• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Thread

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question at this point that the deal was real but most are not. Personally this deal doesn't move me. It was well known the Rams were not satisfied with Goff's ability to correct his mistakes and Stafford just wanted O-U-T out of Detroit. The fact that each was resolved in one trade and that Goff was pretty much a "throw-in" isn't shocking at all.
not sure id call 46 mil a throw in :suds:

rams 42 mil for qbs goff 22 stafford 20
lions 46 m goff 27 stafford 19

rams got better
lions got worse but but we got some picks lol

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's what's known as a definition of a word. Nothing rhetorical about it. A statement of fact.
It was shot at me. You directly asked me if I watched soaps or WWE. It was not rhetorical. You spoke directly to me in response directly to a my post.

Rhetoric is an adjective intended to persuade or impress, it's not humor. Sorry, direct from Websters.
"

Synonyms for rhetoric

I submit to you that your statement in fact was rhetorical by definition as "hot air"

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure id call 46 mil a throw in :suds:

rams 42 mil for qbs goff 22 stafford 20
lions 46 m goff 27 stafford 19

rams got better
lions got worse but but we got some picks lol
I see your point. The Lions take Goff and eat his money.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point. The Lions take Goff and eat his money.
Money is available in Detroit, not so the LA. Rams gave up the future picks, hoping those picks will be in the high 20's or 30's. Either way, both sides are very happy with the deal and that's all that matters.

At least until next year.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhetoric is an adjective intended to persuade or impress, it's not humor. Sorry, direct from Websters.
I used both rhetoric (describing my routine postings) and rhetorical (asking if you like WWE...) Each are totally different words despite rhetorical being rooted with rhetoric.

In simplest terms, rhetoric means using words without a literal intent, and rhetorical is a question being asked when the answer can already be assumed.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which will fuck the Jets for another decade.

Cool.
For Woody Johnson it's all about being on the back page and first on the daily sports shows in NYC. If your old enough to remember George Steinbrenner, the man who rebuilt the Yankees, You can understand where Woody is looking. GS was in the paper every day during the off season. He threw money around like it was toilet paper and made absolutely crazy trades. But he also won World Series after world Series. Woody Johnson aspires to be the George Steinbrenner of football.

Making the deal for Watson would perk up NYC and NJ. It would create a media storm and New York itself would be the winner. I'd be willing to bet my jouse that Roger Goodell is involved up to his chin trying to convince Woody and McNair to get this done.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Woody Johnson it's all about being on the back page and first on the daily sports shows in NYC. If your old enough to remember George Steinbrenner, the man who rebuilt the Yankees, You can understand where Woody is looking. GS was in the paper every day during the off season. He threw money around like it was toilet paper and made absolutely crazy trades. But he also won World Series after world Series. Woody Johnson aspires to be the George Steinbrenner of football.

Making the deal for Watson would perk up NYC and NJ. It would create a media storm and New York itself would be the winner. I'd be willing to bet my jouse that Roger Goodell is involved up to his chin trying to convince Woody and McNair to get this done.
No jets fan i know thinks Watson is worth 4 first round picks....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember the name George Steinbrenner but couldn't give a fuck though for two reasons;

A) Baseball sucks.

B) More importantly, I hate the fucking Yankees.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No jets fan i know thinks Watson is worth 4 first round picks....
As id Woody gives a shit what they think. He's doing what Woody wants to do. Reports are that Jets management is crambling because they plan to get even more active because Woody told them that Watson better not go to Miami.

The Jets are a not going anywhere with Darnold. Drafting a rookie isn't guaranteeing anything especially with a new staff. Watson will give the Jets immediate respect and the offense is decent enough right now that Watson will quadruple their win total. A couple of off season signings and the jets are in the playoff mix.

Money and picks and the Jets have both.