• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Question Of The Day.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you feel apps like Youtube, Instagram and Tic Toc are breaking down the moral fiber of today's youth?

I do I see kids doing things in very public forums that are morally questionable. What I don't know is how parents can real this in or even if some of them care too.
Yes.
Face book and all of big tech as well.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Yeah I think we all know the phrase but we all knew there were limits too, not sure those limits apply anymore
I can tell you were well grounded. So was I. How would you compare the limits of what was happening at an early 80's Grateful Dead show vs kids interacting with social media today? Now that may seem like an extreme example, but it's not that extreme.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you feel apps like Youtube, Instagram and Tic Toc are breaking down the moral fiber of today's youth?

I do I see kids doing things in very public forums that are morally questionable. What I don't know is how parents can real this in or even if some of them care too.

Fuck yes. It kills me that my kid watches that shit all the time. My 7 year old has aspirations to be a youtube/tic too star. Only thing is at a 7 years old his videos are pretty fucking good. I was actually amazed when he showed me one of his dance videos and I have no idea where he learned to do that shit. And my wife is a super "hands on" mom and she didn't know either.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck yes. It kills me that my kid watches that shit all the time. My 7 year old has aspirations to be a youtube/tic too star. Only thing is at a 7 years old his videos are pretty fucking good. I was actually amazed when he showed me one of his dance videos and I have no idea where he learned to do that shit. And my wife is a super "hands on" mom and she didn't know either.
And thus the how do we control it dilemma

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thus the how do we control it dilemma

My wife and kid are in Russia and my wife just called me upset with my kid because he pisses and moans when she takes the ipad away from him.

I want my kid to be happy so I hate taking it away from him but we are quite aware that that shit is addictive.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and kid are in Russia and my wife just called me upset with my kid because he pisses and moans when she takes the ipad away from him.

I want my kid to be happy so I hate taking it away from him but we are quite aware that that shit is addictive.
Yep screen time needs control, to the point where you earn it like you would earn money for chores. I fucked up with that raising my kid but he somehow managed to turn out great. But if I could go back in time I would have a points system.

Mow the lawn 1 hour
take out the trash 15 min
clean your room 30 min
help with dinner 30 minutes
read for two house 1 hour etc

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep screen time needs control, to the point where you earn it like you would earn money for chores. I fucked up with that raising my kid but he somehow managed to turn out great. But if I could go back in time I would have a points system.

Mow the lawn 1 hour
take out the trash 15 min
clean your room 30 min
help with dinner 30 minutes
read for two house 1 hour etc

I just e-mailed that to my wife. Great idea. My kid is turning out pretty good too and I would say he has his ipad way less than some of his friends but I am still very concerned that he's getting addicted. If my wife takes it away he gets all upset about it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate facebook. Can anyone explain to me why some woman has to let the world know that her pee is a weird orange color or that she's been constipated for the past week and has been sitting on the throne for the last 41 minutes? Just seems to me that some people are just screaming for attention. Or how about the woman that took a selfie of a huge pimple on her labia? And was asking anyone what she should do? How about soap and water at least once a week? Some guy post a selfie of his hemmroids about the size of a golf ball. Seriously, I hope they rupture.

I don't twitter, Tweeter, Twatter or Tatter. I don't Tic Toc, Messenger or anything else. I prefer it that no one knows anything about me that's unnecessary.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just e-mailed that to my wife. Great idea. My kid is turning out pretty good too and I would say he has his ipad way less than some of his friends but I am still very concerned that he's getting addicted. If my wife takes it away he gets all upset about it.
I hope it works. I learned from my failures, kids don't come with a handbook it's the role of us seasoned vets to aid newer parents where we can. Because we all did something wrong I can promise you that.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate facebook. Can anyone explain to me why some woman has to let the world know that her pee is a weird orange color or that she's been constipated for the past week and has been sitting on the throne for the last 41 minutes? Just seems to me that some people are just screaming for attention. Or how about the woman that took a selfie of a huge pimple on her labia? And was asking anyone what she should do? How about soap and water at least once a week? Some guy post a selfie of his hemmroids about the size of a golf ball. Seriously, I hope they rupture.

I don't twitter, Tweeter, Twatter or Tatter. I don't Tic Toc, Messenger or anything else. I prefer it that no one knows anything about me that's unnecessary.
Well I still Twat her

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate facebook. Can anyone explain to me why some woman has to let the world know that her pee is a weird orange color or that she's been constipated for the past week and has been sitting on the throne for the last 41 minutes?

You have weird fucking friends

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your favorite band from the following countries.

US:

Canada:

England:

Well For Me:

US: It's tough huge Dylan fan but for me Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. Great story telling, band is really good, great in concert.

Canada: Steppenwolf yeah they may have been Canadian and American but I'll give this one to Canada

England: Hmm some thought here took me a while to decide but the one band I never have issues listening to are The Kinks so this is my choice.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

US:

Canada:

England:

Well For Me:

US: It's tough huge Dylan fan but for me Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. Great story telling, band is really good, great in concert.

Canada: Steppenwolf yeah they may have been Canadian and American but I'll give this one to Canada

England: Hmm some thought here took me a while to decide but the one band I never have issues listening to are The Kinks so this is my choice.
That'll take a bit of thought. I can say for sure for Canada, despite maybe being a bit bubble gum prog rock, Loverboy.

US: I'll shout it out to CCR though their dispute with their label ruined their songs (by hawking their music all over TV in the late 70's, early 80's).

England: Clear choice - The Clash

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'll take a bit of thought. I can say for sure for Canada, despite maybe being a bit bubble gum prog rock, Loverboy.

US: I'll shout it out to CCR though their dispute with their label ruined their songs (by hawking their music all over TV in the late 70's, early 80's).

England: Clear choice - The Clash
For me as I aged my tastes in music changes too. Groups I was okay with in the past have become front runners as faves. Jackson Browne is a great example of that. I love JB once I got past Doctor My Eyes

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can listen to the Eagles all day and Clapton remix.

I was always a Cream and Zep fan.

Sirius Classic Vinyl when I'm driving.
I like Sirius Deep Tracks covers a lot of the non main stream music bands have done but never got any air play

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

US:

Canada:

England:

Well For Me:

US: Seger is the perfect choice. Aerosmith is 1a/1b

Canada: April Wine

England: Stones, Who, Led Zep...Not necessarily in that order...today anyway...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What social stigma does society need to get over?

White people can't dance!

In my case it's true but some white people can dance I saw it once.