• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White people can't dance!
God's honest truth....................

When my wife and I waltz, people actually come to the floor and watch.

Even at near 300 lbs, I was very light on my feet. And I still am.

I love to waltz.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God's honest truth....................

When my wife and I waltz, people actually come to the floor and watch.

Even at near 300 lbs, I was very light on my feet. And I still am.

I love to waltz.
Well dancing with steps is another thing I agree we crackers can do that. That freestyle move to the rhythm of the beat disco type dancing I feel god screwed us in that area

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you feel apps like Youtube, Instagram and Tic Toc are breaking down the moral fiber of today's youth?

I do I see kids doing things in very public forums that are morally questionable. What I don't know is how parents can real this in or even if some of them care too.
My daughter has a rule that she can look into my granddaughters social network and phone. That has done wonders for her.
When my daughter was a kid, I tapped the phones!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. It's pretty much a youth's job to do their best to breakdown every bit of moral fiber they have until they learn the purpose of moral fiber... on their own. The forums you mention only make the process more efficient.

Sex, drugs and rock & roll, anyone ever heard the phrase? I think it was coined sometime after social media was introduced.
yeah, no, There was plenty of that going on when I was a kid. I kept myself clean for my sport. Never got into drugs.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughter has a rule that she can look into my granddaughters social network and phone. That has done wonders for her.
When my daughter was a kid, I tapped the phones!
I pay for my grandson's phone and the car he drives is insured and registered in my name. He has no problem at all with following my rules and being on 360 24/7.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this on FB this morning seems like a good question. If you could create one law that everyone had to obey what would it be?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this on FB this morning seems like a good question. If you could create one law that everyone had to obey what would it be?
Keep right except to pass.

Oh, you said create...

All biological women who have reached the age of consent and have maintained a BMI between 18 and 25 must be topless if in, on or near water between April 15 and Oct 15.

This would include any and all activities including but not limited to;
Sunbathing, fishing, boating, canoeing, waterskiing, swimming, watering the lawn, watering outdoor hanging basket plants, consuming any beverage, handwashing a vehicle or rain.

I reserve the right to amend any part of this law, to fit the person, weather conditions or proximity of children.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep right except to pass.

Oh, you said create...

All biological women who have reached the age of consent and have maintained a BMI between 18 and 25 must be topless if in, on or near water between April 15 and Oct 15.

This would include any and all activities including but not limited to;
Sunbathing, fishing, boating, canoeing, waterskiing, swimming, watering the lawn, watering outdoor hanging basket plants, consuming any beverage, handwashing a vehicle or rain.

I reserve the right to amend any part of this law, to fit the person, weather conditions or proximity of children.
Well they did burn their bra's as part of their history.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We discussed this before

I think I would it make mandatory for all US citizens prior to the age of 18 provide some civic duty and one summer of volunteering to work with America's disabled Vets.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd create a "Basic Civil Respect" statute with a gradual punishment scale to reflect the severity of the infraction.

A fan using a racial slur to rattle an opponent? $500 fine

Two clowns yelling at each other over road rage? $400 for the instigator, $200 for the retaliator, $300 each if those can't be determined.

Any Public screaming match? Same as road rage.

Using a vehicle in any fashion to either intimidate or demonstrate anger or annoyance? $200 to $500 fine ($200 for honking a horn beyond a simple alert or directing hand gestures toward another driver, to $500 for changing lanes too closely)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd create a "Basic Civil Respect" statute with a gradual punishment scale to reflect the severity of the infraction.

A fan using a racial slur to rattle an opponent? $500 fine

Two clowns yelling at each other over road rage? $400 for the instigator, $200 for the retaliator, $300 each if those can't be determined.

Any Public screaming match? Same as road rage.

Using a vehicle in any fashion to either intimidate or demonstrate anger or annoyance? $200 to $500 fine ($200 for honking a horn beyond a simple alert or directing hand gestures toward another driver, to $500 for changing lanes too closely)
I like this civility seems to be a thing of the past or at least it's heading that way.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reinstitute the Selective service.

All citizens 18 or older not attending college must perform two years of governmental service. Male and female. No exceptions except severe physical handicaps. Any politician attempting to circumvent this law in any way will be immediately removed from public office without trial. That politician will also serve five years in federal prison not a summer camp.

Upon graduating or leaving college, those persons must also serve two years of governmental service.

Service can be military, federal, state, county or city and town. They will be paid $18 pre college and $22 hour post college. If the work require a person to move from home, the state or fed will provide a monthly rental stipend and food stipend. Everyone gets a life lesson in dealing with others face to face and growing up.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reinstitute the Selective service.

All citizens 18 or older not attending college must perform two years of governmental service. Male and female. No exceptions except severe physical handicaps. Any politician attempting to circumvent this law in any way will be immediately removed from public office without trial. That politician will also serve five years in federal prison not a summer camp.

Upon graduating or leaving college, those persons must also serve two years of governmental service.

Service can be military, federal, state, county or city and town. They will be paid $18 pre college and $22 hour post college. If the work require a person to move from home, the state or fed will provide a monthly rental stipend and food stipend. Everyone gets a life lesson in dealing with others face to face and growing up.
Your new law can't argue it. won't argue it but I see Vietnam era issues with this.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this civility seems to be a thing of the past or at least it's heading that way.
I think a general misunderstanding of basic rights has caused an entitlement bubble. People feel the right to free speech means anyone is free to say whatever they want wherever they choose.

And there's a misunderstanding of how liberties work within a group where one person feels their right to "pursue happiness" is absolute regardless of how their "happiness" may impact others. Everyone may have the right to smoke, but not in a place where they are forcing their smoke onto others. A similar principle applies with playing loud music in an area where some don't want it. A similar concept applies to an individual who does not want loud music amongst a group setting where most welcome it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a general misunderstanding of basic rights has caused an entitlement bubble. People feel the right to free speech means anyone is free to say whatever they want wherever they choose.

And there's a misunderstanding of how liberties work within a group where one person feels their right to "pursue happiness" is absolute regardless of how their "happiness" may impact others. Everyone may have the right to smoke, but not in a place where they are forcing their smoke onto others. A similar principle applies with playing loud music in an area where some don't want it. A similar concept applies to an individual who does not want loud music amongst a group setting where most welcome it.
I agree which IMO boils down to people are getting more and more selfish and less selfless. I always try to respect my surroundings but like you said people feel entitled and don't feel anyway has the right to call them out at least without raising sand.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any member of Congress that receives any kind of gift/bribe from any corporation or lobbying firm is labeled a traitor and hanged on live tv.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My law would prohibit anyone from being politically correct.
That is an oxy-moron.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any member of Congress caught stealing has their thumbs and big toes removed.

Try cutting anything with a fork and spoon without thumbs.

Try grabbing a hot coffee at a drive thru.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any member of Congress caught stealing has their thumbs and big toes removed.

Try cutting anything with a fork and spoon without thumbs.

Try grabbing a hot coffee at a drive thru.
Is theft a big problem amongst Congressmen?

How about public officials in general and extend it to violation of any trust required for their position. Public officials would include police officers and trash collectors, though the threshold for the level of trust required for trash collectors is pretty low.

By including all public officials I'm not implying there's extensive corruption at any rank, but each rank certainly has its deviants.