• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic Lounge

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the hypothetical, that's the correct answer. What's not a correct answer is that you're okay with the NFL not looking into other instances of ball tampering, which they know happens and happened. By saying that, you're then back to busting the female and not doing anything with respect to the males.

who said they werent ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what came out during (not necessarily in) the Wells investigation. For instance, we know for sure that Rodgers inflates balls. And we know that the Colts balls were doctored too. Why not investigate at least those two to start with? And whether or not others tampered with balls in the same or worse way than Brady did should be the subject of an investigation. That's my point. Yet the NFL isn't willing to do that. And neither are you. That's a huge hole in your analyses.

Did you read that hypothetical I posed about the female and male employees violating a company rule forbidding NSFW material? Try answering that.

I read your hypothetical... and again I will simply say that line of thinking is flawed and a big part of whats wrong with the legal system in this country. Instead of saying well we cant punish person A because apparently every one does it, you need to start making harsher examples of person A and then just maybe persons B-Z will start to follow the rules better. If my job comes out and says, no checking face book at work, yet every one does it. If HR walks past my cube mate and says thats a violation of company policy and fires my cube mate, what are the odds IM going to check my face book from work going forward?? On the flip side if they just suspend my cube mate, or just give them a verbal warning, what do you think the odds are it cuts down on the breaking of the rules.

The problem with this society and the concept of justice as a whole is, you have to bend or break the rules repeatedly in most cases before any one is REALLY willing to punish some one. And even then we apparently lean towards the concept of mercy. You want to stop people from forcing themselves on women... castrate the convicted. Publicly. I bet that would give pause to the next Darren Sharper. You want to stop guys from doctoring balls or taking PEDs. Start banning players for life.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who said they werent ?

You got any evidence that they're looking into other QBs, kickers, and teams? If this issue was so important, why did the NFL stop testing the Colts other eight balls when the first four came up short of 12.5 psi?

Basically, you're back to saying you'd bust the gal but not the guys.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were the one that had admitted, one more than one occasion, that it was impossible to know whether there was a competitive. You've now shifted gears. Ball's in your court on that one.

Rodgers won't admit to breaking the rules but inflating the balls like that is also against the rules. Kickers also do that to make balls harder so they can kick them farther. The NFL has known about that too but has done nothing about it.

Here is Sally's article: DeflateGate punishments are NFLs weak attempts to right its own wrongs - The Washington Post

there is no way to know either way but i go back to the question you dodge all the time

if there is no advantage to it then why do it ? that is all that needs to be said

sally jenkins article is about nothing with no facts supporting her case , same lame ass "reporting " she has always done sorry that doesnt cut the mustard

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read your hypothetical... and again I will simply say that line of thinking is flawed and a big part of whats wrong with the legal system in this country. Instead of saying well we cant punish person A because apparently every one does it, you need to start making harsher examples of person A and then just maybe persons B-Z will start to follow the rules better. If my job comes out and says, no checking face book at work, yet every one does it. If HR walks past my cube mate and says thats a violation of company policy and fires my cube mate, what are the odds IM going to check my face book from work going forward?? On the flip side if they just suspend my cube mate, or just give them a verbal warning, what do you think the odds are it cuts down on the breaking of the rules.

The problem with this society and the concept of justice as a whole is, you have to bend or break the rules repeatedly in most cases before any one is REALLY willing to punish some one. And even then we apparently lean towards the concept of mercy. You want to stop people from forcing themselves on women... castrate the convicted. Publicly. I bet that would give pause to the next Darren Sharper. You want to stop guys from doctoring balls or taking PEDs. Start banning players for life.

My hypothetical is a bit different, Shark. It isn't whether, if you find the female doing it, you've got to look at other males. It's the fact that, if you find the female doing it, but also know males are doing the same thing, and you bust the female but not males, there's a huge issue with that.

In Brady's case, they busted him knowing that just about everyone else does this. And it's not just QBs, it's kickers too, especially on days when the elements can lead to ball deflation. But despite knowing this, they decide to come after him. And what's more is the fact that they knew that four of the Colts balls were deflated too.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no way to know either way but i go back to the question you dodge all the time

if there is no advantage to it then why do it ? that is all that needs to be said

sally jenkins article is about nothing with no facts supporting her case , same lame ass "reporting " she has always done sorry that doesnt cut the mustard

In her article, Jenkins does report some undisputed facts. In the first half, when the Pats were working with deflated balls, they were pretty pedestrian. In the second half with properly inflated balls, they were dominant. I'm not sure why Brady thinks he needs to deflate balls, but that's not the issue. The issue is what actually happened. And, on that, you fall well short.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got any evidence that they're looking into other QBs, kickers, and teams? If this issue was so important, why did the NFL stop testing the Colts other eight balls when the first four came up short of 12.5 psi?

