• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-Season Workouts

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barrows:

Does this last name sound familiar? Humboldt State DT Andrew Iupati will be trying out during #49ers weekend minicamp, his agent said....

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm glad Frank is embracing the mentor role. I remember not too long ago he felt slighted when we drafted a RB (I think Coffee) feeling he would take away from PT. Now he knows he's the king.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Boone really has undergone a total physique transformation. I know they talked about it last year, but it's much more noticeable to me now. It sounds like he's embracing the chance to play guard, though he acknowledges the challenges of being 6'8 ("getting trucked" if you don't play low). Part of me would rather see him at OT and kick Davis inside to G. Maybe they haven't ruled that out yet.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barrows:

Brandon Jacobs does not appear to be here today for 49ers football school. Akers, Lee, Goodwin other vets working out on own.

Keeping in mind that Jonathan Goodwin and Chase Beeler were not present today ... the #49ers centers were Daniel Kilgore and Derek Hall ...

WR Randy Moss looking very fast, very tireless in running at least a dozen go routes in today's session .... I'll post more in a bit

----------------------------------

Maiocco:

Just watched an hour of 49ers football school. First impression of Randy Moss is all positive. He ran well and showed good hands.

As we've written in the past, Alex Boone is getting work at right guard. 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh has said best-five O-linemen will play.

During this phase of offseason work, there is no offense vs. defense. Offense runs its plays against air.

Colin Kaepernick on his thoughts when 49ers signed QB Josh Johnson. TOUT | Life's Moments

Inman:

49ers just had hour workout; key platyers missing: Gore, Manningham, Rogers, Cartwright, Goldson, Jacobs , Goodwin

49ers Kaepernick on throwing to Randy Moss: "That's someone I grew up watching. I actually wasn't a big fan because I was a Packers fan"

49ers first-string offensive line featured LT Staley, LG Iupati, C Kilgore, RG Boone, RT Davis (Note: Goodwin not present at offseason prgm)

Branch:

Alex Boone lined up at right guard with first team today in #49ers "footbal school."

The best catch of the #49ers football school wasn't from Randy Moss, but TE Konrad Reuland. He made a diving snag of a Kaepernick throw.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: Football School: Kilgore at center; Boone at right guard

Tight end Nate Byham is participating fully in drills but with a brace on his left knee, the result of last year's ACL tear. He will be pushed for a roster spot by Konrad Reuland, who caught everything thrown in his direction last year as a rookie. Reuland was true to form today, snagging a high and fast-paced throw from Kaepernick at the goal line.

Colin Jones, who moonlighted as a wide receiver at the end of last season, was back with the defensive backs today.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mindi Bach:

Donte Whitner says he talked to Dashon Goldson and expects the Hawk to be with the team sometime next week #49ers

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com Why Slowey was so fast to sign his rookie contract

Slowey’s weight-room efforts are particularly impressive considering Western Oregon didn’t have a strength and conditioning coach until his senior year.

I am rooting for this kid. He is one tough SOB. Everytime I see his clips, guys are flying back 5 yards by just a one handed shove.
This guy is strong and would be a hell of a guard or center in the right scheme.
I hope we keep him and turn this guy into an all pro.
I will definitely keep an eye out for this mofo, he is BADASS!!!

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ewwl. Kaepernick used to be a Packers fan. Makes me wanna puke!

He was born and lived in Wisconsin until age four so he does have that excuse. However, he attended grade and high school in California.