 may be too optimistic, but certainly not unheard of.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you all seen the piece out on ESPN Dallas with JP impersonating Kurkjian? He had Kurkjian and Kruk just cracking up. And his piece on Andrus was great.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This video is also greatness...

Last edited by a moderator:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone see's "Wilson" on the lineup card........they instantly think its Russell.
The "wilson" is Josh Wilson. -_-

Buncha freakin idiots.

1) Russell isnt in camp.
2) Russell isnt playing in a game this ST (they've already stated so).
3) He doesnt play shortstop.
4) Have I mentioned he isnt even in camp yet?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone see's "Wilson" on the lineup card........they instantly think its Russell.
The "wilson" is Josh Wilson. -_-

Buncha freakin idiots.

1) Russell isnt in camp.
2) Russell isnt playing in a game this ST (they've already stated so).
3) He doesnt play shortstop.
4) Have I mentioned he isnt even in camp yet?

Yeah, that is pretty lame. He made it pretty clear and it was widely reported that he isn't going to camp till March 3rd- you would figure they would follow this sort of stuff seeing as how its their job.

Didn't know he wasn't going to be playing at all in ST though, I had hoped we would at least get one ST game with him.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that is pretty lame. He made it pretty clear and it was widely reported that he isn't going to camp till March 3rd- you would figure they would follow this sort of stuff seeing as how its their job.

Didn't know he wasn't going to be playing at all in ST though, I had hoped we would at least get one ST game with him.

He's supposedly showing up Monday now.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe they don't televise all of the games yet. I have my subscription left over on MLB.tv from last year, but still can't watch the Rangers.