Basically, you're back to saying you'd bust the gal but not the guys.

you have any evidence that they arent ? nanny nanny pooh pooh BS all over again.

i have said this for the 3rd time i would check them all out girl or guy and take it from there so stop putting quotes to me that arent mine

i will tell you this , if anyone would have gotten special treatment it is the pats because kraft is roger's boy so enough of this BS CSI crap

now i am tired of debating this stupid shit you arent changing me , i dont care about your reasoning the courts will deal with it now

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In her article, Jenkins does report some undisputed facts. In the first half, when the Pats were working with deflated balls, they were pretty pedestrian. In the second half with properly inflated balls, they were dominant. I'm not sure why Brady thinks he needs to deflate balls, but that's not the issue. The issue is what actually happened. And, on that, you fall well short.

from whom give up a name ?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have any evidence that they arent ? nanny nanny pooh pooh BS all over again.

i have said this for the 3rd time i would check them all out girl or guy and take it from there so stop putting quotes to me that arent mine

i will tell you this , if anyone would have gotten special treatment it is the pats because kraft is roger's boy so enough of this BS CSI crap

now i am tired of debating this stupid shit you arent changing me , i dont care about your reasoning the courts will deal with it now

Ok, let me ask you this then, dad. If the NFL won't investigate anyone else, including the Colts who had those four deflated balls, is that a problem for you? If it isn't, you'd be the guy who busts the females and not the males despite knowing each has done the same thing.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i am done with this , for 3 threads and x amount of days i have debated this i am combining the threads and i am moving away from this debate

you have your view i have mine and i dont care about anymore talking points

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from whom give up a name ?

Huh? It's a fact that the balls were deflated only in the first half. If you want to look up how Brady and the Pats did in each respective half, go look at the game logs on ESPN's NFL Scoreboard.

Are you kidding me?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, let me ask you this then, dad. If the NFL won't investigate anyone else, including the Colts who had those four deflated balls, is that a problem for you? If it isn't, you'd be the guy who busts the females and not the males despite knowing each has done the same thing.

if , if was a 5th then we all would be drunk

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? It's a fact that the balls were deflated only in the first half. If you want to look up how Brady and the Pats did in each respective half, go look at the game logs on ESPN's NFL Scoreboard.

Are you kidding me?
give me a name or stop the BS

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. Brady didn't need to deflate the balls. He would've been just as fine with legally inflated ones. Which leads me to my main point that they provided just about zero competitive advantage to him.

Your point still has zero credibility. It's not about the end results, it's about protecting the integrity of the game.
Fans simply have to believe there is a level playing field, otherwise it's pro wrestling

Again the Colts game is not the only game effected. The Ravens game was so close it could have gone either way. The fumble stats are pretty damning too. And while I said they probably didn't need to cheat it doesn't change the fact that they cheated, got caught, lied, and tried to cover up.

That'll cost you every time.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give me a name or stop the BS

What do you mean give you name? If you want to look up the fact that the balls were deflated just for the first half, read the Wells report. It's all over the Internet. If you want to see how that Pats and Brady did in each respective click on ESPN.

Say what?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean give you name? If you want to look up the fact that the balls were deflated just for the first half, read the Wells report. It's all over the Internet. If you want to see how that Pats and Brady did in each respective click on ESPN.

Say what?
i am done with it period

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point still has zero credibility. It's not about the end results, it's about protecting the integrity of the game.
Fans simply have to believe there is a level playing field, otherwise it's pro wrestling

Again the Colts game is not the only game effected. The Ravens game was so close it could have gone either way. The fumble stats are pretty damning too. And while I said they probably didn't need to cheat it doesn't change the fact that they cheated, got caught, lied, and tried to cover up.

That'll cost you every time.

Have you read my prior points? If it's integrity you're protecting, the Colts did it too. As the Wells report came out, it was disclosed that everyone else did the same thing. In fact, the Colts had four deflated balls too. Yet, despite the 'cheating,' the Pats did poorly with the deflated balls, but played dominantly with the inflated ones.

To simply say that because there was a rules violation and that justifies the punishment he got is really simplistic thinking. There is a facial validity to that view, but when you take a look at all of the moving parts to this issue, it's hardly that simple.

And remember, my point has always been that Brady did violate the rules (though that may be changing as well). My point, however, is that the punishment was too harsh.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you read my prior points? If it's integrity you're protecting, the Colts did it too. As the Wells report came out, it was disclosed that everyone else did the same thing. In fact, the Colts had four deflated balls too. Yet, despite the 'cheating,' the Pats did poorly with the deflated balls, but played dominantly with the inflated ones.

To simply say that because there was a rules violation and that justifies the punishment he got is really simplistic thinking. There is a facial validity to that view, but when you take a look at all of the moving parts to this issue, it's hardly that simple.

And remember, my point has always been that Brady did violate the rules (though that may be changing as well). My point, however, is that the punishment was too harsh.

I'll ask you the same question: have you read my prior points? You continue to act as if this punishment is entirely for deflating footballs. It's not, it's for the entire situation and the most everyone understands that the lying, covering up, not cooperating fully, and the team's history played a big role in the punishment.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll ask you the same question: have you read my prior points? You continue to act as if this punishment is entirely for deflating footballs. It's not, it's for the entire situation and the most everyone understands that the lying, covering up, not cooperating fully, and the team's history played a big role in the punishment.

I understand that as well. As someone who conducts investigations, I confront that type of issue every now and then. If it's the perp, that would definitely be something to take into account if a rule violation is found and the violation was serious. But if the violation was ticky-tack and the guy or gal was being obstructionist, the penalty I'd recommend wouldn't be much. The major issue in any investigation is to determine whether a wrong was committed; if so, you determine the gravity of the wrong and issue punishment based on that and other factors.