• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic Lounge

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was against political conversation on the board when it was first suggested. The majority wanted it though so majority rules. I used to tease guys in the political thread saying things like "373 pages and no one has changed anyone's mind yet." I don't think dad's political opinions made anyone leave but I think disagreements in politics made some leave. That is the exact reason I was against politics on the board.

In this latest round DGF came here with a "gotcha" moment and it didn't work out the way he intended.

As for me, in most (not all) if the subject doesn't interest me I don't read it.

Two weeks until a new owner, TC and some new players. I am looking forward to that.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+
I was against political conversation on the board when it was first suggested. The majority wanted it though so majority rules. I used to tease guys in the political thread saying things like "373 pages and no one has changed anyone's mind yet." I don't think dad's political opinions made anyone leave but I think disagreements in politics made some leave. That is the exact reason I was against politics on the board.

In this latest round DGF came here with a "gotcha" moment and it didn't work out the way he intended.

As for me, in most (not all) if the subject doesn't interest me I don't read it.

Two weeks until a new owner, TC and some new players. I am looking forward to that.

I am about done here. I'll just challenge the notion that it did not work out the way I intended. I never expected to change any political opinions, that has never happened in the history of message boards. So how did I fail? Because Dad posted some bullshit and refused to admit that Trump should not have been so reckless with such sensitive material?

You consider that a loss for me? LMAO. I sure don't. I think I did quite well exposing a former military guy being perfectly OK with a private citizen sharing sensitive documents and then committing Obstruction of Justice. But only because it was Trump. Had a Democrat done the exact same thing Dad would be all up in arms about it and we all know it.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+

I am about done here. I'll just challenge the notion that it did not work out the way I intended. I never expected to change any political opinions, that has never happened in the history of message boards. So how did I fail? Because Dad posted some bullshit and refused to admit that Trump should not have been so reckless with such sensitive material?

You consider that a loss for me? LMAO. I sure don't. I think I did quite well exposing a former military guy being perfectly OK with a private citizen sharing sensitive documents and then committing Obstruction of Justice. But only because it was Trump. Had a Democrat done the exact same thing Dad would be all up in arms about it and we all know it.
i dont care if cali , shark you or anyone else left because of me . each and every one of them got to say their piece without anything happening to them other then a response from me . if they didnt want the debate then bow out . if they had an issue with me they should have Pm'd me and they could have worked it out possibly , again so what ? the board is still vibrant and we have gotten new posters and old ones stop by now and then .

again i will argue basics with you on handling of classified doc's , the president has full authority to classify or declassify docs . the audio in question is about a document that wasnt even in question in the indictment . to go further a secret or confidential document contains information you can get from news sources around the world . most dont even need that designation . since we cant see the document and we dont know the whole content of the recording its out of context . now if you think having documents under lock and key with secret service protection is handling secrets recklessly then i will point to 30,000 emails on an unsecure server . i will point to cell phones being destroyed that were under subpeona and computers that were bleach bitted and white washed . i will point to the fact that foriegn countries got that information and the fact that using an unsecure server is a violation of the law in regards to handling classified docs in which inthe tank comey says were handled recklessly . there is no record of you DGF of you decrying that . there is no record of you being upset with joe biden having unsecured document stored in several locations around the country . you make the dumb argument that he cooperated but that doesnt hold water because just because you cooperate in a crime investigation doesnt absolve you from guilt . the rules are clear about taking classified docs out of a secure area , you cant , and when you do it you know you are breaking the law because any briefing about classified documents you are told that . same with pence , he broke the law

now if he is found guilty of actually having classified documents in his possession then the obstruction charges have merit , but if you dont have a crime i dont see how obstruction is there for you standing your ground

now anyone on this board who has served in the military knows what i am saying is true . yet the one guy who has no experience thinks he knows better

every president since i have been alive from JFK to LBJ on through today has taken documents home with them , some that would have been classified , obama took like 30,000 of them and nothing like what has happened to trump has ever come of it . this is all about get Trump from russia collusion to 2 impeachments to jan 6 and quite frankly we dont believe you anymore .

now i will go again and explain to you that if i want to tweak you i would have gone on and on about the hunter laptop , the bribery schemes of the biden family ETC , i didnt on this platform because i wasnt looking for political post responses . i could have gone with 10000 i gotcha's to cali on covid and shark on numerous issues but i havent and i dont need them to be here to do it . if i want to tweak chiller all i have to do is talk about transgenders and he will be here on his white stallion

so please spare me your sanctimony

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several posters have stated that Skinsdad WAS the reason they left the board. Cali, Shark, Myself, and several others whose names I can't remember. This is a fact, I know because they either posted it here or told me via PM.

