• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic - Deflategate

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Payton was suspended for the entire 2012 season by the league as a result of their bounty findings, General Manager Mickey Loomis was suspended eight games, assistant coach Joe Vitt was suspended six games, defensive coordinator Gregg Williams was suspended indefinitely, the team was fined $500,000 and the Saints were stripped of second-round picks in 2012 and 2013.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady on deflate-gate: 'I didn't alter the ball in any way' | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo Sports

Belichick denied knowledge and now Brady denies it. doesn't matter, someone in the Patriot organization did something to the footballs.

I didn't do it, that's their job. I just told them to do their job. They know what to do, I didn't have to tell them specifics, I mean, I didn't tell them specifics before this game. :nod: I didn't pay, I'm Tom Brady. I just let them meet my wife.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a Big deal. Both teams played with the balls and refs missed it. IF Pats really did do it shame on them but overall I don't see a big deal in it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team should get a humidor and the refs get the keys! Go 49ers!!

I agree, I don't think media should make a big deal about this. Lets talk about the super bowl. NFL needs to hurry up and just fine them or take away a pick and get over it and move on to the super bowl.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't see a Big deal. Both teams played with the balls and refs missed it. IF Pats really did do it shame on them but overall I don't see a big deal in it.

No, both teams didn't play with the deflated balls. You use your own balls when your team is on offense. The Colts used different balls.

As for the refs missing it, every indication is that the balls checked out fine when the officials okayed them, and were subsequently tampered with by the Pats' staff. It's a big deal because it's once again the Pats blatantly disregarding the rules to attempt to gain unfair advantage. They should be hammered, IMO. Belichick should be suspended a minimum of eight games, if not the entire season.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tom Brady on deflate-gate: 'I didn't alter the ball in any way' | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo Sports

Belichick denied knowledge and now Brady denies it. doesn't matter, someone in the Patriot organization did something to the footballs.

A little bit of a Freudian slip in there. "I didn't have any...I didn't alter the ball in any way." It's reading into it, but it seems a lot like he was about to say, "I didn't have anything to do with the balls being deflated..." but realized that wasn't true and fell back on the old, "I didn't deflate them." Which is pretty obvious.

Brady is completely full of shit. There is absolutely no doubt that he knew that the ball was 10.5. I guarantee if the ball was 15.5, he would have been raising hell to get a different ball in there. It's absolutely beyond belief that a QB who is as detail-oriented as Brady didn't notice the difference.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest non-story the NFL has come up with yet to drudge up interest in a SB nobody outside of Boston or Seattle cares about.

Professional wrestling would be ashamed to use this ratings grab.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

this IS a big deal because they broke a rule and gained competitive advantage. It was premeditated because 11 of 12 footballs were found to be deflated, why is it on the Refs? It was obviously deflated after the refs checked it pre-game.

if the NFL doesn't deal with this harshly, why have rules? There is a reason for rules, and the rules have to be enforced. So regardless of who in particular did the physical deflating, responsibility lies with the Patriot organization.

BTW - I don't buy the "if you don't cheat, you're not competing" mentality. Or however it goes, IMO that is simply bush.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Biggest non-story the NFL has come up with yet to drudge up interest in a SB nobody outside of Boston or Seattle cares about.

Professional wrestling would be ashamed to use this ratings grab.

so it is ok to break rules, to cheat?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this IS a big deal because they broke a rule and gained competitive advantage. It was premeditated because 11 of 12 footballs were found to be deflated, why is it on the Refs? It was obviously deflated after the refs checked it pre-game.

if the NFL doesn't deal with this harshly, why have rules? There is a reason for rules, and the rules have to be enforced. So regardless of who in particular did the physical deflating, responsibility lies with the Patriot organization.

BTW - I don't buy the "if you don't cheat, you're not competing" mentality. Or however it goes, IMO that is simply bush.

Yet the Seahawks DB's (hmmm, appropriately termed position for these guys) get to PI and hold on LITERALLY every pass play without drawing flags all season. Where's the outrage for that?

Rules in the NFL are a joke. All of them are completely subjective and up to the discretion of whether or not the officials decide to throw a flag, and it changes for certain officials from week to week and even for the same officials at different points in the game. Holding can be called on every play, but isn't. PI can be called on every play, but isn't. Facemasks, which should be very obvious, get missed. Hell, the NFL can't even decide what a catch is. I wouldn't be surprised if officials are just eliminated altogether in favor of the system that boxing and figure skating use to decide who wins a contest. Frankly, it'd be more legitimate than the nonsense they have now.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate seeing people I know on FB posting pics like the ball was deflated so I couldnt tackle. Cheating is cheating! Just cuz the Pats would of beat the Colts anyway doesnt mean they didnt cheat. If this was a 3 point game you can easily say the Pats using the deflated balls helped them win. I used a baseball example if a player on team was on roids and used a corked bat to hit a 3 run homerun and his team won 15-1 does that mean he didnt cheat? Just cuz his team would of won anyway. Im not buying Brady and Belichick knew nothing about it. Belichick also tried saying he knew nothing about spygate either. I feel Pats should get a big fine with a 1st and 2nd round draft pick taken away and Belichick suspended for a year.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate seeing people I know on FB posting pics like the ball was deflated so I couldnt tackle. Cheating is cheating! Just cuz the Pats would of beat the Colts anyway doesnt mean they didnt cheat. If this was a 3 point game you can easily say the Pats using the deflated balls helped them win. I used a baseball example if a player on team was on roids and used a corked bat to hit a 3 run homerun and his team won 15-1 does that mean he didnt cheat? Just cuz his team would of won anyway. Im not buying Brady and Belichick knew nothing about it. Belichick also tried saying he knew nothing about spygate either. I feel Pats should get a big fine with a 1st and 2nd round draft pick taken away and Belichick suspended for a year.

Brady was 23 of 35 in that game. Are you suggesting he would have only completed 15 passes if the balls were marginally more inflated? 12? 5? Does Gronkowski suddenly not know how to catch the ball if there's a quarter pound more air pressure in the balls?

Seriously, this is a week argument.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, both teams didn't play with the deflated balls. You use your own balls when your team is on offense. The Colts used different balls.

As for the refs missing it, every indication is that the balls checked out fine when the officials okayed them, and were subsequently tampered with by the Pats' staff. It's a big deal because it's once again the Pats blatantly disregarding the rules to attempt to gain unfair advantage. They should be hammered, IMO. Belichick should be suspended a minimum of eight games, if not the entire season.

Wrong. both teams play with the same balls in the game. Its not a big deal and thats my opinion. Both teams played with the ball. Im just stating that its the super bowl and I don't care about this. I want to hear about the match ups. Rodgers even said it that every team does things to the ball for their QB. Some QBs like it a little less air and some like it harder. In this case they went lower the the league rules but the refs missed it. I agree with you they should get hit but I don't think it should be games. Hit them hard by taking away a 1st rd pick or a 2nd rd pick.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady was 23 of 35 in that game. Are you suggesting he would have only completed 15 passes if the balls were marginally more inflated? 12? 5? Does Gronkowski suddenly not know how to catch the ball if there's a quarter pound more air pressure in the balls?

Seriously, this is a week argument.

Pats would of beat the Colts either way but that doesnt mean they didnt cheat. Cheating is cheating and it doesnt matter how big or small. They deflated the balls to get an advantage and it turned out they didnt even have to do it to win. But the point is they did it anyway.