• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic - Deflategate

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Aikman: Patriots punishment should exceed Saints bounty punishment | ProFootballTalk

agree with Aikman, the punishment for New England should exceed that of the Saints. His reason makes sense..........New England gained competitive advantage by breaking the rules. the Saints didn't break the rules.

Then there is the question of previous transgressions?

heck, strip them of two 1st rounders.
Brady is certainly culpable in this but to me its a non issue. Everyone tries to gain an advantage. Its just NFL bullshit to try and draw attention away from all the scumbag wife/girlfriend and child beaters they got playing in the league. The fact that they corrected the pressure in the balls at halftime of the Colts game and Brady still torched them like 28 to nothing in the second half tells me its a non factor.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A: You talked a lot of shit.

New England did not cheat. I'm not deflecting. Show me some evidence of wrong-doing. There isn't any.
Show me some wrong-doing - that the Pats cheated.
Show me some wrong-doing that the Colts did,
Show me some wrong-doing that the Ravens did,
There is plenty of evidence that the league screwed up.
There is no evidence that the Patriots cheated.
Why are you hating on the Patriots? Never mind, I know the answer.....

Curran: Strong NFL link to recent 'Deflategate' leak | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

I call this "putting the blame where it is due"

well now, so months later the Wells Report shows that New England did what?

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is certainly culpable in this but to me its a non issue. Everyone tries to gain an advantage. Its just NFL bullshit to try and draw attention away from all the scumbag wife/girlfriend and child beaters they got playing in the league. The fact that they corrected the pressure in the balls at halftime of the Colts game and Brady still torched them like 28 to nothing in the second half tells me its a non factor.

So its not cheating only cuz they killed the Colts???? So if im a baseball player on roids and I hit a 3 run HR with a corked bat and my team wins 14-1 does that mean im not cheating cuz we killed them???

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So its not cheating only cuz they killed the Colts???? So if im a baseball player on roids and I hit a 3 run HR with a corked bat and my team wins 14-1 does that mean im not cheating cuz we killed them???

And it's not cheating if other teams do it, in fact, it's commendable for effort, will, and desire to win.. now, they just need to find another team who did it... shouldn't be hard, I suppose.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well now, so months later the Wells Report shows that New England did what?
I have not seen any evidence that proves that the Patriots cheated. The Patriots have released their rebuttal to the Wells "report" Are you saying the Wells report was a credible report? Let this one play out. I have already apologized for saying those who believe the deflategate crap, were being stupid haters. I acknowledge your right to believe this. I'm still not sold. I say, let the process complete.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so done with this thing. I turn the channel whenever there is a segment on it. That is all that is being discussed on the General Board now. Every thread there is about Brady and Deflategate. I found some of the stuff posted there amusing for the first couple of hours, but now totally uninterested. The same old story going in circles.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but it is a non issue because of that. The fact that the balls were all adjusted at halftime to the proper PSI and Brady still threw like 4 TD passes in the second half shows that it is clearly a non issue. That's all I'm saying. IMO, this is only a big deal because it is the Patriots. Had this happened in a Tampa-NY Jets game you'd have heard nothing more about it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No, but it is a non issue because of that. The fact that the balls were all adjusted at halftime to the proper PSI and Brady still threw like 4 TD passes in the second half shows that it is clearly a non issue. That's all I'm saying. IMO, this is only a big deal because it is the Patriots. Had this happened in a Tampa-NY Jets game you'd have heard nothing more about it.

That's true to an extent. But it's a big deal because the Patriots have cheated before and been sanctioned by the league for doing so.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true to an extent. But it's a big deal because the Patriots have cheated before and been sanctioned by the league for doing so.
The NFL is going to come away with egg on its face here. The Patriots and Brady will fight this all the way through the courts and "Its more probable than not" is not gonna work there as an acceptable level of proof. Goodell's little scheme to circumvent that by making himself the arbitrator of this case isn't fooling anyone.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't believe it to be as big of a deal as it's being made out to be. The Patriots played better with properly inflated balls. The Wells report seems shaky at best and with Kraft accepting the punishment I'm betting the Brady appeal goes in his favor as the evidence against him is limited. Also Aaron Rodgers has said he likes the balls harder than the NFL allows so should we expect the Packers to be getting fined and Rodgers being suspended?