• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-Season Workouts

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mem, Yeah, 3000 ttl yds is a lot - I agree. I'm thinking along the lines of ~2400 yds rushing and ~600 yds receiving by RB's/FB's. Last year Houston had over 3000 ttl yds from its backfield.

Yea, but I think that's the exception more than the rule. Also, I don't think we have one back as talented and well rounded as Arian Foster.

-Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, but I think that's the exception more than the rule. Also, I don't think we have one back as talented and well rounded as Arian Foster.

Definitely the exception, and maybe we don't hit 3 grand, but with our RB committee of Gore, Hunter, James, Miller & either Jacobs or Dixon combined with an improved o'line, I expect to see a significant increase in production from our RB/FB's.

-Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, definitely a defensive guy, but agreed on the basket catch. If the ball were a foot lower, maybe. But at that height he should have his hands reversed.

Honestly, Crimson, at no height* would his hands be in proper position for that pass. If the pass were higher you might get some debate among coaches on technique due to eye shielding, but not at that level or lower*.

*ground level (inches off the ground) might require a basket/scoop technique.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the exception, and maybe we don't hit 3 grand, but with our RB committee of Gore, Hunter, James, Miller & either Jacobs or Dixon combined with an improved o'line, I expect to see a significant increase in production from our RB/FB's.

I can agree with that. What happened to your ID?

-Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with that. What happened to your ID?

Mornin' Mem...Well, I'm not entirely sure. I'm still listed in the trusted users list, but my pword no longer works. I added Mozilla and it seems to have messed up my cookies and now some of my pwords stopped working except SportsHoopla doesn't recognize my pword.

I've sent requests to change it but SportsHoopla keeps sending me password changes for "Bem", another username I created yesterday in hopes of contacting Clyde or Ray for help. Except now, I can't PM anyone and I have to answer one of the two random questions before I post. Grr!

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mornin' Mem...Well, I'm not entirely sure. I'm still listed in the trusted users list, but my pword no longer works. I added Mozilla and it seems to have messed up my cookies and now some of my pwords stopped working except SportsHoopla doesn't recognize my pword.

I've sent requests to change it but SportsHoopla keeps sending me password changes for "Bem", another username I created yesterday in hopes of contacting Clyde or Ray for help. Except now, I can't PM anyone and I have to answer one of the two random questions before I post. Grr!

Lmao, sorry man. Sounds like a pain.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Around 2:48 Crabtree runs a MUCH better comeback than the one we saw in that other video I posted. This one might actually allow him to come open...

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Around 2:48 Crabtree runs a MUCH better comeback than the one we saw in that other video I posted. This one might actually allow him to come open...

It does appear to be a little crisper but one thing that seems to be lacking on both routes is the timing. I can imagine curls being a difficult route for Crabtree mostly because you have to sell the "Go" and with Crabtree's speed that won't be an easy task.

There are some OTA photos from a few days ago showing Crabtree and Williams running the same route. Crabtree demonstrates closed hips and horrible hands technique while Williams just school's him on both. From all I have seen I would say Williams is having/had the better OTA's.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take my word for it or for that matter the below poster's comments (he's just a poster) but this what I read on another message board. Read it with a grain of salt as the guy may or nay not be overly biased. I didn't want to adopt the words as my own...

Seems like every time i read a practice note, Kaepernick is struggling...and keep in mind this is in shorts, with no pass rush, same offense for a 2nd year in a row, etc...if a QB struggles in OTA's can we expect a significant improvement on gameday, when the situations are that much tougher? I hope so.

Kaepernick had a tough day. He had his moments – his best pass was a 50-yard strike to Jenkins on a seam route for a touchdown. But he got five passes batted down at the line of scrimmage by my count. He got picked off by Chris Culliver on a pass that was batted downfield, and he overthrew many other passes. On his first pass in 11-on-11 scrimmages, Kaepernick missed a wide open Konrad Reuland streaking down the middle of the field, checking it down to Gore in the flat instead. Immediately a coach yelled “Vertical!” Harbaugh walked over to Kaepernick and whispered something in his ear. Kaepernick clapped his hands in frustration.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/...e-performance/

Well now is the time to be making mistakes and I'm sure he's learning from all of them. Also being 2nd team, isn't he up against the 1st team D, or are they swapping it up this year? I know all last year, until the end of the season, it was always the 1s versus the 2s.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith threw what Chron beatwriter Eric Branch has been calling a "neighborhood throw." That is, a pass vaguely in the vicinity of Randy Moss with the expectation that Moss will come down with it. That's indeed what happened as Moss stretched out on the sideline to take the ball away from Chris Culliver.

Practice Notes from 6-12

This is cool. I mean, I hope he's passing them accurately but if Smith can start trusting a receiver enough to throw a "neighborhood throw", that's great. Alas, this is a no pads, little-to-no-contact practice, but if he were hesitating throwing to Randy Moss at practice, things could be much worse.

• Josh Johnson, who has stood out in recent practices, was on the money with a crossing-route throw to Kyle Williams. Williams, however, seemed to be surprised by the pass, which ricocheted off of him and into the hands of safety Mark LeGree.

Ahh, Johnson's learning about what Smith endured in 2010 a few times, though on the money is better than some of Smith's tipped INTs.

Johnson had the prettiest drive of the three. It lasted 11 plays and included a nice, over-the-middle pass to the goal-line to receiver Joe Hastings. A few plays later - with 2.2 seconds left on the clock - Johnson hit Hastings again on an out route in the end zone in from of safety Michael Thomas.

Sounds like Johnson is having a great off-season so far. Smooth by all accounts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not saying it will happen by any means, but Kaepernick strikes me as one of those guys who just might be better in live action than in practice.

Even so, the reports about his struggles are a bit worrisome. It could be in part with tweaking his motion right now, but he's got to be able to hit guys in camp.