• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic Lounge

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again. You restate the fact that you "can't prove this would happen." No kidding. Aside from that, what about the other factors bearing on his punishment? Why don't you then look at Luck? Or Rodgers?

Have you ever supervised anyone? Let's suppose you're a supervisor a got advised that female employee violated your company's rules because she watched some racy photos of guys without their shirts on. But then that same person tells you that her male colleagues always watch NSFW stuff that's far more raunchy. What do you do then? Do you conclude that she violated the rule and then discipline her? And what do you do with the other males who were also culpable?

Under your view, you'd nail the lady saying that she violated a rule and give her something like a week suspension. After that, you'd simply let the other males skate. Sound fair to you?

and you cant PROVE that it didnt effect the game you have no proof what so ever

i am a 20 year army vet and you are asking me if i supervised anyone ? please

what do you think i would do ? i would investigate the charges and if they have merit i would punish accordingly and as a former 1st sgt i have that authority all by my lonesome

but we have toapped danced all over this before havent we . i said if anyone else gets caught that they should be punished as well

so your point is what ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way does his failure to cooperate and commission of a technical violation amount to a four-game suspension. In reading about why he got suspended, it appears that his failure to cooperate was the impetus for punishing him here. But let's stick with the subject. If Brady is getting punished for doctoring balls, why not start doing the same for others. If they cooperate, let's suspend them for two games? Sound fair?

And the doctoring of baseballs is something that's been shot down in a prior post. There's a HUGE difference between the two. HUGE.

yeah but the basball bat is much closer and you havent shot down anything you just dodge it

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is not the cheater that Lance Armstrong is. He is the cheater that Aaron Rodgers is. Or Andrew Luck is. Or just about every other QB or kicker in the league is. Why not investigate them? How come you can't answer that?

Or why can't you answer the question about punishments for mercy killing or that Korean grocer case?

And dad hasn't given me an answer to that hypothetical I posed about a supervisor handling the issue of a rule violation committed by a female employee and other male employees.

i am looking real hard on the net and havent found one case where any other qb was caught altering a ball, not one so when did rodgers get reprimanded again ?

show me proof that luck altered a ball ? havent seen it yet

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is so strange is the Pats continue to cheat and have proven that they don't need to. They bring it on themselves so no sympathy from me.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again how do you know the other 31 teams doctor balls in such a way as to try and gain an unfair advantage?? You dont, you assume because it fits the defense of brady cheating.

That's what came out during (not necessarily in) the Wells investigation. For instance, we know for sure that Rodgers inflates balls. And we know that the Colts balls were doctored too. Why not investigate at least those two to start with? And whether or not others tampered with balls in the same or worse way than Brady did should be the subject of an investigation. That's my point. Yet the NFL isn't willing to do that. And neither are you. That's a huge hole in your analyses.

Did you read that hypothetical I posed about the female and male employees violating a company rule forbidding NSFW material? Try answering that.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you cant PROVE that it didnt effect the game you have no proof what so ever

i am a 20 year army vet and you are asking me if i supervised anyone ? please

what do you think i would do ? i would investigate the charges and if they have merit i would punish accordingly and as a former 1st sgt i have that authority all by my lonesome

but we have toapped danced all over this before havent we . i said if anyone else gets caught that they should be punished as well

so your point is what ?

First of all, it's not my burden to prove that it didn't affect the game. It's your burden to carry that it did. Looks like, as always, you can't.

Also, if you're going to investigate everybody, then why isn't the NFL? What they're basically doing is punishing the female employee for violating the rules, but letting the males skate. But I suppose that sounds fair to you, right?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but the basball bat is much closer and you havent shot down anything you just dodge it

Huh?! MLB and anyone that knows anything about baseball knew that the extra pine tar on Brett's bat had zero to do with the homerun. In fact, they noted that the extra pine tar would actually be detrimental.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, it's not my burden to prove that it didn't affect the game. It's your burden to carry that it did. Looks like, as always, you can't.

Also, if you're going to investigate everybody, then why isn't the NFL? What they're basically doing is punishing the female employee for violating the rules, but letting the males skate. But I suppose that sounds fair to you, right?

it isnt my burden to prove that it did , the nanny nanny pooh argument is up next

so far no charges have been brought up on others hence no investigation when they do then we will see

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh?! MLB and anyone that knows anything about baseball knew that the extra pine tar on Brett's bat had zero to do with the homerun. In fact, they noted that the extra pine tar would actually be detrimental.
great and when baseball pitchers throw bats i will listen

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am looking real hard on the net and havent found one case where any other qb was caught altering a ball, not one so when did rodgers get reprimanded again ?

show me proof that luck altered a ball ? havent seen it yet

Ummmmm, you haven't looked hard enough. Try the Sally Jenkins article I cited. Rodgers inflates balls. Why? He's got big enough hands to grip them and the inflated balls increase velocity in them.

So, let's say we just limit this discussion we're having to Rodgers for the time being. Do we investigate him? And do we suspend him too? If so, how long? Unlike Brady, who got a corresponding disadvantage when he deflated balls, Rodgers get no such downside by inflating them.

Ball's in your court.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it isnt my burden to prove that it did , the nanny nanny pooh argument is up next

so far no charges have been brought up on others hence no investigation when they do then we will see

In any debate and in our system of justice, if you're the one asserting something, you carry the burden. This isn't Napoleonic France or some jihadist governmental scheme here.

As for the lack of investigation, try answering the question. Should there be one? If there isn't, isn't just like the example of disciplining the female employee but letting the males go free?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is so strange is the Pats continue to cheat and have proven that they don't need to. They bring it on themselves so no sympathy from me.

