• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-Season Workouts

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inside Bay Area: Video: San Francisco 49ers' May 17 workout - LockerPulse

This video has a nice side-by-side of Smith and Kaepernick. Kaep's route was longer, but nothing Alex couldn't throw. Kaep's throw took longer, but that comes with longer passes. The QBs likely rotated on the long/short passes, of course. Don't know why the cameraman focused both times of the easier and shorter receptions (closer is not always easier, but with no defenders, farther is more difficult). I'm sure they have a cameraman on the otherside focusing on Moss's catch (presumed) of Kaep's throw.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith Enjoys Detailed Offseason

This had a lot about day-to-day stuff - substantively it doesn't have to be about Alex Smith, which is the reason it's here and not elsewhere.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inside Bay Area: Video: San Francisco 49ers' May 17 workout - LockerPulse

This video has a nice side-by-side of Smith and Kaepernick. Kaep's route was longer, but nothing Alex couldn't throw. Kaep's throw took longer, but that comes with longer passes. The QBs likely rotated on the long/short passes, of course. Don't know why the cameraman focused both times of the easier and shorter receptions (closer is not always easier, but with no defenders, farther is more difficult). I'm sure they have a cameraman on the otherside focusing on Moss's catch (presumed) of Kaep's throw.

Good questions about the views available, I would have liked to see the other passes as well. They did rotate QB on the early & late routes. The QB on the right (camera left) took the early route and then on the next pass Alex & Colin switched positions.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good questions about the views available, I would have liked to see the other passes as well. They did rotate QB on the early & late routes. The QB on the right (camera left) took the early route and then on the next pass Alex & Colin switched positions.

I thought the next pass they showed was Johnson and Tolzien, but that's just a naked eye guess.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gotta say, Crabtree looks so natural catching the ball in all the practice videos I've seen. Soft, strong hands, catches the ball in stride. Here he catches Johnson's ball at knee height without breaking stride. I can't help but wonder why he's so unreliable in games. Fear of getting hit? Or thinking about running before securing the ball? Whatever it is, we need to see more of the practice Crabtree in games.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, Crabtree looks so natural catching the ball in all the practice videos I've seen. Soft, strong hands, catches the ball in stride. Here he catches Johnson's ball at knee height without breaking stride. I can't help but wonder why he's so unreliable in games. Fear of getting hit? Or thinking about running before securing the ball? Whatever it is, we need to see more of the practice Crabtree in games.

They need to sprint to the endzone after every catch, ala the GOAT!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if already posted... it might have been this board that showed me...

[YOUTUBE]-P80QOkHjmc[/YOUTUBE]

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear he's like a young Randy Moss....

7Rbp12.gif