Again I am not irritated at the political talk. I was the one to turn the thread in that direction. And as I have made perfectly clear Dad lectured me about making political comments, said I should take them to the Politics Board, and then proceeds to make 6 political posts.

Some of you need a dictionary to look up the word "approval". Again I was never seeking his approval, that would mean I had respect for the guy. No I just came here to discuss a former President's indictment. I came to point out that a military guy not having a problem with a former President being reckless with sensitive military documents is just such a bad look. But this is how a member of a cult behaves, if this was Obama and not King Donald he would have a totally different opinion and I always like to call him out on that.

I get why Dad is getting support. Most here share his political views and he's been here a long time and I'm a bit of an outsider. That does not mean my point is not valid. If he is going to give me crap for making political posts he should not follow that up with 6 more political posts. It's just that simple.

And if he insists that this board has not lost members I'm going to ask him again to list all the new members that have replaced all the ones who have left. I'll wait.
You said you aren't irritated with political talk but that is all you are complaining about and you go on and on. If it wasn't a big deal to you, you would have dropped it and moved on. I believe it does mean something to you because I do not recall seeing you post anything in the numerous football-related threads. You apparently continue to debate about a topic that you don't care about? My apologies if you have posted on the football-related threads.

I have said nothing about my political beliefs and you are assuming I agree with Skinsdad. Show me where I agreed with what he said on the political thread.

Dad is getting support because of the work and effort he puts into this board...not his political beliefs. Again, I have argued with him on several football items but neither he nor I got offended and ran off. I still disagree with him on our DLine...LOL!!! There is a ton to discuss with the upcoming ownership change. It is a fun time to be a fan...perhaps the best in over 20 years since Darth Snyder came.

I don't think your point is invalid; however, you continue to play the victim here and are acting if you are ganged up on. That is not the case. Again, if the political discussion is not productive in your opinion, why not participate in the football-related threads? Instead, you are bringing up names of posters who have left because of Skinsdad? What does that solve and what is your angle? Let me get this straight, you are throwing your hands up and threatening to leave a sports message board because of political statements you disagree with? Ok........

Not trying to offend you or pick a fight but there is a simple solution here.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said you aren't irritated with political talk but that is all you are complaining about and you go on and on. If it wasn't a big deal to you, you would have dropped it and moved on. I believe it does mean something to you because I do not recall seeing you post anything in the numerous football-related threads. You apparently continue to debate about a topic that you don't care about? My apologies if you have posted on the football-related threads.

I have said nothing about my political beliefs and you are assuming I agree with Skinsdad. Show me where I agreed with what he said on the political thread.

Dad is getting support because of the work and effort he puts into this board...not his political beliefs. Again, I have argued with him on several football items but neither he nor I got offended and ran off. I still disagree with him on our DLine...LOL!!! There is a ton to discuss with the upcoming ownership change. It is a fun time to be a fan...perhaps the best in over 20 years since Darth Snyder came.

I don't think your point is invalid; however, you continue to play the victim here and are acting if you are ganged up on. That is not the case. Again, if the political discussion is not productive in your opinion, why not participate in the football-related threads? Instead, you are bringing up names of posters who have left because of Skinsdad? What does that solve and what is your angle? Let me get this straight, you are throwing your hands up and threatening to leave a sports message board because of political statements you disagree with? Ok........

Not trying to offend you or pick a fight but there is a simple solution here.
DGF posts on the football forum and I hope he continues to.

Like you I don't talk about politics. Okay that is a lie. I have said more than once there are clowns involved in all parties.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DGF posts on the football forum and I hope he continues to.

Like you I don't talk about politics. Okay that is a lie. I have said more than once there are clowns involved in all parties.
Sounds good. Hopefully, DGF continues to keep up the football dialogue. As you said, we are about to get our team back.

