• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic - Deflategate

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest non-story the NFL has come up with yet to drudge up interest in a SB nobody outside of Boston or Seattle cares about.

Professional wrestling would be ashamed to use this ratings grab.

I agree its really not a big deal. Lets talk super bowl Cant wait. Should be a good one and lets go pats

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my book? No.

But this is like saying, "They let their grass grow too long, and our equipment guys didn't pack the right cleats, so they should be punished."

Great post. I agree. I mean even Rodgers comment on it saying every home team goes with what their QB likes.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. both teams play with the same balls in the game. Its not a big deal and thats my opinion. Both teams played with the ball. Im just stating that its the super bowl and I don't care about this. I want to hear about the match ups. Rodgers even said it that every team does things to the ball for their QB. Some QBs like it a little less air and some like it harder. In this case they went lower the the league rules but the refs missed it. I agree with you they should get hit but I don't think it should be games. Hit them hard by taking away a 1st rd pick or a 2nd rd pick.

No both teams dont use the same balls. Colts have their balls and Pats have theirs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just throwing this out there people do know cold air takes air out of tires and footballs. It was cold out there.

Yes u are wrong. there are 12 game balls and 11 were screwed up. They all played with the same balls.

Its really not a big deal. Just fine them or take a draft pick away and get over it. Like I said if they did do it shame on them. I still want them to win. Lets Go Pats.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just throwing this out there people do know cold air takes air out of tires and footballs. It was cold out there.

Yes u are wrong. there are 12 game balls and 11 were screwed up. They all played with the same balls.

Its really not a big deal. Just fine them or take a draft pick away and get over it. Like I said if they did do it shame on them. I still want them to win. Lets Go Pats.

The incident, besides reviving those old “Belicheat” cliches from SpyGate, ripped the cover off a part of the game that many fans never think about: the journey of a football from approval to sideline. NFL footballs, according to the rule book, must be inflated with 12.5-13.5 pounds per square inch. Each team brings a number of balls to game officials, who approve them and mark them 135 minutes before game time. The footballs eventually are returned to each team, and each side uses its own set of balls when it is on offense.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Rice ✔ @JerryRice
Follow
11 of 12 balls under-inflated can anyone spell cheating!!! #Just Saying
9:28 PM - 20 Jan 2015

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is cheating but both team play with the balls so I don't see the big deal. To be honest this is some what the NFL fault. Refs should have all control over the balls and all balls should be checked at half time and some one should be in charge of the balls. Kind of like baseball the Ump throw out balls that he thinks are screwed up doing the game.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet the Pats have been deflating balls for most of Brady's career.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The incident, besides reviving those old “Belicheat” cliches from SpyGate, ripped the cover off a part of the game that many fans never think about: the journey of a football from approval to sideline. NFL footballs, according to the rule book, must be inflated with 12.5-13.5 pounds per square inch. Each team brings a number of balls to game officials, who approve them and mark them 135 minutes before game time. The footballs eventually are returned to each team, and each side uses its own set of balls when it is on offense.

Just a questions: If both teams get the balls back to use doing the game how is it on the Pats. Wouldn't it be on the colts to check their own balls and if they were deflated so bad why not say something during the game.

Im sorry this all crap. Can we talk super bowl because to be honest its really not a big deal.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is cheating but both team play with the balls so I don't see the big deal. To be honest this is some what the NFL fault. Refs should have all control over the balls and all balls should be checked at half time and some one should be in charge of the balls. Kind of like baseball the Ump throw out balls that he thinks are screwed up doing the game.

They dont use the same balls STOP IT!!!! Both QBs before the game pick their own balls. Some QBs like more air and some like less others like new footballs and others like more worn balls. Brady picked 12 balls that game but he said some games he picks 18 or even 24. The Colts do NOT use these balls on offense. Luck picks out balls the Colts brought before the game he likes and the refs check both teams ball to make sure they are the right size, have the correct amount of pressure, etc. So after the Pats got their balls check by the ref someone on the Pats team let air of out the football. Brady likes playing with a deflated football and that why they did this. Im 100% sure Brady and Belichick both knew about this and im not buying their I didnt know BS.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont use the same balls STOP IT!!!! Both QBs before the game pick their own balls. Some QBs like more air and some like less others like new footballs and others like more worn balls. Brady picked 12 balls that game but he said some games he picks 18 or even 24. The Colts do NOT use these balls on offense. Luck picks out balls the Colts brought before the game he likes and the refs check both teams ball to make sure they are the right size, have the correct amount of pressure, etc. So after the Pats got their balls check by the ref someone on the Pats team let air of out the football. Brady likes playing with a deflated football and that why they did this. Im 100% sure Brady and Belichick both knew about this and im not buying their I didnt know BS.

yes they do U stop it.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a questions: If both teams get the balls back to use doing the game how is it on the Pats. Wouldn't it be on the colts to check their own balls and if they were deflated so bad why not say something during the game.

Im sorry this all crap. Can we talk super bowl because to be honest its really not a big deal.

No one checked the Colts balls cuz no one complained they were deflated. They only checked the Pats balls and not the Colts. I dont know how many balls Luck picked out but their balls like I said werent checked for pressure.

pistlpete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How fucking many times do you have to be told, that each team uses their own balls.:doh:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If anything its a disadvantage to Brady then. That is what Im getting from your post. U can't throw the ball as far from a flat ball(or less air) and its less accurate. So the Pats tried to lose the game thats what u are saying. How does this have any affect on Luck then. I think u are confused. What u are saying makes no sense. Im sorry. either way I don't care. Its not a big deal.

All I care about is Pats beating Seattle.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said its more on the NFl. They should have more control of the balls like the NBA and MLB does. I mean even in the NHL the refs have control of the pucks. I put most blame on the NFL. Its the playoffs. take more control. Im not ok with the Pats cheating but its really not a big deal.

Us football fans want to hear about the super bowl. Not about a football having less air. When it really doesn't matter.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything its a disadvantage to Brady then. That is what Im getting from your post. U can't throw the ball as far from a flat ball(or less air) and its less accurate. So the Pats tried to lose the game thats what u are saying. How does this have any affect on Luck then. I think u are confused. What u are saying makes no sense. Im sorry. either way I don't care. Its not a big deal.

It didnt affect Luck on O. Also a deflated ball actually can be thrown further. I learned that from watching ESPN/NFL Network the last few days. If you try to say no ex NFL QBs say other wise. Also a deflated football is easier to grip, pass, catch and its harder to fumble. The Pats didnt have to cheat to win but they did. I am still rooting for them to beat the Hawks cuz I hate Sherman more but that doesnt change the fact they are cheaters.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't care a whole lot about this. If it is proven they did something wrong, then take action

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wrong. both teams play with the same balls in the game. Its not a big deal and thats my opinion. Both teams played with the ball. Im just stating that its the super bowl and I don't care about this. I want to hear about the match ups. Rodgers even said it that every team does things to the ball for their QB. Some QBs like it a little less air and some like it harder. In this case they went lower the the league rules but the refs missed it. I agree with you they should get hit but I don't think it should be games. Hit them hard by taking away a 1st rd pick or a 2nd rd pick.

Haha. It's fine to be wrong about something, but when confronted on it, rather than looking into it, you double down on it. Take about 10 seconds to do a little research. Let me know what you find out.

Again, I think it's pretty unlikely the refs missed it. The assumption is that they adjusted them after clearing them with the refs.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

You don't seem to have the mental acuity to grasp the issue here. On any level.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nixon didn't need to do Watergate to be re-elected... so no reason to impeach? (Yes, I know, he resigned, wasn't impeached.)