• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-Season Workouts

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this had been Crabtree's first year and Moss were younger, I'd say this was a bad sign. But given the circumstances, this is great! Now, if he joins in with Jenkins to learn from Rice, ever better. It's not just who they are, it's him deciding to seek help, comraderie, etc. Best of all, we would all have something more tangible to less question Crabtree for effort/work ethic (regardless of how much or little we currently perceive).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ewwl. Kaepernick used to be a Packers fan. Makes me wanna puke!
He was born and lived in Wisconsin until age four so he does have that excuse. However, he attended grade and high school in California.

Just like potty training and learning to talk, there are some things one must grow out of past the age of four. Being a Packer fan is one of them.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Branch:

49ers Alex Smith has been working with former MLB pitching coach/throwing guru Tom House in So. California. His recommendation: Drew Brees

---------------------------

Cam Inman:

Alex Smith is working on his throwing motion this offseason, having done so earlier with former MLB pitcher Tom House per Drew Brees' advice

------------------------

Mindi Bach:

#49ers Alex Boone, who has never played guard before, is getting the majority of time with the 1's at RG this offseason

Boone said when he reported for the 1st day of offseason training, OL Coach Mike Solari told him he was at RG. He didn't expect it.

49ers Daniel Kilgore & Mike Persons also in the mix for the RG position, but Kilgore getting time at C w/ 1's with Goodwin not here

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barrows:

Rookie guard Joe Looney (foot) said he's not cleared for practice and will not take part in the weekend minicamp.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Inman:

49ers WR Chris Owusu on concussions: "I don’t want to be known as someone surrounded by this topic. I’m just excited to move on w/ 49ers."

---------------

Barrows:

Chris Owusu: "I can't wait to take that first big hit and get right back up."

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
''Moss has been working out in the mornings with position mate Michael Crabtree, safety Donte Whitner and running back Frank Gore, who didn't participate in Thursday's on-field practice. New receiver Mario Manningham also was absent, though Moss and Crabtree put on their own show seemingly trying to one-up each other with deep catches and some flash." if that is not a indication of who will be starting idk what is building chemistry //

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao the you knows are great.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Barrows:

49ers fifth-round pick OLB Darius Fleming appeared to pull a hamstring early in today's practice and sat out the session ...

Center Chase Beeler is walking around with a cast on his right forearm. Neither he nor rookie Joe Looney (foot) practiced.

Snap judgment: The guy who jumped out to me in the first of five rookie practices: Chris Owusu. I'll have more on him later today ...

Jim Harbaugh definitely wasn't impressed by the stamina of his rookies. Many, including 1st-rounder AJ Jenkins, were flagging by mid session

Also there were several pulled hammies during today's session ...

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maiocco:

49ers first practice of rookie camp concludes with OLB Joe Holland running w/ LaMichael James deep along left sideline and breaking up pass.

A.J. Jenkins is not ready for the hill. Pretty easy to see, as Jim Harbaugh saw, too, that rookie is out of shape at first 49ers camp.

49ers center Chase Beeler recently sustained broken right hand and underwent surgery. He'll be out a couple weeks, coach Jim Harbaugh said.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kawakami:

Asked about A.J. Jenkins' first practice, Jim Harbaugh immediately pointed out that many of the WRs were noticeably out of shape.

In the locker room, Jenkins agreed that he needs to get in better shape and said he definitely wants to start working out with Jerry Rice.

Just from observation, Jenkins caught everything in the first section of practice, but clearly got winded and then had two bad drops.

Jenkins said the difference between his own workouts and this practice was the pace between drills and the speed in them.

Harbaugh on "very talented" WRs: "Bad news is we've got to get them in shape. Don't know what these guys were doing for the last 6 months."