• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-Season Workouts

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Clearly Barrows was angling toward Davis as the odd-man-out - I can't say I disagree. One thing I can say is if our RB's/FB's play up to their potential, then I can see 3000 total yards coming from that group. With the addition of our new WR's, jumping ~20 spots and having a top-ten offense this year in both yards & points is well within reach.

Assuming you mean Dixon. That's certainly how it's looked from the minute we added Jacobs, and that may be even more true now. In a lot of ways, I'd love to see Dixon beat out Jacobs. He's obviously much younger and fresher, and is a pretty good STs player. He's also quite popular in the locker room, from what I've heard. But even though Jacobs' contract is pretty easy to get out of, I can't see it happening. He has a nose for the endzone, which we desperately need, and has apparently started doing squats, which should help him run with more authority (still blown away he didn't do squats in NY...).

Ultimately, this is a great problem to have. It's frustrating to face the prospect of cutting NFL-caliber players, but that's what the good teams go through every year. It's looking like we'll have that problem at a few spots.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming you mean Dixon. That's certainly how it's looked from the minute we added Jacobs, and that may be even more true now. In a lot of ways, I'd love to see Dixon beat out Jacobs. He's obviously much younger and fresher, and is a pretty good STs player. He's also quite popular in the locker room, from what I've heard. But even though Jacobs' contract is pretty easy to get out of, I can't see it happening. He has a nose for the endzone, which we desperately need, and has apparently started doing squats, which should help him run with more authority (still blown away he didn't do squats in NY...).

Ultimately, this is a great problem to have. It's frustrating to face the prospect of cutting NFL-caliber players, but that's what the good teams go through every year. It's looking like we'll have that problem at a few spots.

Yeah, I did mean Dixon - Thanks. Like yourself, I would like to see Dixon make the team as well, even if for just ST's. But, if he could consistently play to the level of his flashes - he will beat out Jacobs IMO.

Since I got you here and since you and I have discussed hands vs. concentration etc, I thought I would show you this picture as an example of what appears to be good concentration but bad hand technique. In all fairness I believe the player is a DB but my point remains the same. The picture is 23/30

OTA 6-6-12

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, I did mean Dixon - Thanks. Like yourself, I would like to see Dixon make the team as well, even if for just ST's. But, if he could consistently play to the level of his flashes - he will beat out Jacobs IMO.

Since I got you here and since you and I have discussed hands vs. concentration etc, I thought I would show you this picture as an example of what appears to be good concentration but bad hand technique. In all fairness I believe the player is a DB but my point remains the same. The picture is 23/30

OTA 6-6-12

Yeah, definitely a defensive guy, but agreed on the basket catch. If the ball were a foot lower, maybe. But at that height he should have his hands reversed.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly Barrows was angling toward Davis as the odd-man-out - I can't say I disagree. One thing I can say is if our RB's/FB's play up to their potential, then I can see 3000 total yards coming from that group. With the addition of our new WR's, jumping ~20 spots and having a top-ten offense this year in both yards & points is well within reach.

I agree that the backfield is more talented than we've probably had in over a decade, but 3000? That's a lotta grass my friend. We only had ~5000yds TOTAL offense last season.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Williams evidently wasn’t kidding about his ultra-intense offseason workout program.

Williams sure looks like the smoothest and most explosive wide receiver on the roster during these non-padded practices. At one point Tuesday, he abused cornerback Perrish Cox on a slant route – Cox was left flat-footed by a juke to the right and Williams zipped by across the middle.

During the end-of-practice sprints across the width of the field and back, Williams was several yards ahead of his nearest pursuer.

Good to hear. This kid is busting his ass on and off the field, and I for one am really pulling for him to make the squad. He's shown real dedication to not being defined by his lapses in the Championship game.

I hope it's not just "short and tee shirts" hype, but I like hearing it as well. Would be very nice to have a variety of receiving threats this year. That playoff game nightmare may that pivotal moment that drives him to greatness. I know that's a bit "over the top" but I'm gonna keep my rose colored glasses on until pads go on, at least.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope it's not just "short and tee shirts" hype, but I like hearing it as well. Would be very nice to have a variety of receiving threats this year. That playoff game nightmare may that pivotal moment that drives him to greatness. I know that's a bit "over the top" but I'm gonna keep my rose colored glasses on until pads go on, at least.

I'm not anticipating greatness, per se, but I think he could be a nice, versatile receiver who thrives in particular in the slot. Jenkins at split end, Crabtree at flanker, and Williams in the slot - with each of them being able to play the other positions as well - could have the makings of a pretty good receiving corps for several years.

-Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the backfield is more talented than we've probably had in over a decade, but 3000? That's a lotta grass my friend. We only had ~5000yds TOTAL offense last season.

Hey Mem, Yeah, 3000 ttl yds is a lot - I agree. I'm thinking along the lines of ~2400 yds rushing and ~600 yds receiving by RB's/FB's. Last year Houston had over 3000 ttl yds from its backfield.