• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic Lounge

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anderson and the Magic Man didn't have the year that RGIII did. And Joe Webb did beat us. Remember that?

Yes but they had solid years & at the time were thought to have lots of potential just like RG3. Well - if Webb won that game that was one of the few - he is a very forgetable player. Oh well - you guys sound a bit too serious for me. Go Wizards / Go Caps.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but they had solid years & at the time were thought to have lots of potential just like RG3. Well - if Webb won that game that was one of the few - he is a very forgetable player. Oh well - you guys sound a bit too serious for me. Go Wizards / Go Caps.

Yes, go Wiz and Caps! It'll be hard keeping up with both tonight. Hope Wall can play, that's if he can make sure he doesn't screw up his hand long term a la RGIII in the Seattle playoff game. And it's choke time or bust for the Caps. Can't believe it got this far. We were 1:41 from winning the series in Game 5.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, do you realize those are the legal principles that apply to Tom Brady and other union members covered by a CBA? How are they not going to raise those as issues?

As a member of the union, he agreed as did other union members to a certain conduct to afford him employment. Part of that was not intentionally violating league rules. By adjusting his equipment intentionally to be out of compliance, he may have actually violated agreed upon union conduct rules. Now will the union protect and represent him?? Yes, as it well should. But to say that every one does it, hence he cant be punished is a reach. Every one does it, most I would suspect stay within the legal limits of doing it as it is an accepted practice to a degree. But supposed they were doing it to a degree where they had one set of balls for pass plays, and another for rushing plays. Again its not that he manipulated the balls, its that he adjusted them to a point that was outside the accepted norm for Ball adjustment. The fact that it did or did not help him is irrelevant.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that there's a difference between what the Pats have done and how that applies to Brady as an individual. Those are two different issues.

You could be right. However - we live in a world where perception is just as important as reality, and the perception of many is that Brady was behind a lot of this & was in the wrong. There is a good chance that this suspension is reduced since there certainly are some gray areas. That won't change the minds of many who view the team & Brady in a different light. That may not apply to you & some others, but it does to quite a lot of other people.

Also - Brady & other players on the Pats will be judged differently by many just because they are a part of that organization. Again - not right or wrong - just reality. You or I don't have to like that fact.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you can't think straight, man. What competitive advantage did Brady or anyone else get from the doctored balls? Zero. The fact that this whole issue arose out of the Colts game magnifies the scattershot logic you and others who espouse this bankrupt view hold. There's nothing to support the fact that there was some outcome determinative edge Brady or the Pats got by softer ball. On the flip side, the deflated balls comes with a corresponding competitive disadvantage. And that's the fact the ball's velocity decelerates. That may very well be the reason why D'Qwell Jackson picked off Brady in the first half and felt the ball being a bit soft. If there's no edge someone gets from letting air out of the ball, it means zilch, nada, nil when the balls got deflated and how long this has been going on. As I noted earlier, just about everyone else does it. And in the article I've linked below, some QBs like Aaron Rodgers actually inflate balls. While I don't usually agree with the author of the article on most things, she writes a fantastic piece that nukes what you've been saying. Read her article. She makes eminent sense.

DeflateGate punishments are NFLs weak attempts to right its own wrongs - The Washington Post

this is the most foolish thing ever uttered or defended in print

i have broken this down for you umpteen times so i will go over it again , all players get a better grip on offense , wrs , rbs and qbs . better grip means better control meaning more catches , less fumbles , more accurate throws .. that is not disputable, hence you get a COMPETITIVE advantage by doing it

the next question the brady apologists like yourself wallow in and wont answer is if it makes no difference then why freaking do it ? answer because it does

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a member of the union, he agreed as did other union members to a certain conduct to afford him employment. Part of that was not intentionally violating league rules. By adjusting his equipment intentionally to be out of compliance, he may have actually violated agreed upon union conduct rules. Now will the union protect and represent him?? Yes, as it well should. But to say that every one does it, hence he cant be punished is a reach. Every one does it, most I would suspect stay within the legal limits of doing it as it is an accepted practice to a degree. But supposed they were doing it to a degree where they had one set of balls for pass plays, and another for rushing plays. Again its not that he manipulated the balls, its that he adjusted them to a point that was outside the accepted norm for Ball adjustment. The fact that it did or did not help him is irrelevant.

