• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that when you transport something by car, it is called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it is called cargo?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that when you transport something by car, it is called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it is called cargo?
Why is premenstrual symptom and menopause not called prewomenstrual symptom and womenopause?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep screen time needs control, to the point where you earn it like you would earn money for chores. I fucked up with that raising my kid but he somehow managed to turn out great. But if I could go back in time I would have a points system.

Mow the lawn 1 hour
take out the trash 15 min
clean your room 30 min
help with dinner 30 minutes
read for two house 1 hour etc
I implemented a version of this over the weekend and so far so good. I had already thought of this process but just hadn't implemented it before, so you get a huge assist for putting it back into focus for me. Seeing Sharky's reception toward it added to my focus...

My system is a bit different and is more about encouraging good choices. First, in my house you earn nothing for chores, those are just expected but not burdensome.

Eating well (starting with a good breakfast and not complaining about food presented for other meals): 2hrs

Reading a summer reading list book: time reading = time earned for free time

Using an Educational site for school review topics (subscription based and not over the top boring): time on site = time earned

Fitness Activities (any of 2.5 mile run/20 minutes on a stepper/family weight training): 2hrs

So far so good!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I implemented a version of this over the weekend and so far so good. I had already thought of this process but just hadn't implemented it before, so you get a huge assist for putting it back into focus for me. Seeing Sharky's reception toward it added to my focus...

My system is a bit different and is more about encouraging good choices. First, in my house you earn nothing for chores, those are just expected but not burdensome.

Eating well (starting with a good breakfast and not complaining about food presented for other meals): 2hrs

Reading a summer reading list book: time reading = time earned for free time

Using an Educational site for school review topics (subscription based and not over the top boring): time on site = time earned

Fitness Activities (any of 2.5 mile run/20 minutes on a stepper/family weight training): 2hrs

So far so good!
I think that is fantastic. And if they want to earn more time you can add more options. I think you are doing a great thing for the kids and it will pay off in the end.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you could live in any other country in world where would you live?

For me Ireland loved my visits there, english speaking, love the countryside. Probably in County Mayo or Cork

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For me Ireland loved my visits there, english speaking, love the countryside. Probably in County Mayo or Cork
Whichever one has the most topless women.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

St Kitts and Nevis

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is your favorite Pats running back of all time?

For me it's Sam Bam Cunningham.
I loathed all of them. The only people who had 'favorite' Patriot running backs are Patriot fans.
A better question would have been which Patriot running back did you dislike the most. It's easy for me: LeGarrett Blount. BB sends him a text on a throw-away phone telling him he wants him back, so Blount pouts his way out of Pittsburgh and BB is right there to snatch him up. And then suddenly Blount is a productive RB again. Coincidence? I think not. And no, I'm not a Steeler fan, I just think it was a cheapass douche move by Blount and BB.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you surf the got great waves?
Never learned to surf - even growing up in Southern California.
I did get to try it though.
If you ever want to surf on the cheap, just go up to a surfer on the beach and ask if his board is for sale.
Every surfer will sell you his board if you have enough money!
I remember trying one and I could not surf for crap.
I give it back and tell him his board id f'd up.
The look is priceless!