At some points, I thought we were forever stuck with Snyder. July 20 will be a happy day!!!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good. Hopefully, DGF continues to keep up the football dialogue. As you said, we are about to get our team back.

At some points, I thought we were forever stuck with Snyder. July 20 will be a happy day!!!
I thought he was going to be the owner the rest of my life.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was going to be the owner the rest of my life.
I had nightmares of him living to be 130 years old. In reality, I thought one of his kids would take over when he was in his 90s or so.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had nightmares of him living to be 130 years old. In reality, I thought one of his kids would take over when he was in his 90s or so.
I am about 10 years older so my only hope was a rogue bus through Potomac.

I wonder if he has sold either of the two houses.?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am about 10 years older so my only hope was a rogue bus through Potomac.

I wonder if he has sold either of the two houses.?
Who knows. People like him get whatever they want.

Interestingly enough, part of me thinks Tanya divorces him in the near future. Surely she knows what he has been doing and that some of the accusations were true. There again, Hilary has stayed with Bill for all of these years.....

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jack kent cooke is rolling over in his grave at some of the shit snyder did to the team he so loved.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Dad deleted my last post where I addressed a few comments at me. That's fine, I was done anyway and we need to move on. Just sorry the others didn't get to see what I had posted, I'll just say I named the posters who have told me they left because of Dad. ,

But really guys I am done for now. Just football talk when that starts up again.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we all had that belief, at 64 I knew Snyder was probably going to outlive me which is why I gave up hope. I guess we'll never know what forced him to change his mind but we are all sure glad that he did.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt delete any posts, in fact the only deleted post is one you deleted

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all had that belief, at 64 I knew Snyder was probably going to outlive me which is why I gave up hope. I guess we'll never know what forced him to change his mind but we are all sure glad that he did.
Good point and that is the million dollar question.

Was it the money?
Was it the scandals and getting caught?

Seems like the owners were irritated with the scandals but it was the money that pushed them over three top. Who knows?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point and that is the million dollar question.

Was it the money?
Was it the scandals and getting caught?

Seems like the owners were irritated with the scandals but it was the money that pushed them over three top. Who knows?

I mean something happened to make him change his mind, he had been pretty dug in that he would never sell. I know some speculate that it was the booing of Tanya, I remember here saying they were tired off all the criticism and she said something about "putting the football life behind us", this was a while ago before the heat really kicked in. I'm sure his kids were not really happy about all the news circulating, how tough would that be on a kid?

Me personally I believe the owners finally had the votes and someone, probably Jerry, explained that he could be voted out or sell on his own. I think a real clue will be will they actually release the MJW Report. If they bury it too that tells me this was part of the deal to get Snyder to sell

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the walls came crashing down on him. Minority owners wanting out, name change, the Post unearthed a lot of the dirt regarding sexual harassment and possible illegal use of money. The NFL allowed him to go over the borrowing limit to buy the minority owners. It isn't over yet. That report can still come out.

I am sure all the owners have dirt on each other. These guys aren't choirboys. I don't think it would go well if he played stool pigeon.

Dan can't build a stadium, he has lost tons in ticket sales. From what I have heard he is very heavily leveraged But all the crap he has done when the sale is over he can pay off the debt and still have 5 billion left.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the walls came crashing down on him. Minority owners wanting out, name change, the Post unearthed a lot of the dirt regarding sexual harassment and possible illegal use of money. The NFL allowed him to go over the borrowing limit to buy the minority owners. It isn't over yet. That report can still come out.

I am sure all the owners have dirt on each other. These guys aren't choirboys. I don't think it would go well if he played stool pigeon.

Dan can't build a stadium, he has lost tons in ticket sales. From what I have heard he is very heavily leveraged But all the crap he has done when the sale is over he can pay off the debt and still have 5 billion left.

I forgot to mention the other very real possibility. He needed the money. Going over the debt limit was a big problem for his cash flow and that note was coming due.

I know he's walking away with a big check. But he was already incredibly wealthy. There is no doubt he never wanted to do this, this has to hurt him to sell and no longer be part of the club. So that's a victory in my mind.