That's not correct, Shark. The "everybody does it" factor is something that can be considered, like it or not. If a female gets busted for watching NSFW stuff at work and there's a rule against that, she obviously violated a rule. But what if she can show that other guys did the same thing and didn't get busted? An arbitrator could rule that she violated the rule (though some arbitrators may view the inconsistent application of the rule as a basis to say there was no violation at all), but take the disparate treatment she received to reduce if not basically eliminate the discipline she received. The arbitrator can also take into account the fact that if she did it once or twice, the effect on the company was minimal and that too should be taken into account. You may disagree that those shouldn't be considered, but those are part of the calculus an arbitrator will weigh when assessing this all out. And they make complete common sense.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right. However - we live in a world where perception is just as important as reality, and the perception of many is that Brady was behind a lot of this & was in the wrong. There is a good chance that this suspension is reduced since there certainly are some gray areas. That won't change the minds of many who view the team & Brady in a different light. That may not apply to you & some others, but it does to quite a lot of other people.

Also - Brady & other players on the Pats will be judged differently by many just because they are a part of that organization. Again - not right or wrong - just reality. You or I don't have to like that fact.

I'll say it again. The NFL really screwed this up. While Brady may have done this in the past, they used the Colt game, where the Pats routed them 45-7, as the impetus for this whole inquiry. It's clear that the deflated balls had no effect on that game and, as it turns out, it has a correspondingly negative effect as well. Also, it comes out that this type of ball doctoring has been going on for decades. Yet, Goodell, in his eminently grand wisdom decides to become a crusading zealot and make an example of someone who violated a rule that most agree didn't provide a competitive advantage. If Goodell were smart, he'd have treated this like the pine tar incident MLB handled years ago.

Acknowledge there's an issue, have the league assume responsibility for handling game equipment, and proceed from there.

Stupid.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the most foolish thing ever uttered or defended in print

i have broken this down for you umpteen times so i will go over it again , all players get a better grip on offense , wrs , rbs and qbs . better grip means better control meaning more catches , less fumbles , more accurate throws .. that is not disputable, hence you get a COMPETITIVE advantage by doing it

the next question the brady apologists like yourself wallow in and wont answer is if it makes no difference then why freaking do it ? answer because it does

This is just moronic now. Yeah, he can get a better grip on the ball. But how does the translate into changing the result of a game? That's what counts. And guess what? Deflating a ball comes with it a corresponding disadvantage. Do you have a problem comprehending basic facts?

So tell me, dad, what would've happened in the AFC Championship Game, you know the one where the Pats routed the Colts 45-7, if Brady didn't deflate those balls? Please, oh please, answer this question intelligently. I will also add that you yourself noted that there are plenty of other factors that play into how a game turns out. As I noted previously, this serves only to buttress the points I've been making --> i.e., you can't tell what, if any, effect the deflated balls had on the game.

Last edited:

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat from former Redskin Ryan Clark today. BenJarvis Green-Ellis in 4 seasons with NE had ZERO fumbles. In 2 seasons with the Bengals he's had 5...so obviously, a deflated ball is a competitive advantage.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just moronic now. Yeah, he can get a better grip on the ball. But how does the translate into changing the result of a game? That's what counts. And guess what? Deflating a ball comes with it a corresponding disadvantage. Do you have a problem comprehending basic facts?

So tell me, dad, what would've happened in the AFC Championship Game, you know the one where the Pats routed the Colts 45-7, if Brady didn't deflate those balls? Please, oh please, answer this question intelligently. I will also add that you yourself noted that there are plenty of other factors that play into how a game turns out. As I noted previously, this serves only to buttress the points I've been making --> i.e., you can't tell what, if any, effect the deflated balls had on the game.

the only thing moronic here is how you cant understand how less dropped passes , less fumbles and more accurate passing does not equate to an advantage hence changing the outcome of a game

you are too smart a poster not to know that those advantages can change events especially in close games

are you so caught up in the colts game stupidity that you dont understand that since 2007 , when these allegations first surfaced , that it had no effect on ANY game ?

there is no way to know how much the colt game was affected by it . how do you know how, when where a dropped pass or a fumble changes the complexion of a game ? there is no way to judge that what if a ball is overthrown or bungled by a wr and it goes for a pick six for the colts and its 7-0 colts . then the pats turn and hand the ball off to ben vereen who fumbles it inside there own 20 and luck converts it to a TD and its 14-0 colts . what does that do to the colts mental side . i bet its boosted . next on a cold day brady sails a 4th and 3 pass over then head of gronk at the 50 and luck cashes it in to a FG and its 17-0 . what does that do to the rout now ? so that is how intelligently it could have changed the game but we cant possibly KNOW that now can we ?

