• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic Lounge

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I think the team should be slammed, and I find it hard to accept that Brady did not gain from prior acts of cheating. IM willing to bet that after Hardy and Rice, most players will think long and hard before they pimp slap the baby momma no matter how irritating she might be.

You'd think that would be the case, but you know that crap will continue. By the way, isn't it way late in Jax? I'm already getting sleepy and ready to turn in. I'll be rooting for our beloved Bullets errr Wiz to take a series lead with the hopes of clinching it at Verizon. I must say that they've done an admirable job without John Wall, and a lot of kudos should go out to Ramond Sessions. Keep the faith, man!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think that would be the case, but you know that crap will continue. By the way, isn't it way late in Jax? I'm already getting sleepy and ready to turn in. I'll be rooting for our beloved Bullets errr Wiz to take a series lead with the hopes of clinching it at Verizon. I must say that they've done an admirable job without John Wall, and a lot of kudos should go out to Ramond Sessions. Keep the faith, man!

I generally work the west coast shift at my day job. SO I usually hit the rack at about 1:00 AM EST since my work day starts at 10:00 AM. And Im holding out hope for the Wizards and the Caps tomorrow night. Although game seven against the Rangers usually turns out badly.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not "butt hurt " but if that makes you feel better then go for it . i gave him my standard 3 years i give anyone we draft . ANYONE ! dont believe me , ask the long term posters , my standards dont change , i gave JC the 3 years , ask shark about that

again wrap yourself around silly comparisons all you want . he is a bust period at this point

as for potential that ship has sailed redskinsfan. time to say what he is and not what abstract potential he may show

i say do it on the field and then i will change but Rg3 has used up the potential card

Silly is a good way to describe the comparison between Griffin and Webb. Then again you were the one who made it, then defended it.

But you are right, he IS a bust at this point. But as mentioned above one of the 3 years you gave him was spectacular. But my real issue here is there are no other options, not for the forseable future. If you think the answer is Kirk Cousins well then you would be alone as none of the other GMs in the league think so which is why the Redskins phone failed to ring on the guy on 2 straight off seasons. (This is my attempt to keep the post on track with the thread subject).

So why not ride this bus a little longer? To totally bail on the guy when there is absolutely no viable P;an B is kind of dumb IMO.

Last edited:

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB's should have the right to play with the type of balls that feel best in his hand; be em deflated or overly plump... but back to football. This was never a problem before nor will I see it a problem in the future. A one time deal to hit the team hard that everyone loves to hate. Brady and his cockiness about his balls being just fine was the reason for his suspension.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So should a tall team be allowed to raise the baskets? Should a fast team be allowed to extend the sidelines?

Come on guys, they are just trying to get everyone to play by the rules. Judging from the 2nd half of the Indy game I doubt you will see a difference. I wil be interested to see the fumble stats for the Patriots going forward.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what you will see is a more concerted effort by the NFL to measure balls before the game.....and a new way of handeling them after measurment.....The refs or someone paid by the league will be responsible for taking them to the field...No longer will a team employee be in charge of the balls after they refs have deemed them ok for play

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
show me on the field period until then he is joe webb

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Belichek know that Brady refused to give up the phone? I find it hard to believe he did not.
Don't you think since this most likely would have bad consequences to his team that he would tell him, "Tom, give them the phone or the punishment to our team will be worse"?
So Belichek is lucky he does not get a suspension as well.

Tom laid his team out to dry by not giving up the phone, or he was told not to by his head coach.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the NFL just give future opponents reason to continually complain about the condition of footballs tailored to one QB's liking and not the other?........Or will there be much tighter controls on game balls?

Either way, the game just got worse! In the first instance, there will be more investigations and allegations, most will be true but I'll bet, aimed at gaining a competitive edge. In the latter, newer, slicker, non-doctored footballs will lead to a whole host of comedic though costly errors.

The NFL itself (and not the teams) needs to handle balls and other type of game equipment. Just let the costume nazis they've got patrolling the sidelines who cite players for not pulling up their socks enough to add that to their narrow list of duties.

As the Wells investigation dragged on, it came out that just about every QB and kicker has doctored balls in one fashion or another. If that's the case, why doesn't the NFL start investigating everyone else and suspending them for four games or so? This was a poorly thought gambit by the league, which is, of course, nothing new for them.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL itself (and not the teams) needs to handle balls and other type of game equipment. Just let the costume nazis they've got patrolling the sidelines who cite players for not pulling up their socks enough to add that to their narrow list of duties.