I agree with that. Brady didn't need to deflate the balls. He would've been just as fine with legally inflated ones. Which leads me to my main point that they provided just about zero competitive advantage to him.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid slams NFL for suspending Tom Brady - CNNPolitics.com

Cmon guys - as per above - this is just an attempt by the NFL to cover up one of the real issues. Can't wait till Reid croaks - what an ass.

Reid is one asshat for pointing out the Redskins name. He sparked a firestorm of criticism by using '*****' in connection with Obama a few years back.

Thankfully, he won't seek re-election in 2016. He was lucky not to lose his seat to Tea Party Republican Sharon Angle in 2010, who ran a campaign with a rinky-dink staff and nearly won.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here we go, dad. It's an excerpt from a PFT article regarding the Colts footballs. Four of them were found to be deflated. Then, the NFL stopped testing the other balls. PFT supplies a theory as to why, but I'll admit, at least for now, that that's a guess. But what's not a guess is the fact that there were four deflated balls and the league just said, "hey, no need to continue testing the Colts eight other balls." It also discusses the possibility that the balls, both Patriots and Colts, were deflated because of the elements, thus casting some doubt on Wells' conclusion that there was a rule violation in the first place. But the key point here is that, because there were four deflated Colts balls, why wasn't there an investigation as them?

Again, in my hypothetical, Brady is the female employee you busted for violating the rules, and the Colts are the males you let go scot-free. Is that how you handled supervision and discipline as 20-year army vet?

Some believe that the testing of the Colts footballs ended not because time was running short, but because the air pressure readings from one of the two gauges showed that three of the four Colts balls tested under 12.5 PSI. As the theory/hypothesis goes, one or more people supervising the process at that point didn’t want to know the results for all 12 Colts footballs, once it appeared that 75 percent of those tested had moved from at or above 13 PSI before the game to less than 12.5 PSI at halftime.

To understand the potential reaction of those involved in testing the footballs at halftime, it’s important to consider that, as former NFL official and supervisor of officials Jim Daopoulos said on Tuesday’s PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio, game officials previously didn’t understand that air pressure drops when footballs are exposed to the elements. So when the readings for the 11 Patriots footballs were coming in below 12.5, the automatic assumption would have been tampering. Then, when the readings for the Colts footballs began coming in consistently below 12.5 on one of the two gauges, the reaction may have been confusion — and, if anyone in the room had a specific agenda against the Patriots, frustration.

“This isn’t about the Colts footballs,” someone possibly may have declared when realizing that the measurements from the Colts footballs was muddying the narrative that the Patriots had been caught cheating.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In any debate and in our system of justice, if you're the one asserting something, you carry the burden. This isn't Napoleonic France or some jihadist governmental scheme here.

As for the lack of investigation, try answering the question. Should there be one? If there isn't, isn't just like the example of disciplining the female employee but letting the males go free?

well you asserted , not me, that it didnt have an affect on the game so is it selective assertions now ?

Ummmmm, you haven't looked hard enough. Try the Sally Jenkins article I cited. Rodgers inflates balls. Why? He's got big enough hands to grip them and the inflated balls increase velocity in them.

So, let's say we just limit this discussion we're having to Rodgers for the time being. Do we investigate him? And do we suspend him too? If so, how long? Unlike Brady, who got a corresponding disadvantage when he deflated balls, Rodgers get no such downside by inflating them.

Ball's in your court.

show me because i haven't seen it . i did see the interview in which rodgers likes his balls inflated to the max but nowhere did i see where he admitted to breaking any rules

and of course if he did then the NFL should take action

so post ole girls article and i will look at it

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here we go, dad. It's an excerpt from a PFT article regarding the Colts footballs. Four of them were found to be deflated. Then, the NFL stopped testing the other balls. PFT supplies a theory as to why, but I'll admit, at least for now, that that's a guess. But what's not a guess is the fact that there were four deflated balls and the league just said, "hey, no need to continue testing the Colts eight other balls." It also discusses the possibility that the balls, both Patriots and Colts, were deflated because of the elements, thus casting some doubt on Wells' conclusion that there was a rule violation in the first place. But the key point here is that, because there were four deflated Colts balls, why wasn't there an investigation as them?

Again, in my hypothetical, Brady is the female employee you busted for violating the rules, and the Colts are the males you let go scot-free. Is that how you handled supervision and discipline as 20-year army vet?

i didnt bust anyone for violating any rules i said i would investigate it and if the facts bear out a punishment i would enforce it , get it right

so far the colts or packers havent been charged with anything and until they are then we have no case at all

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you asserted , not me, that it didnt have an affect on the game so is it selective assertions now ?

show me because i haven't seen it . i did see the interview in which rodgers likes his balls inflated to the max but nowhere did i see where he admitted to breaking any rules

and of course if he did then the NFL should take action

so post ole girls article and i will look at it

You were the one that had admitted, one more than one occasion, that it was impossible to know whether there was a competitive. You've now shifted gears. Ball's in your court on that one.

Rodgers won't admit to breaking the rules but inflating the balls like that is also against the rules. Kickers also do that to make balls harder so they can kick them farther. The NFL has known about that too but has done nothing about it.

Here is Sally's article: DeflateGate punishments are NFLs weak attempts to right its own wrongs - The Washington Post

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt bust anyone for violating any rules i said i would investigate it and if the facts bear out a punishment i would enforce it , get it right

so far the colts or packers havent been charged with anything and until they are then we have no case at all

As for the hypothetical, that's the correct answer. What's not a correct answer is that you're okay with the NFL not looking into other instances of ball tampering, which they know happens and happened. By saying that, you're then back to busting the female and not doing anything with respect to the males.