do you naively think he was punished soley for the colts game ? he wasnt , it was an accumulation of events , lying , failing to cooperate with the investigation , and past history of cheating by the team .

there isnt a qb in the NFL that doesnt KNOW everything that happens with the ball he USES in a game . troy aikman said that the day after the colts game

the other thing is you cant prove that it didnt . no matter how much you spin it you have no way of knowing how it affected the game ,none what so ever any more then i do

and again you dodge this question every time because you have no answer to it

if there is no gain to deflating balls then why do it ? because IT DOES make a difference or else you would not have guidelines for it now would we ?

this is all basic stuff here

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again. The NFL really screwed this up. While Brady may have done this in the past, they used the Colt game, where the Pats routed them 45-7, as the impetus for this whole inquiry. It's clear that the deflated balls had no effect on that game and, as it turns out, it has a correspondingly negative effect as well. Also, it comes out that this type of ball doctoring has been going on for decades. Yet, Goodell, in his eminently grand wisdom decides to become a crusading zealot and make an example of someone who violated a rule that most agree didn't provide a competitive advantage. If Goodell were smart, he'd have treated this like the pine tar incident MLB handled years ago.

Acknowledge there's an issue, have the league assume responsibility for handling game equipment, and proceed from there.

Stupid.

prove it didnt i tell you there is no way to know that either way . what i can tell you is brady got caught , lied about it and obstructed the investigation . those are the facts

the nationa;l press knows this . hell fox news channel and all the cable news outlets no matter what side of the political fence you sit on had concerns about the pats and brady cheating . to simply call "pine tar " and move on wont cut it

it doesnt matter if it has gone on for decades . tough shit the guy who got caught was brady

i dont give a shit about pine tar , you dont pass baseball bats , you throw baseballs and they have rules about that and if you get caught you are thrown out of the game , fined , and possibly suspended for it and it doesnt matter that it has "gone on for years " to the guy who got caught . we can give him a help line phone number 1-800 waa-aaaa

the "crusading zealot " got a lot of heat from the national press about this . you me and the people on this board KNOw about this stuff but the casual novice who spends large money on the superbowl stuff gets a little nervous when he finds out one of the teams in the super bowl cheated to get in

add to it his closeness to the pats owner and you get questions of integrity coming out much like the 1919 black sox scandal

so sorry your hero got busted and he will have to pay the piper . if the suspension is reduced so be it but to keep pushing "other people do it " and it didnt mean anything " defense is grade school and beneath a poster of your quality

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prove it didnt i tell you there is no way to know that either way . what i can tell you is brady got caught , lied about it and obstructed the investigation . those are the facts

the nationa;l press knows this . hell fox news channel and all the cable news outlets no matter what side of the political fence you sit on had concerns about the pats and brady cheating . to simply call "pine tar " and move on wont cut it

it doesnt matter if it has gone on for decades . tough shit the guy who got caught was brady

i dont give a shit about pine tar , you dont pass baseball bats , you throw baseballs and they have rules about that and if you get caught you are thrown out of the game , fined , and possibly suspended for it and it doesnt matter that it has "gone on for years " to the guy who got caught . we can give him a help line phone number 1-800 waa-aaaa

the "crusading zealot " got a lot of heat from the national press about this . you me and the people on this board KNOw about this stuff but the casual novice who spends large money on the superbowl stuff gets a little nervous when he finds out one of the teams in the super bowl cheated to get in

add to it his closeness to the pats owner and you get questions of integrity coming out much like the 1919 black sox scandal

so sorry your hero got busted and he will have to pay the piper . if the suspension is reduced so be it but to keep pushing "other people do it " and it didnt mean anything " defense is grade school and beneath a poster of your quality

You still have ZERO clue. ZERO. Once again for the umpteenth time, I'm NOT talking about whether Brady violated the rule. I'm talking about the scope of the punishment and the factors bearing on whether it was excessive. Do I have to explain this to you again? Despite the fact that he did violate the rule and got to grip the ball better, how much of an impact did that have on the Colts game or any other game for that matter? The reason why MLB didn't think anything of the pine tar incident was because, like the ball deflation, it too had little if anything to do with how George Brett turned and homered off of Goose Gossage. There are other factors to discuss too, but this is about the simplest I can state it for you.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still have ZERO clue. ZERO. Once again for the umpteenth time, I'm NOT talking about whether Brady violated the rule. I'm talking about the scope of the punishment and the factors bearing on whether it was excessive. Do I have to explain this to you again? Despite the fact that he did violate the rule and got to grip the ball better, how much of an impact did that have on the Colts game or any other game for that matter? The reason why MLB didn't think anything of the pine tar incident was because, like the ball deflation, it too had little if anything to do with how George Brett turned and homered off of Goose Gossage. There are other factors to discuss too, but this is about the simplest I can state it for you.

