• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-Season Workouts

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barrows:

Exonerated linebacker Brian Banks will take part in a three-day rookie minicamp with the 49ers, a source confirmed today. While Banks has worked out for the Chargers and Chiefs, the Seahawks and 49ers are the only teams that will have put him through a minicamp and thus a true practice scenario. The 49ers have needs at both ILB and OLB. Rookie ILB Joe Holland (foot), and rookie OLBs Cam Johnson (knee) and Darius Fleming (knee) are currently out. The Seahawks gave Banks a tryout at ILB.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it will happen by any means, but Kaepernick strikes me as one of those guys who just might be better in live action than in practice.

Even so, the reports about his struggles are a bit worrisome. It could be in part with tweaking his motion right now, but he's got to be able to hit guys in camp.

That's the hope. I don't have any indication that that's the case because we've had so few live games. He wasn't that great in practice last year since it was so short and the preseason games were pretty bad because he had so little practice. So no live action anomaly here, yet. The 5 passes in the regular season is too small to tell, but it was good that he got 3, not 1 complete. He handed the ball off better in the last game better than the first. Don't know much about in-season practice, just last year's abbreviated practice and this year's off-season so far. But I certainly hope he's better in live action than it has been so far in practice, despite a good day Thursday.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 3461

Veteran Minicamp: June 14

I think this is all Crabtree needed to do all this time to get more targets from Smith. Alex loves the number 85 and is attracted to it.

Actually, 84 is better since he was born that year. If that's the case, I see a big year for Moss and Smith! (Morgan would have picked it up last year if not for injury)(No, I'm not serious that jersey numbers have anything to do with it - or else we'd unretire 16 and 80 right now.)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
for me, what i like about these reports isn't so much individual stuff, but team stuff. my impression - strong impression - is this team is still hungry, still together, and with the right mindset. maybe the only thing was Davis' comment about being a Superbowl favorite?

we WERE very lucky last season on the injury front, seems like this will be the only area that could de-rail play-offs? every team has injuries so i'm referring to multiple big injuries.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me, what i like about these reports isn't so much individual stuff, but team stuff. my impression - strong impression - is this team is still hungry, still together, and with the right mindset. maybe the only thing was Davis' comment about being a Superbowl favorite?

we WERE very lucky last season on the injury front, seems like this will be the only area that could de-rail play-offs? every team has injuries so i'm referring to multiple big injuries.

I think this is an excellent point Deep. I get the same sense that this team believes in itself at a very high level but not at a cocky level, at least not by my estimation.

I worry about injuries as well, but I have a strong sense about our depth, and with 90(88) in camp, the quality of depth should be improved for all teams.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pretty much repeating what Barrows reported earlier today:

John Clayton:

Brian Banks didn't get a contract offer from the Seahawks so heading to San Fran for 3-day tryout is wise. For Seattle, he showed potential

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think this is an excellent point Deep. I get the same sense that this team believes in itself at a very high level but not at a cocky level, at least not by my estimation.

I worry about injuries as well, but I have a strong sense about our depth, and with 90(88) in camp, the quality of depth should be improved for all teams.

liked how Jonathan Goodwin described it as 'humble':
Q: How would you describe the current mental state of this team to the 49ers Faithful?
A: It’s a humble team that’s still working hard and still trying to figure out a way to achieve our goals. It’s a team that works hard and is pushing to become a better team and improve off of last year.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
liked how Jonathan Goodwin described it as 'humble':
Q: How would you describe the current mental state of this team to the 49ers Faithful?
A: It’s a humble team that’s still working hard and still trying to figure out a way to achieve our goals. It’s a team that works hard and is pushing to become a better team and improve off of last year.

Absolutely perfect! So far I have really liked what Goodwin and Whitner have said to the media about how our team is approaching this off-season after last years bitter outcome.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for this year's pre-season. I'm pretty sure Kaepernick will be playing better than this and we'll have better second/third stringers than Johnson.

Last edited by a moderator: