• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offensive line?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that was before Farmer tore it up this spring...I would have nailed it had I been able to make the prediction last week :D

I think I could have almost nailed it last week. Much more risk involved when you do the prediction 45 days in the past.

Give yourself credit, you got the O Line nailed. You at least know someone that knows about the O line. You have good sources.

Now, ask that source what they think of the defense. After me stewing on it for the past 16 hours, I do not think Mark Banker is going to get the defense into the Top 40, which was my hope. It was 64th in 2015.

9th against the run
121st against the pass, pass rush and a completely new Pass Defense Package did not mix well.
76th in scoring defense

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I could have almost nailed it last week. Much more risk involved when you do the prediction 45 days in the past.

Give yourself credit, you got the O Line nailed. You at least know someone that knows about the O line. You have good sources.

Now, ask that source what they think of the defense. After me stewing on it for the past 16 hours, I do not think Mark Banker is going to get the defense into the Top 40, which was my hope. It was 64th in 2015.

9th against the run
121st against the pass, pass rush and a completely new Pass Defense Package did not mix well.
76th in scoring defense

I think we will be improved, but it HAS to hurt losing 4 of your 3 deep at DT, and we still don't have enough DE's thanks to Bop

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

9th against the run
76th in scoring defense
DL will be razor thin. Stoltenberg being ready to go is a necessity...will need him starting next to Maurice. All those named Davis need some work. Freedom will be a threat on the edge in the pass game. Pray for no injuries because we really can't afford them. You're not gonna like it because I know how you feel about Banker, but he loves the scheme. We just have some serious personnel issues. Our top 11 should be good. We need them to stay healthy though.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL will be razor thin. Stoltenberg being ready to go is a necessity...will need him starting next to Maurice. All those named Davis need some work. Freedom will be a threat on the edge in the pass game. Pray for no injuries because we really can't afford them. You're not gonna like it because I know how you feel about Banker, but he loves the scheme. We just have some serious personnel issues. Our top 11 should be good. We need them to stay healthy though.

TY for the update.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current Starting OL
L Tackle Nick Gates
L Guard Gerald Foster RS FR
C Dylan Utter
R Guard Tanner Farmer RS FR
R Tackle David Knevel

2nd String
L Tackle Christian Gaylord RS FR
L Guard Jalin Barnett RS FR
C Michael Decker RS FR
R Guard Corey Whitaker
R Tackle Sam Hahn

Five of them are redshirt freshmen

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we should enjoy watching the growth of youth with a real coach this year.
Not the year to fire anyone, just to set expectations.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current Starting OL
L Tackle Nick Gates
L Guard Gerald Foster RS FR
C Dylan Utter
R Guard Tanner Farmer RS FR
R Tackle David Knevel

2nd String
L Tackle Christian Gaylord RS FR
L Guard Jalin Barnett RS FR
C Michael Decker RS FR
R Guard Corey Whitaker
R Tackle Sam Hahn

Five of them are redshirt freshmen

So what you're saying is that we should be pretty good in a few years.