• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-Season Workouts

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We're not a team about fueling the hype, so to speak, (but) Randy has been outstanding in every way. It's neat to watch our players watch a guy like Randy, that people watched growing up. (I) had a chance to go by Ray McDonald the other day and Ray and Justin (Smith) were talking. And Ray (says), 'I don't think Randy Moss has lost at step.' And Justin says, 'That's Randy freakin' Moss over there. It doesn't matter if he did lose a step. That's Randy Moss.' "

--Coach Jim Harbaugh on Randy Moss

Justin Smith belongs in the HOF!!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've generally been impressed with the footage I've seen of Crabtree to date in camp. But just before the one-minute mark in this video, he runs one of the worst curls I've ever seen. What the hell was that?

A.J. Jenkins Catching on Quickly

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jenkins is still rough around the edges, but he looks pretty fast and fluid here. Tough to draw any sort of conclusions, but at least it seems like he's working hard and is starting to figure things out a bit.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've generally been impressed with the footage I've seen of Crabtree to date in camp. But just before the one-minute mark in this video, he runs one of the worst curls I've ever seen. What the hell was that?

A.J. Jenkins Catching on Quickly

The best cure for a lazy curl is to put o hole in his chest. I do love the magic of editing though. At ~0:40 seconds Morton is talking about Moss but Scott edits the Moss tape and sticks it on the Jenkins tape. It's obviously applicable but interesting just the same - Well played Kegley.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbs playing TE - now Will Tukuafu playing FB - and catching a TD pass

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To answer your question, yes, they should. I think it would be in their best interests. There are pros and cons, like having to play more than 16 games, but overall, I think it would be a good move for them. ;)

Oops, in another message board, someone named that link, "Should the Niners Win the NFC" to which I thought of this response above. Then, I saw "Should 49ers..." and assumed it said the same, but it didn't. Hence, I don't think anyone got my post's fake answer.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, in another message board, someone named that link, "Should the Niners Win the NFC" to which I thought of this response above. Then, I saw "Should 49ers..." and assumed it said the same, but it didn't. Hence, I don't think anyone got my post's fake answer.

No worries. I figured it was something of that nature.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
'Outstanding offseason' for TE Davis
1:26PM ET
Vernon Davis | 49ers

San Francisco 49ers tight end Vernon Davis caught 67 passes for 792 yards and 6 touchdowns last season, none of which were career-high numbers. However, Davis picked up steam toward the end of the season as he began to feel more comfortable with the system of new offensive coordinator Greg Roman, his sixth different OC in six seasons. Keep in mind that he had 8 catches for 118 yards in Week 17 and games of 7 catches for 180 yards and 2 TDs and 3 catches for 112 yards and 2 TDs in the playoffs.

According to CSNBayArea.com's Mindi Bach, for the first time as a pro, Davis is focused on Xs and Os during the offseason instead of technique because he has the same OC.

"Every year (there) was always somebody coming in and we had to learn," said Davis. "Learn, learn, learn. We didn't have a chance to get better.

"All the things that I felt like I struggled on, I have a chance to come out here and get better at it. Like route-running; at the top of my route, giving a man a move before I get into my route."

Coach Jim Harbaugh said that Davis is having an "outstanding offseason." If Davis is able to pick up where he left off last season, he could be poised to post career-highs across the board.

- Tom Carpenter​

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kyle Williams evidently wasn’t kidding about his ultra-intense offseason workout program.

Williams sure looks like the smoothest and most explosive wide receiver on the roster during these non-padded practices. At one point Tuesday, he abused cornerback Perrish Cox on a slant route – Cox was left flat-footed by a juke to the right and Williams zipped by across the middle.

During the end-of-practice sprints across the width of the field and back, Williams was several yards ahead of his nearest pursuer.

Good to hear. This kid is busting his ass on and off the field, and I for one am really pulling for him to make the squad. He's shown real dedication to not being defined by his lapses in the Championship game.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3