Dude, you are basically saying that because his attempt to cheat might not have helped him that much, he should not have been punished as harshly as he was. Thats like saying because Some one tried to shoot his wife in the head, but ultimately only blew off her pinky toe, he should only be charged with aggravated assault instead of attempted murder. The punishment has EVERYTHING to do with his intent and not the ultimate outcome. And this is as it should be. If a guy takes steroids to make himself a better LB, but still sucks even after he bulks up to WWF standards, should his punishment be any less because it ultimately had no effect even though he clearly violated a known rule??

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only thing moronic here is how you cant understand how less dropped passes , less fumbles and more accurate passing does not equate to an advantage hence changing the outcome of a game

you are too smart a poster not to know that those advantages can change events especially in close games

are you so caught up in the colts game stupidity that you dont understand that since 2007 , when these allegations first surfaced , that it had no effect on ANY game ?

there is no way to know how much the colt game was affected by it . how do you know how, when where a dropped pass or a fumble changes the complexion of a game ? there is no way to judge that what if a ball is overthrown or bungled by a wr and it goes for a pick six for the colts and its 7-0 colts . then the pats turn and hand the ball off to ben vereen who fumbles it inside there own 20 and luck converts it to a TD and its 14-0 colts . what does that do to the colts mental side . i bet its boosted . next on a cold day brady sails a 4th and 3 pass over then head of gronk at the 50 and luck cashes it in to a FG and its 17-0 . what does that do to the rout now ? so that is how intelligently it could have changed the game but we cant possibly KNOW that now can we ?

do you naively think he was punished soley for the colts game ? he wasnt , it was an accumulation of events , lying , failing to cooperate with the investigation , and past history of cheating by the team .

there isnt a qb in the NFL that doesnt KNOW everything that happens with the ball he USES in a game . troy aikman said that the day after the colts game

the other thing is you cant prove that it didnt . no matter how much you spin it you have no way of knowing how it affected the game ,none what so ever any more then i do

and again you dodge this question every time because you have no answer to it

if there is no gain to deflating balls then why do it ? because IT DOES make a difference or else you would not have guidelines for it now would we ?

this is all basic stuff here

Look at the statement I bolded for you. You again are making my case. If you can't tell how the ball deflation affected the Colts game, that's one huge argument against why you give Brady a quarter-season suspension. Yes, Brady, by deflating the balls, gets to grip them better. But how much of an advantage does that give him? As you just stated, you don't know. Here's another way of looking at this: if he didn't deflate the balls, do you think he'd be any different? And I stated previously, deflation actually can work against him. In particular, by deflating the balls, it cuts down on velocity. That may very well be the reason why he threw that pick to D'Qwell Jackson in the first half of the Colts game.

This is no different than how MLB expertly handled the pine tar incident. They duly conceded that George Brett violated the pine tar rule. But guess what? They also correctly concluded that the pine tar had basically zip to do with the homer he hit off of Goose Gossage. Same thing here. Just because Brady is looking for an advantage, it doesn't mean he actually gets one or that it will actually impact a game in any meaningful manner. Unless you can show that, all this is nonsense.

And there are other issues as well. How about the fact that the Colts themselves played with deflated balls? And what about other QBs like Aaron Rodgers who inflates them so he can optimize velocity on the balls? If you're going to suspend Brady four games, why not do the same thing for Luck, who played in the very same game with his own doctored balls? Or what about Rodgers? Four game suspension as well? If you have any shred of common sense, you'll see where this is headed. And that's the fact that if Goodell doesn't hold anyone else accountable, he's basically singling out Brady.