As the Wells investigation dragged on, it came out that just about every QB and kicker has doctored balls in one fashion or another. If that's the case, why doesn't the NFL start investigating everyone else and suspending them for four games or so? This was a poorly thought gambit by the league, which is, of course, nothing new for them.

Not disputing that the other players doctored balls....but I will say this.......Those balls were doctored before given to the refs for examination...they didnt however, alter the fucking balls after the ref checked them over...That is the issue.........

You keep forgetting that it was done AFTER the refs had the balls inspected!!!!

big difference in doctoring balls before being approved by refs and doctoring AFTER......

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disputing that the other players doctored balls....but I will say this.......Those balls were doctored before given to the refs for examination...they didnt however, alter the fucking balls after the ref checked them over...That is the issue.........

You keep forgetting that it was done AFTER the refs had the balls inspected!!!!

big difference in doctoring balls before being approved by refs and doctoring AFTER......

You sound like Roger Gooddell. And no it doesn't matter. Not one bit. And others do it too. (The Colts had balls that were altered.) In the end, I don't care when the balls were doctored. So long as the doctoring was of the cosmetic variety (deflation, extra tacking, etc), it ain't no big deal. The NFL screwed itself again by failing to appreciate the bigger picture here. And you're sounding just like the NFL by relying on details and ticky-tack facts that really should've been taken care of without an investigation, much less one that Wells charged more than $1M to produce. What's worse is that they're bugging out over some so-called competitive advantage Brady got arising out of game that they won 45-7. Just laughable.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound like Roger Gooddell. And no it doesn't matter. Not one bit. And others do it too. (The Colts had balls that were altered.) In the end, I don't care when the balls were doctored. So long as the doctoring was of the cosmetic variety (deflation, extra tacking, etc), it ain't no big deal. The NFL screwed itself again by failing to appreciate the bigger picture here. And you're sounding just like the NFL by relying on details and ticky-tack facts that really should've been taken care of without an investigation, much less one that Wells charged more than $1M to produce. What's worse is that they're bugging out over some so-called competitive advantage Brady got arising out of game that they won 45-7. Just laughable.

No i'm not talking about the colts game...Im talking about something he has done for years......and weather you say it doesnt matter, you my friend are full of shit..........When it is done prior to the refs looking them over and after are totally different........The ref looks over the balls, measures PSI and approves them....all a level playing field as far as doctored balls...then after the fact that it was approved...1 team changes said balls.....makes it completly different....

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No i'm not talking about the colts game...Im talking about something he has done for years......and weather you say it doesnt matter, you my friend are full of shit..........When it is done prior to the refs looking them over and after are totally different........The ref looks over the balls, measures PSI and approves them....all a level playing field as far as doctored balls...then after the fact that it was approved...1 team changes said balls.....makes it completly different....

Dude, you can't think straight, man. What competitive advantage did Brady or anyone else get from the doctored balls? Zero. The fact that this whole issue arose out of the Colts game magnifies the scattershot logic you and others who espouse this bankrupt view hold. There's nothing to support the fact that there was some outcome determinative edge Brady or the Pats got by softer ball. On the flip side, the deflated balls comes with a corresponding competitive disadvantage. And that's the fact the ball's velocity decelerates. That may very well be the reason why D'Qwell Jackson picked off Brady in the first half and felt the ball being a bit soft. If there's no edge someone gets from letting air out of the ball, it means zilch, nada, nil when the balls got deflated and how long this has been going on. As I noted earlier, just about everyone else does it. And in the article I've linked below, some QBs like Aaron Rodgers actually inflate balls. While I don't usually agree with the author of the article on most things, she writes a fantastic piece that nukes what you've been saying. Read her article. She makes eminent sense.

DeflateGate punishments are NFLs weak attempts to right its own wrongs - The Washington Post

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you can't think straight, man. What competitive advantage did Brady or anyone else get from the doctored balls? Zero. The fact that this whole issue arose out of the Colts game magnifies the scattershot logic you and others who espouse this bankrupt view hold. There's nothing to support the fact that there was some outcome determinative edge Brady or the Pats got by softer ball. On the flip side, the deflated balls comes with a corresponding competitive disadvantage. And that's the fact the ball's velocity decelerates. That may very well be the reason why D'Qwell Jackson picked off Brady in the first half and felt the ball being a bit soft. If there's no edge someone gets from letting air out of the ball, it means zilch, nada, nil when the balls got deflated and how long this has been going on. As I noted earlier, just about everyone else does it. And in the article I've linked below, some QBs like Aaron Rodgers actually inflate balls. While I don't usually agree with the author of the article on most things, she writes a fantastic piece that nukes what you've been saying. Read her article. She makes eminent sense.