In the end, you've basically got Brady violating a rule that has a pine-tar like impact and one that everyone else violates, including the opposing QB in the game that gave rise to those whole issue in the first place. If you still think this makes common sense to you, be my guest.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you are basically saying that because his attempt to cheat might not have helped him that much, he should not have been punished as harshly as he was. Thats like saying because Some one tried to shoot his wife in the head, but ultimately only blew off her pinky toe, he should only be charged with aggravated assault instead of attempted murder. The punishment has EVERYTHING to do with his intent and not the ultimate outcome. And this is as it should be. If a guy takes steroids to make himself a better LB, but still sucks even after he bulks up to WWF standards, should his punishment be any less because it ultimately had no effect even though he clearly violated a known rule??

No, I'm not. As I explained before, punishment is based on a number of factors and often depends on the nature of the offense committed. When you're trying to kill someone, that's a whole lot different than when you're violating a rule in a technical manner. You can't commit a murder or attempt to do so in a technical way. But let's stay with your example. Suppose you "murder" someone as a "mercy killing." While that's still criminally culpable conduct, when it comes down to the punishment, the motivation and circumstances of the "murder" will be taken into account when doling out punishment. In those cases, the punishment is often much less severe than for others who kill for other purposes.

Another good example is an actual case in LA a few decades ago. There, a female Korean grocer shot a female African American teen in the back when she stole OJ from her store. The Korean lady got convicted of manslaughter. But what was her punishment? Probation. Why? Because she was able to show that, among other things, the victim got belligerent with her and stole things and that while she was holding a loaded gun after the victim had turned around, she didn't mean to fire the gun. While that's still murder, the issue of punishment was a whole different thing. When the judge considered those circumstances I just mentioned, the judge freed the Korean lady.

While you may want to debate the wisdom of the judge's ruling in that case, it goes to show you the issue of guilt and punishment can be very, very different things.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting convo gentleman, I do have a question for you guys though. Aaron Rogers has admitted that he prefers and gets game footballs overinflated (a tad beyond rule limits) because he gets more distance on throws. Maybe it's psychological, maybe not, but couldn't it be argued that he gains an unfair advantage because there are fewer interceptions of underthrown passes? Just asking, thanks!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you are the one who keeps harpring on "it didnt affect the game " and "prove that it did " and "everybody does it " MR . not me you keep asking me about this and that i am not asking you

the above quote gave you the factors involved from every conceivable area

i told you in another thread how it could have affected the game but here i will break it down for you again

first drive of the game a nervous NE pats wr lets a properly inflated ball slip threw his hands and the cb picks it off for a pick six and the colts go up 7-0 . the next drive brady turns and hands the ball of to ben vereen and the he takes a vicious hit in the backfield and the ball squirts out inside the 20 . luck cashes in and its 14 to 0 . later in the quarter beli tries to jump start the pats and goes for a 4th and 3 at the 50 and passes the ball to gronk buts its otherthrown as the ball slips ever so slightly causeing it to sail over head . luck cashes in and its 21-0 colts . pretty big turn around from 45 -7 eh ?

now i cant prove this would happen . there is no way to know however the fact is the colts did play with balls that were at or near the standard while the pats balls were woefully off the mark

now you keep asking me how it affected the game and i have given you a scenario showing how it could have

you keep wanting to use , everyone does it , it didnt affect the game etc etc etc and when someone says hey it did well we are being moronic and cant see your enlightened viewpoint

well let me clue you in . i get everything you are saying . everything , and i disagree with your viewpoint and believe your defenses for brady's actions are grade school and are feeble and weak . there is nothing to "get " . in my opinion its wrong

so short of throwing holy water on me you are wasting your time with me just like the scherff debate . i am not changing my position no matter how many spins , scenarios etc you want to throw out

we have told you over and over again he isnt being nailed for breaking that rule . he lied and obstructed the investigation coupled with accusations dating back to 2007 . that is why he is getting hit hard by it and he should

if he simply came out and said , hey the equipment guys got a little overzealous with my instructions then this is a meager 25000 fine and we are done with it but he didnt , he lied and obstructed justice as well and the national sports and news media get a hold of it and the slap on the wrist goes the way of the dinosaur

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting convo gentleman, I do have a question for you guys though. Aaron Rogers has admitted that he prefers and gets game footballs overinflated (a tad beyond rule limits) because he gets more distance on throws. Maybe it's psychological, maybe not, but couldn't it be argued that he gains an unfair advantage because there are fewer interceptions of underthrown passes? Just asking, thanks!

yes he is getting an advantage and if he gets caught depending on how he cooperates with the investigation he should be punished accordingly