DeflateGate punishments are NFLs weak attempts to right its own wrongs - The Washington Post

Im not going to go around and around with you on this anymore......

Continue to think what you want as it is obvious that you cant seperate your "legalmind" from common fucking sense......

You can continue to fight the Patriots fight all you want and be wrong....

I will continue to know that me and the rest of us uneducated folk, know more then you

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not going to go around and around with you on this anymore......

Continue to think what you want as it is obvious that you cant seperate your "legalmind" from common fucking sense......

You can continue to fight the Patriots fight all you want and be wrong....

I will continue to know that me and the rest of us uneducated folk, know more then you

Not quite, man. It has nothing to do with being educated or not. What I'm telling you is common sense. Even that dimwit Sally Jenkins got it. Doctoring balls has gone on for decades. Read Jenkins article and try not to be closed-minded like she usually is. When someone doctors a ball in a more than non-cosmetic way, I'll begin to agree with you. But until then, it doesn't matter. If anything, you're on some legal mind track like Goodell is. Both of are you way overthinking this when this is basically a simple issue. Like I've said before, this is the NFL's version of the pine tar incident. MLB got it right. And, like always, the NFL led by Goodell got it wrong. Dead wrong.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite, man. It has nothing to do with being educated or not. What I'm telling you is common sense. Even that dimwit Sally Jenkins got it. Doctoring balls has gone on for decades. Read Jenkins article and try not to be closed-minded like she usually is. When someone doctors a ball in a more than non-cosmetic way, I'll begin to agree with you. But until then, it doesn't matter. If anything, you're on some legal mind track like Goodell is. Both of are you way overthinking this when this is basically a simple issue. Like I've said before, this is the NFL's version of the pine tar incident. MLB got it right. And, like always, the NFL led by Goodell got it wrong. Dead wrong.

Ok...i had to...you drew me back.....

I have concieded that the balls have been doctored for years by various QBs, and teams!!!! but......NOT DONE AFTER THE REFS LOOKED them over and said...ok...these are fine.... The issue is doing after it was done that!!!

can't you see that difference??? that is the issue'

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...i had to...you drew me back.....

I have concieded that the balls have been doctored for years by various QBs, and teams!!!! but......NOT DONE AFTER THE REFS LOOKED them over and said...ok...these are fine.... The issue is doing after it was done that!!!

can't you see that difference??? that is the issue'

Again, I don't see why that's a problem. The issue isn't when they were doctored, it's the issue of whether the doctoring gives someone an edge. It doesn't and it in fact sets you back in other ways. Like I said, you're the guy trying to take this to some legal, esoteric level in the same way that Wells' report does. I'm the guy saying 'pine tar incident.' As surfers out in Huntington Beach or Venice Beach would say, B.F.D.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one asked for the phone. What was asked was info regarding specific texts (not all), that could have been thoroughly vetted by TBs attorney BEFORE being handed over. The answer was no from TB. Telling.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I don't see why that's a problem. The issue isn't when they were doctored, it's the issue of whether the doctoring gives someone an edge. It doesn't and it in fact sets you back in other ways. Like I said, you're the guy trying to take this to some legal, esoteric level in the same way that Wells' report does. I'm the guy saying 'pine tar incident.' As surfers out in Huntington Beach or Venice Beach would say, B.F.D.

If you cant see that it is a problem after the ref looks it over and says its ok...then dude...you have a problem.....

thats like a person looking over a car to buy....doing the paperwork and coming out to find the sterio has been removed..... spare tire removed....and the windshield gone.......

Im not talking about weather there is or isnt a competative advantage...Im talking about doing something after they were oked by the refs........

that is the issue...doing it after......

take the it helps or doesnt help out of the equation........thats not what im debating here...

its wrong to change the football afterward...that is the issue...and that is wrong

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you cant see that it is a problem after the ref looks it over and says its ok...then dude...you have a problem.....

thats like a person looking over a car to buy....doing the paperwork and coming out to find the sterio has been removed..... spare tire removed....and the windshield gone.......

Im not talking about weather there is or isnt a competative advantage...Im talking about doing something after they were oked by the refs........

that is the issue...doing it after......

take the it helps or doesnt help out of the equation........thats not what im debating here...

its wrong to change the football afterward...that is the issue...and that is wrong

I've NEVER stated it was wrong for Brady to have doctored the ball. He clearly committed a violation. My issue always has been with the punishment that was issued. IMHO, it was excessive. I've articulated my reasons for that ad nauseum, not the least of which were the facts that he didn't get a competitive advantage and that everyone else is basically in the same boat as him.