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are the one who keeps harpring on "it didnt affect the game " and "prove that it did " and "everybody does it " MR . not me you keep asking me about this and that i am not asking you

the above quote gave you the factors involved from every conceivable area

i told you in another thread how it could have affected the game but here i will break it down for you again

first drive of the game a nervous NE pats wr lets a properly inflated ball slip threw his hands and the cb picks it off for a pick six and the colts go up 7-0 . the next drive brady turns and hands the ball of to ben vereen and the he takes a vicious hit in the backfield and the ball squirts out inside the 20 . luck cashes in and its 14 to 0 . later in the quarter beli tries to jump start the pats and goes for a 4th and 3 at the 50 and passes the ball to gronk buts its otherthrown as the ball slips ever so slightly causeing it to sail over head . luck cashes in and its 21-0 colts . pretty big turn around from 45 -7 eh ?

now i cant prove this would happen . there is no way to know however the fact is the colts did play with balls that were at or near the standard while the pats balls were woefully off the mark

now you keep asking me how it affected the game and i have given you a scenario showing how it could have

you keep wanting to use , everyone does it , it didnt affect the game etc etc etc and when someone says hey it did well we are being moronic and cant see your enlightened viewpoint

well let me clue you in . i get everything you are saying . everything , and i disagree with your viewpoint and believe your defenses for brady's actions are grade school and are feeble and weak . there is nothing to "get " . in my opinion its wrong

so short of throwing holy water on me you are wasting your time with me just like the scherff debate . i am not changing my position no matter how many spins , scenarios etc you want to throw out

we have told you over and over again he isnt being nailed for breaking that rule . he lied and obstructed the investigation coupled with accusations dating back to 2007 . that is why he is getting hit hard by it and he should

if he simply came out and said , hey the equipment guys got a little overzealous with my instructions then this is a meager 25000 fine and we are done with it but he didnt , he lied and obstructed justice as well and the national sports and news media get a hold of it and the slap on the wrist goes the way of the dinosaur

There you go again. You restate the fact that you "can't prove this would happen." No kidding. Aside from that, what about the other factors bearing on his punishment? Why don't you then look at Luck? Or Rodgers?

Have you ever supervised anyone? Let's suppose you're a supervisor a got advised that female employee violated your company's rules because she watched some racy photos of guys without their shirts on. But then that same person tells you that her male colleagues always watch NSFW stuff that's far more raunchy. What do you do then? Do you conclude that she violated the rule and then discipline her? And what do you do with the other males who were also culpable?

Under your view, you'd nail the lady saying that she violated a rule and give her something like a week suspension. After that, you'd simply let the other males skate. Sound fair to you?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the statement I bolded for you. You again are making my case. If you can't tell how the ball deflation affected the Colts game, that's one huge argument against why you give Brady a quarter-season suspension. Yes, Brady, by deflating the balls, gets to grip them better. But how much of an advantage does that give him? As you just stated, you don't know. Here's another way of looking at this: if he didn't deflate the balls, do you think he'd be any different? And I stated previously, deflation actually can work against him. In particular, by deflating the balls, it cuts down on velocity. That may very well be the reason why he threw that pick to D'Qwell Jackson in the first half of the Colts game.

This is no different than how MLB expertly handled the pine tar incident. They duly conceded that George Brett violated the pine tar rule. But guess what? They also correctly concluded that the pine tar had basically zip to do with the homer he hit off of Goose Gossage. Same thing here. Just because Brady is looking for an advantage, it doesn't mean he actually gets one or that it will actually impact a game in any meaningful manner. Unless you can show that, all this is nonsense.

And there are other issues as well. How about the fact that the Colts themselves played with deflated balls? And what about other QBs like Aaron Rodgers who inflates them so he can optimize velocity on the balls? If you're going to suspend Brady four games, why not do the same thing for Luck, who played in the very same game with his own doctored balls? Or what about Rodgers? Four game suspension as well? If you have any shred of common sense, you'll see where this is headed. And that's the fact that if Goodell doesn't hold anyone else accountable, he's basically singling out Brady.

In the end, you've basically got Brady violating a rule that has a pine-tar like impact and one that everyone else violates, including the opposing QB in the game that gave rise to those whole issue in the first place. If you still think this makes common sense to you, be my guest.

brady didnt violate the pine tar rule , you dont throw baseball bats you throw a ball and the pine tar incident has nothing to do at all with it at all NOTHING and i will not accept it as a defense or comparison

talk to me about altering the baseball and its penalty because that is something your throw and catch and it is similar to throwing a football because it is a ball and not a piece of freaking wood

no one else got caught .